• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn these people for doing this, i know its for marketing and hype purposes, but still... damn them! :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Damn these people for doing this, i know its for marketing and hype purposes, but still... damn them! :p
Every year I wish they would release it before Christmas and every year I'm disappointed. It would be nice if I could get the BR set as a gift instead of having to buy it myself. :(

It'll be nice if they released the sets earlier, but it's understandable why they release them when they do.

Remember though that in the meantime, if you want to re-watch, you can do so on HBO GO.

I like the Jon Snow parts. :(

Me too! When I first started this show, I loved literally everything about it. That didn't change in the second season. The fact that I didn't have to wait between episodes might have had something to do with it, but I liked all of the characters and the world. Then started joining up on forums and found out it wasn't the same for everyone and my heart broke :'(

Subitai

It all goes back to the fact that this is HBO's biggest show atm, and it hasn't quite topped The Sopranos.

At least everyone here got in before the Red Wedding. A lot more of the people discovering the show are going to be spoiled on that. Especially all the ones waiting to buy season 3 in 2014.

Bisnic

It all goes back to the fact that this is HBO's biggest show atm, and it hasn't quite topped The Sopranos.

At least everyone here got in before the Red Wedding. A lot more of the people discovering the show are going to be spoiled on that. Especially all the ones waiting to buy season 3 in 2014.

Yeah, i know someone who loves Game of Thrones, but have only seen the first 2 seasons, hopefully she won't get spoiled on that particular episode, if she haven't already.

Madness

Been a while since I posted in this thread. Anyone excited for Season 4? I have to admit, my interest really waned after this season. I'm not looking forward to what might happen next season.

I have a friend who is in between the first and second season and is somehow still unspoiled for the wedding. I've been trying to rush us through these two seasons before she is hears about it. She's probably sick of me talking about it...but I really don't want her to be spoiled!

Showaddy

Been a while since I posted in this thread. Anyone excited for Season 4? I have to admit, my interest really waned after this season. I'm not looking forward to what might happen next season.

I think season 4 should be even better than this season; we've got Jaime in King's landing, Jon and Night's Watch vs the WIldings & House Bolton taking over the North to look forward to.

El Daniel

I think season 4 should be even better than this season; we've got Jaime in King's landing, Jon and Night's Watch vs the WIldings & House Bolton taking over the North to look forward to.

I wonder what they're going to do with Daenarys. I love me some dragon action.

I also started reading the books and I'm now halfway the second book. Main reason I started is because I rather get 'spoiled' by the book than YT comments. :p

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

I'm looking forward to it as ever, but admittedly my interest waned during Season 3 and I'm really not sure why. Even by the Red Wedding i just sorta turned to my housemate and went "Huh, damn, that was pretty bad" and that was it.

I think it's because bookwankers (a term I coined for people like my housemates who read the books and can't WAIT to tell you about it but also not tell you about it) were banging on about the event all week.
OHHHH THIS WEEK'S GONNA BE CRAZY, HUGE THING HAPPENS, OH MAN I CAN'T TELL YOU BUT MAAAAAAN JUST YOU WAIT. So when it did happen I was all ready for something mental with deaths and whatnot, it was essentially a spoiler with no actual details.

I just get a bit fed up when I'm around bookwankers :p

N.B. I did actually read book 1 but found it hard to get through just because I was spending all this time reading something I'd already seen, I would like to read and find out what happens but god damn they're long.

Not to mention motherfucking Stannis showing up at the wall! I'm looking forward to that the most.

It will probably get derailed by something though. :(

Showaddy

I wonder what they're going to do with Daenarys. I love me some dragon action.

I dunno her crowed surfing those slaves as the seasons climax kinda killed any interest I currently have in her storyline. If some ships appear this season though I'll be right on board.

Not to mention motherfucking Stannis showing up at the wall! I'm looking forward to that the most.

It will probably get derailed by something though. :(

Damn I forgot about Stannis as well. Hopefully we get more of his season 2 vintage.

Nameless

I'm just about hyped fot S4 as I've been about anything TV related. Which is saying a lot with a couple of my all-time favorites currently on air.

Excited/hopeful to see:

-Stannis heading north to the Wall to battle the White Walkers. Mance Rayder heading south to the Wall to flee the White Walkers. Shits going down. Stannis even might have to fight his way there with the North now being under Lannister control.

-How will Jon and the least skilled brothers of The Watch defend Castle Black from Wildlings?

-The true Queen finally sailing to Westeros with her Dragons?

-The Murderous Adventures of Arya & The Hound.

-Royal Wedding(s). Joffrey/Margaery, Cersei/Loras. As amazing as GoT weddings are, these "honey moons" are the real story.

-The new Jaime(and Brienne) in Kings Landing and how he'll interact with everyone.

-Yara marching on the Boltons to rescue Theon.

-Lord of Light. Unlike The Seven, the Drowned God, or the Old Gods, the Red God has demonstrated his power, presence, and a willingness to interfere on behalf of his followers.

-Brotherhood Without Banners. They seem like natural recruits for Stannis' march North. Either way Thoros & Beric are my favorite new characters. Need more of those guys.

-Littlefinger traveling to The Vale in courtship of Cat's batshit sister.

-Three kids and a half giant wandering beyond The Wall.

-Osha and Lord Rickon going to The Umbers. Greatjon Umber was the guy who coined Robb King in The North then went around screaming it the rest of the season.

-Winter is coming.

Bisnic

It'll be nice if they released the sets earlier, but it's understandable why they release them when they do.

Remember though that in the meantime, if you want to re-watch, you can do so on HBO GO.

HBO GO seems to be US only, so it's too bad for me i guess.

Vashetti

Banned
I see why it was cut. Not a very good scene.

Mark-Wahlberg-Shock-and-Confused-Look.gif

Showaddy

Weiss specifically said they really liked the scene, but it just didn't fit into an episode well.

I tend to agree with that, I do like it, but I'm not sure where it fits.

Yeah I never really thought about Pycelle being back on the council at the time. Extra Tywin scenes are fine by me though.

Protein

Banned
Can someone tell me if we will see people being flayed or just shown flayed? Probably too gruesome but it is HBO after all. Just don't say who.

Massa

Can someone tell me if we will see people being flayed or just shown flayed? Probably too gruesome but it is HBO after all. Just don't say who.

Technically we already have. Are you asking about season 4 and beyond or are you just now watching season 3?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Guys. I'm at a Game of Thrones pub crawl in Chicago. I'm wearing a Baratheon shirt. A guy with a Targaryen shirt just was talking shit to me about abandoning the King. He was seriously angry. I thought he was joking until his friends came, apologized, and carried him away.

My first thought was, "Gaf must know!"

JDSN

Banned
Guys. I'm at a Game of Thrones pub crawl in Chicago. I'm wearing a Baratheon shirt. A guy with a Targaryen shirt just was talking shit to me about abandoning the King. He was seriously angry. I thought he was joking until his friends came, apologized, and carried him away.

Tell him that Raegar died like a pussy!

WEEEELL to be fair, Robert WAS a usurper technically. And Aemon says they even murdered little children during the rebellion. From the point of view of supporters of the Targaryens (if there even are any, as Viserys seemed to believe), the Baratheons are probably the jerks who butcher children and got them involved in a civil war hahahahaha

Nameless

Was the guy who came and apologized wearing a Stark shirt?

Massa

At least the crazy dude picked the right house to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom