• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Pass’ Massive Growth Is Bringing Developers Some Surprises

FrankWza

1. So which Mod are you that you're allowed to continually allowed to play Hall Monitor in all things Game Pass
2. Why do you continually post disingenuous/false information about being able to get 3 years of Game Pass with only a $1 investment.
3. Additionally can you please provide the proof in hard dollar numbers for Game Pass showing they are not making a profit which you state as absolute fact.
billy madison lunch GIF

1. There’s a gamepass ot that I’ve never posted in. The mods set that up. If it stayed in there a lot fewer people would bother but people continue to post threads around rumors and speculation which makes those threads a free for all. That was the reason for setting up the OT. You can’t have it both ways.
2. gamepass is $1 when you have gold. You’re referring to gamepass ultimate. That includes gold. If you have gold, you can get gamepass for $1 for up to 3 years. If xbox is such a great place for multiplayer, why would you not have gold anyway? Why take away the value of many games and the exclusive xbox titles like gears and halo and their online component?
3. there’s a guy who many threads here are based on and whose word is considered bible with the xbox community. He said it.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
it isnt viable business for them. plus elder scrolls is mainly pc. PlayStation never kept it alive. pc did with mods. as for those who dont have xbox, their is xcloud (phone pc), steam, or gamepass pc. the choice is there. if they kinda released on ps5, they will lose future gamepass subs.

I dont like it, but i kinda get it. Spiderman is a great game. but since sony (not playstation owns it), they have the option to release it on other consoles or pc. they havent done it. so i doubt Microsoft will do the same for them.

I am pc player, so i will enjoy it on pc. and in 2-3 years i will get next gen consoles when they are cheap. So, far none of them are good for me. plus my old ones are breathing. xbox will send their games to pc for me, and on x1s, i will just enjoy fifa and gamepass there.
I'm not worried about Microsoft's profits. Just like I don't worry about Sony's or Nintendo's or Steam's. I'm not a shareholder so my only relationship with these companies is as a consumer. Whatever Microsoft decides to do it will not make or break them, bottom line.

As a consumer, I don't care if the game is exclusive or not. I just want to play it. If others get to play it, fantastic. If others end up buying an Xbox to play it, that's fine too. It doesn't matter to me. I know I'll be playing it day one...more than likely on PC.

Spidey Fan

Banned
I'm not worried about Microsoft's profits. Just like I don't worry about Sony's or Nintendo's or Steam's. I'm not a shareholder so my only relationship with these companies is as a consumer. Whatever Microsoft decides to do it will not make or break them, bottom line.

As a consumer, I don't care if the game is exclusive or not. I just want to play it. If others get to play it, fantastic. If others end up buying an Xbox to play it, that's fine too. It doesn't matter to me. I know I'll be playing it day one...more than likely on PC.
yCQEcB7.png
lgp7Dfg.png

I am proud to represent my glory mostly free stuff i got from xbox and epic. most of my steam were free or cheap. This is just pc. and purchased xbox games with xlive games. Age of empires were free on microsoft at one time. total games i have on pc is 951 (some overlap from steam gog epic and xbox games).

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
billy madison lunch GIF

1. There’s a gamepass ot that I’ve never posted in. The mods set that up. If it stayed in there a lot fewer people would bother but people continue to post threads around rumors and speculation which makes those threads a free for all. That was the reason for setting up the OT. You can’t have it both ways.
2. gamepass is $1 when you have gold. You’re referring to gamepass ultimate. That includes gold. If you have gold, you can get gamepass for $1 for up to 3 years. If xbox is such a great place for multiplayer, why would you not have gold anyway? Why take away the value of many games and the exclusive xbox titles like gears and halo and their online component?
3. there’s a guy who many threads here are based on and whose word is considered bible with the xbox community. He said it.

As expected your usual disingenuous drivel.

Nobody is interested in posting in that shitshow of a Game Pass quarantine thread and unless you are a mod it is not your job to play Hall Monitor and tell others where to post. So either tell us which mod you are or STFU about that cancerous thread.

Same goes for your constant disingenuous posting and reposting the $1 for 3 yrs of Game Pass - enough STFU.

Proof and numbers to back up your claim, not a tweet from someone that doesn't even work for Xbox or STFU.

Now I'm playing Hall Monitor and saying STFU or contribute something worthwhile because I doubt I'm the only one tired of your endless and repeated trolling.

One more thing; I'm not getting into any back and forth with you since you only post in bad faith and crave the attention of people wasting their time trying to have an honest discussion with you. Respond to this post or not, I don't care I'm done.

FrankWza

As expected your usual disingenuous drivel.

Nobody is interested in posting in that shitshow of a Game Pass quarantine thread and unless you are a mod it is not your job to play Hall Monitor and tell others where to post. So either tell us which mod you are or STFU about that cancerous thread.

Same goes for your constant disingenuous posting and reposting the $1 for 3 yrs of Game Pass - enough STFU.

Proof and numbers to back up your claim, not a tweet from someone that doesn't even work for Xbox or STFU.

Now I'm playing Hall Monitor and saying STFU or contribute something worthwhile because I doubt I'm the only one tired of your endless and repeated trolling.

One more thing; I'm not getting into any back and forth with you since you only post in bad faith and crave the attention of people wasting their time trying to have an honest discussion with you. Respond to this post or not, I don't care I'm done.
adopts cat lady GIF

cat lady meow GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Mod huh?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
yCQEcB7.png
lgp7Dfg.png

I am proud to represent my glory mostly free stuff i got from xbox and epic. most of my steam were free or cheap. This is just pc. and purchased xbox games with xlive games. Age of empires were free on microsoft at one time. total games i have on pc is 951 (some overlap from steam gog epic and xbox games).
That's...great? I don't understand your point.

Spidey Fan

Banned
That's...great? I don't understand your point.
we pc players are winners. everyone wants to give us their games free(epic), xbox subscription, playstation (2 games exclusive for now, but sales should arrive soon. summer sale baby).

We are just happy. I couldnt have bough all these games. that is worth 5k-20k$ or more.

we pc players are winners. everyone wants to give us their games free(epic), xbox subscription, playstation (2 games exclusive for now, but sales should arrive soon. summer sale baby).

We are just happy. I couldnt have bough all these games. that is worth 5k-20k$ or more.
Congratulations Congrats GIF

Max_Po

Banned

nothing is free, you are still using EPIC's trash pc client... R O F L ...

adopts cat lady GIF

cat lady meow GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos

Mod huh?
Sorry, but I completely agree. I've seen you in multiple Gamepass threads with your tinfoil hat conspiracies.

I don't know if someone that created Gamepass did something to you or a family member, or if you somehow had a terrible experience related to it or what. But the jealous personal hatred you apparently have against Gamepass can't be healthy. I've seen people that aren't a fan of the model as a whole, but that's where your anger is focused.

Whatever it is, it's incredibly strange. It's not uncommon to see people affiliate with a group and despise others of another group such as xbox gamers and PS gamers. It's not even uncommon to see that translate over to an inanimate object such as the consoles themselves.

Yet your the first (and hopefully last) that I've seen that puts so much effort into hating a service. Something that's not even an object. It's not something so divided as religion or politics even. It's just the way MS has gone about distributing their service. And for reasons unknown to anyone but yourself... It bothers you to no end.

I have no idea of your personal situation, or previous mental health, but it definitely couldn't hurt to perhaps talk to someone like a professional to see if there aren't healthier ways to deal with things.

FrankWza

Sorry, but I completely agree. I've seen you in multiple Gamepass threads with your tinfoil hat conspiracies.

I don't know if someone that created Gamepass did something to you or a family member, or if you somehow had a terrible experience related to it or what. But the jealous personal hatred you apparently have against Gamepass can't be healthy. I've seen people that aren't a fan of the model as a whole, but that's where your anger is focused.

Whatever it is, it's incredibly strange. It's not uncommon to see people affiliate with a group and despise others of another group such as xbox gamers and PS gamers. It's not even uncommon to see that translate over to an inanimate object such as the consoles themselves.

Yet your the first (and hopefully last) that I've seen that puts so much effort into hating a service. Something that's not even an object. It's not something so divided as religion or politics even. It's just the way MS has gone about distributing their service. And for reasons unknown to anyone but yourself... It bothers you to no end.

I have no idea of your personal situation, or previous mental health, but it definitely couldn't hurt to perhaps talk to someone like a professional to see if there aren't healthier ways to deal with things.
You took the time to type this?
maybe you’re self diagnosing? Can interest you in a mirror?
I have said that gamepass is a ridiculous deal. That’s positive. It’s an especially great coup for someone who is just now joining the xbox ecosystem and can get 3 years for $1. If you don’t believe it’s $1 for 3 years you’re just not willing to accept certain things perhaps. All you need to do is look at the MLB the show gamepass threads to see how many users here were bragging about getting the game for $1 while PS owners had to pay $70. Funny how I never posted in the gamepass OT…
You’re taking bs back and forth stuff that’s supposed to be in good fun and making it about something serious. Did you ever think that maybe someone on here does actual struggle with an issue and they’re reading your post and feeling bad? Just like the other lady, when you can’t take what you dish you go all teeth and nails. Relax and have a drink. You can afford it. You saved a bunch of money on gp ;)
If you can’t take it don’t dish it

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Ahhh I see. It is kinda nice huh.

Fredrik

I have said that gamepass is a ridiculous deal. That’s positive. It’s an especially great coup for someone who is just now joining the xbox ecosystem and can get 3 years for $1. If you don’t believe it’s $1 for 3 years you’re just not willing to accept certain things perhaps. All you need to do is look at the MLB the show gamepass threads to see how many users here were bragging about getting the game for $1 while PS owners had to pay $70. Funny how I never posted in the gamepass OT…
You’re taking bs back and forth stuff that’s supposed to be in good fun and making it about something serious. Did you ever think that maybe someone on here does actual struggle with an issue and they’re reading your post and feeling bad? Just like the other lady, when you can’t take what you dish you go all teeth and nails. Relax and have a drink. You can afford it. You saved a bunch of money on gp ;)
You’re misinformed, there was never a way to get 3 years of Gamepass for $1.

What you could do was prepay for Xbox Live Gold and then convert that one time for $1 to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. If you stacked prepaid 12 month XBLG card you could get 3 years of Gamepass for about $180.

The $1 confusion comes from people who were so used to paying for online that they only saw the added $1 conversion cost. Crappy thinking of course since online isn’t free on Xbox.

Then another deal popped up when EA and Microsoft teamed up. Now you could convert EA Play to Gamepass Ultimate, prepaying for 1 year of EA Play would get you 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate. Stack 3 years of EA Play gets you 1 year of Gamepass Ultimate. This will cost you roughly $80.

It’s a big bill and an investment in the platform since you can’t cancel prepaid cards, but what you end up with is the equivalent of a Gamepass Ultimate subscription for just under $5/month.

Roughly the same monthly cost as subscribing to Xbox Live Gold, or Geforce Now on the founders price, or half a pizza. Still a great deal but not $1 for 3 years.

Sw0pDiller

So what happens if you go for the 3 months for one euro deal? Does that cancel out the live for 1 euro deal later? My nighbours got themselves a one s and they have gp installed on the advice of some family member. Funny thing is, they only play fortnite on the system. Don't even know they can play more on it now.

Three years for $1 means you have to already have three years of Gold stacked, and then you turn that into Ultimate for $1. You’re ignoring the initial investment required to get to the three year part of the equation.

Or let me guess, everyone has three years of Gold stacked already? The lengths some of you will go to just to downplay GamePass would be adorable if it weren’t so sad.

If you’re knowledgeable on VPN’s you can usually find shady deals for Turkish Gold 12 month cards for $35 or so. Otherwise you’re paying $50-60 for a year unless you stack up during holidays or some sale. And then you’re attached to the Xbox ecosystem for three years. I’m sure MS is really torn up about that.

Wait, isn't gamepass a counter top psnow? With better marketing for sure, but it still came out later, the only real benefit it has is the constant astroturfing. That makes you feel like you are part of something when you join.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Wait, isn't gamepass a counter top psnow? With better marketing for sure, but it still came out later, the only real benefit it has is the constant astroturfing. That makes you feel like you are part of something when you join.
Are you thinking about xcloud? That’s Microsoft’s streaming service. Xbox Game Pass is another thing, while streaming has now been added to the Ultimate sub it started purely as a subscription service with a library of natively installed games, 100 games iirc. PS Now also have installable games now but that was added later, likely a counter to Gamepass.

S0ULZB0URNE

There’s a games pass ot for all the “avid” users and debunkers. If there’s going to be an insistence on creating threads about rumors and speculation, despite being told not to, then they should be open to anyone who wishes to comment.
It’s not profitable. It’s funded by the parent company to make up for years of poor output. Absolutely enjoy it. If you had an xbox one, especially from day one, one could argue you’re owed that much and helped subsidize this. If you never had an xbox, and can now join for $1 for 3 years, then you really made out like a bandit.
Yeah why are all this threads going when that exists?

Top Bottom