• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME selling Captain Toad in the UK early, online orders already, instore Monday

If nothing else I think this confirms that they got around the whole no deliveries of boxing day make Jan 2nd release impossible by sending out the games now.

It really begs the question though, why not release it on 19th Dec? As the Jan 2nd release online orders sure aren't going to come then.

It really begs the question though, why not release it on 19th Dec? As the Jan 2nd release online orders sure aren't going to come then.

It is releasing on the 19th, it's just that GAME are the only shop willing to sell copies then for some reason, my guess is that other retailers have received their copies but still think the release date is either the 9th (shopto) or the 2nd(everybody else).
Amazon are so confused by this whole thing they have stopped taking any orders.

TearYouAsunder

Neo Member
same...either they're sending them out early too - or they are charging everyone's pre-orders early so people don't switch/cancel!
I guess we'll find out which soon!

Was just seconds away from completing my order with Game when I recieved the email notifying me of the charge. I too hope it isnt a defensive measure their adopting.

Was just seconds away from completing my order with Game when I recieved the email notifying me of the charge. I too hope it isnt a defensive measure their adopting.

that sucks, hopefully shopto are sending out today and will arrive for you tomorrow or saturday.
GAME have been shipping this since Wednesday and are still excepting and shipping new orders out today, most of their copies will arrive tomorrow.
Fingers crossed you get a shipping notification soon and not just "we charged your card, your too late"
shopto still shows the 9th for release date though, it's very early to charge your payment unless they send out today as well.

Robin64

David Scammell ‏@VG_Dave 16m
GAME's PR agency has just told me that the retailer won't be commenting on the Captain Toad early release rumour.​

Weird.

openrob

Well I havemnt played SM3DW yet - but asked for it for christmas, so I am tempted, but think I will wait

In that case NOE are doing a SEGA Saturn...
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/544816566580551680
That was posted two days ago and does not say the 19th,

i think this is more of a case of retailers knowing that the date of the 2nd was a ridiculous idea and they are actually doing Nintendo, themselves and the customers a favor by ignoring that and releasing before Christmas.

In fact any other date than the 2nd would have made more sense, even the later January date, but to choose the day after new years is crazy.

LAA

Nothing yet :(
I did only pre-order this morning though. Has anyone else done the same and awaiting a despatch email?

Robin64

£34.99 in store, so gonna stick with the £29.99 online version. Even if it doesn't come until Monday for some reason, that's still a lot earlier than I expected anyway!

Amazon UK have it back up, but it still says January 2nd for release. Wonder what they'll do.

Farsight

I just walked into Game in Edinburgh and this was on the shelves and for sale. Ready for Adventure indeed.

Was this St James Centre branch ( I know there's not many to choose from anymore but just in case you're referring to Kinnaird or Cameron Toll)? Tempted to pop in this evening.

Did Nintendo just say "Fuck it"?

I think this is more a case of shopto saying "fuck it, we'll just charge everyone so they don't order from GAME or buy a copy tomorrow from the shops"

it's sad to see them charge people and not ship their orders just because they found out some shops are selling from tomorrow, maybe they are banned on neogaf for a good reason and i'm only just finding out why.

LoveCake

Hmm i wonder if the release date has changed or something, why would the date be the 2nd Jan if GAME have the disc's in stock already, surely the other retailers have the disc's in stock as well?

I have my copy on order with The Game Collection & they still have the 2/1/15 for the release :(

XaosWolf

Well that sucks. =/

ShopTo has charged already, and due to my phone not syncing my emails automatically the past couple of days, I hadn't seem the emails.

Here's hoping they ship today for Monday.

Ian

Awesome, I thought this wasn't out until next year!

Do GAME still gut their "new" games or do they sell them sealed these days? I haven't shopped there in years.

Hobohodo

Awesome, I thought this wasn't out until next year!

Do GAME still gut their "new" games or do they sell them sealed these days? I haven't shopped there in years.

As they always have done they gut two copies of a game to put boxes on the floor/make a control copy. The rest are sealed.

Ian

As they always have done they gut two copies of a game to put boxes on the floor/make a control copy. The rest are sealed.

Thanks for the info. Maybe it was just my local store, but back in the PS1 days you couldn't buy a sealed game from them. They gutted EVERY copy and if you asked for a sealed one you were out of luck. Unfortunately, they were the only software outlet in town :-(

I'll try my luck, anyway.

PolyphonicBoy

Neo Member
You can reserve online and pick up from Argos today (£34.99).

I'm sticking with my £25 Amazon pre-order, but they don't have any sign of dispatching early. :-(

Lucifon

I'm sticking with my £25 Amazon pre-order, but they don't have any sign of dispatching early. :-(

Same for my order. I love Amazon's customer service but when it comes to things like this it seems to take forever for it to filter through the company :( When you speak to them they have no clue about it releasing early.

Top Bottom