• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME selling Captain Toad in the UK early, online orders already, instore Monday

LAA

Jeez. Nothing despatched from GAME again either since yesterday morning. Cancelled and went back with ShopTo, I at least know if they dispatch today, theres a good chance it'll come tomorrow, if not then at least monday.

So I'm at work and some buddies come in to me saying that the GAME in Hamley's round the corner on Regent's Street has copies of the game going today. £34.99.

Going to brave the Christmas shopping crowd and pop in during my lunch break and see what's up.

Axass

Yeah, I'm not paying €8 more on international delivery, to see it arrive after Christmas anyway.

What's bugging me is that the game is clearly ready if they're shipping them... so why in the nine hells has Nintendo decided to sell it after the holidays in Europe????? It makes no sense.

That was the game I wanted for Xmas, instead I bought some old Wii/PS3/PSP stuff, and will spend the rest on Steam stuff.

RyType

Might pop into my local game in Camberley and see if there's any copies availible. On the plus side, at least my captain falcon amiibo arrived!

GAME in the Bullring informed me this morning that they won't be selling this until Monday in store - nothing on my online order yet.

Haha, wish I'd seen this thread earlier yesterday. Checked my email yesterday at 1pm to see shopto had taken the money and dispatched Captain Toad. Nice to have it early, but that's thirty quid I didn't think I needed until after new year.

@Orders from Amazon: They've had today listed as the release date for a while too. Relax, if you check you can buy them now since pre-order link is gone, they should ship them soon. I'm still waiting for Zavvi to ship my first amiibo, I can see this going all wrong though since it's Zavvi.

Which amazon? Amazon UK still says the 2nd and has a pre-order link up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm trying to not order from GAME and ShopTo just doesn't seem to want to accept my credit card (literally the only site I've ever come across to do so, even Japanese sites take it no problem) so I guess no early Toad for me.

Farsight

No luck in Game last night but I did reserve and pick up a copy in Argos this morning no problem (Edinburgh North Bridge, looking at the Argos site stock checker things all the Edinburgh branches have it in). Happy days. Thanks to PolyphonicBoy for the Argos-headsup!

PolyphonicBoy

Neo Member
No luck in Game last night but I did reserve and pick up a copy in Argos this morning no problem (Edinburgh North Bridge, looking at the Argos site stock checker things all the Edinburgh branches have it in). Happy days. Thanks to PolyphonicBoy for the Argos-headsup!

No worries dude. Big Edinburgh contingent here. I'm in Auld Reekie too!

Good shout lads. I've just ordered mine from one of the Glasgow branches to pick up at lunchtime.

jimi_dini

What's bugging me is that the game is clearly ready if they're shipping them... so why in the nine hells has Nintendo decided to sell it after the holidays in Europe????? It makes no sense.

Nintendo had to translate it and that takes time. The US version just got done a few weeks ago, but PAL requires multi-5 translation.

And instead of printing discs with a buggy piece of crap version and releasing a day 1 patch (pull a Ubisoft), they decided to delay the game for a few weeks.

gamecollection, come on. I preordered it weeks ago. Pls. Jimi needs Captain Toad.

Mines at Gamecollection but I am tempted to go elsewhere,

The only reason I won't is Gamecollection have been fantastic on everything I have ordered so far so I am going to be Loyal even if it means getting it on the 2nd besides I already got my Kid Smash and Hyrule Warriors for Xmas so we will have plenty to get throughh

I noticed Argos have two prices online £28.99 & £34.99, strange...

MouldyK

Yesterday I cancelled my preorder from ShopTo to GAME after hearing the news...

...today I cancelled my GAME one after it never dispatched and ordered it from ShopTo...

...15 minutes later: ShopTo have dispatched it.

Love you again, ShopTo!

Rosur

Yesterday I cancelled my preorder from ShopTo to GAME after hearing the news...

...today I cancelled my GAME one after it never dispatched and ordered it from ShopTo...

...15 minutes later: ShopTo have dispatched it.

Love you again, ShopTo!

Yea got that to glad I switch should have to before Christmas :)

Also pre-ordered both DMC definitive edition and FFX/X-2 HD as well (as amazon hadn't put them up yet).

RyType

Shopto any good? Tempted to cancel my GAME order and give them a try. I want this game for Christmas- it's adorable. :-(

Robin64

Seeing people on Twitter getting theirs in the post. Not sure who they used, but exciting!

People using Game Collection might want to reconsider.

OT8Gd9S.png

RyType

just got a dispatch order from Shopto within five minutes of placing it.

Cancelled my Game order. Thanks for nothing as usual Game.

Lucifon

Cancelled my GAME and Amazon orders, neither had despatched. Went with Shopto and was despatched 15 minutes or so later. Great stuff :)

Preordered yesterday morning from GAME shortly after this thread went live, reliably informed my copy has arrived today and is sat waiting for me at home :)

Thanks again to the OP!

Nbz

Still nothing from Game, pre-ordered it yesterday morning! Sigh.

Same for me, Had no notification of shipping or anything. I live in Edinburgh for reference. Wonder if its different parts of the country that are getting lucky

Top Bottom