• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Pass Ultimate question

Allforce

Curious as I've been out of the XBox loop for over a year, but I'm going to pick up a Series S tomorrow so I had a question about that Game Pass Ultimate upgrade that I know is still working.

Basically I've had an XBox Live account for like 15 years, I signed up for PC Game Pass in 2020 and then did that $1 dollar upgrade thing to the Ultimate service so my kid would have some stuff to play on the old XBox One. The subscription lapsed in like July last year and we haven't touched it since.

Basically can I still do that $1 upgrade thing or did I already burn that bridge and waste it on that 3 month subscription last year? I was hoping to just grab a cheap year of XBox Live Gold and then upgrade (I don't really feel like dropping 150+ bucks for 3 years) and then do the $1 upgrade to Ultimate but if I am locked out because I've already used it I guess I'm just doing the 14.99 recurring monthly fee.

Thanks y'all!

Antwix

Most likely, no in regards to the $1 offer. You can still do the upgrade 1:1 XBL gold to GP Ultimate but you'll be paying $15 for the conversion upgrade.

I had game pass for 2.5 years (which ended last summer) and the $1 offer never came back for me. It's funny cuz on my Xbox dashboard it'll occasionally have a "Enjoy 100s of games for $1!" ad, but when I click on it.... nope. $14.99.

Last edited:

elliot5

You can load up 3 years of Gold and just pay the full $15 for a month of Ultimate if it doesn’t give you an option for the $1 deal. It’ll still convert all the same.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Once your sub lapses/expires(not past due), then you can use the conversion deal again. I don't know if you'll get the $1 deal, but you'll still be able to stack 12-month Gold cards and convert them to Ultimate.

Source: I've done the conversion deal a bunch of times and this past Black Friday I did 3 x 12-month Gold at $50ea and then converted to Ultimate for $14.99. $165 for 3yrs of GP Ultimate.

jhjfss

As long as you have no active subs, you can do it, but the upgrade fee will be 15 dollars instead of 1.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I was hoping to just grab a cheap year of XBox Live Gold and then upgrade (I don't really feel like dropping 150+ bucks for 3 years) and then do the $1 upgrade to Ultimate but if I am locked out because I've already used it I guess I'm just doing the 14.99 recurring monthly fee.
The deal of "upgrading from gold" had nothing to do with it being "1$", that's just the promo price for it, Gold time will still 1:1 convert to gamepass time, but instead of paying the promo price, you could be paying the regular price.

Ev1L AuRoN

I got that offer 2x in my account, but I use it on PC usually I subscribe for two or three month then I quit and wait something good be available.

Top Bottom