• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

LaneDS

Just resell what you no longer desire and trade them for albums you DO want! Records have been swapped since their invention, it’s a good half of the fun.

Is Discogs the best bet if you're an individual with a handful of albums to sell? I've only bought a couple things through there and haven't actually sold anything myself, but there's a few things I've got that I'm not sure I care about enough to hold onto.

For the 0.00001% of people here who backed it at the level, apparently the Chime# vinyl was done last month and should have shipped out by now, yet there's no sign of it. This is from Ste himself, I got sick of the lack of communicatiin regarding a £50 reward for a project that ended over 2 years ago, so I emailed him for an update.

Is Discogs the best bet if you're an individual with a handful of albums to sell? I've only bought a couple things through there and haven't actually sold anything myself, but there's a few things I've got that I'm not sure I care about enough to hold onto.
If you have no physical stores within a reasonable distance, for sure. If you have PayPal, absolutely.

Just make sure to price and advertise for shipping accordingly- it can truly bite into any profit you might have seen.

For the 0.00001% of people here who backed it at the level, apparently the Chime# vinyl was done last month and should have shipped out by now, yet there's no sign of it. This is from Ste himself, I got sick of the lack of communicatiin regarding a £50 reward for a project that ended over 2 years ago, so I emailed him for an update.

That's interesting because I asked him at the beginning of August about it and he was told the recordings had been approved two weeks prior. He also said he'd post an update soon and never did (unless he takes long ass vacations). Needless to say I'm not supporting anything of his ever again.

qUBlopQ.png

Hmm. Here's the email he sent me...

hey. excuse the brevity but I'm writing this on my phone on a plane about to take off. the publisher told me the vinyl was done and being sent out last month (i saw him tweet a picture of it so fairly sure it isn't fiction). i will forward this and pass on your concerns -- definitely unacceptable and I'm sorry about that. Lack of communication also my fault, though it was only very recently I was made aware these hadn't been done -- they assured me at the start of the project they would be handling any physical rewards otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to the project.

Dan-o

I've sold about 10 random records on Discogs, and every transaction has gone well. Fees are cheaper than eBay, too, although you have to manually pay them once a month.
That said, I listed an item on both eBay and Discogs, and someone on eBay bought it. I priced it a few dollars higher there to make up the difference on my side.

Just keep your prices reasonable, and you'll do fine selling stuff off. :)

I have a handful of VGM records I've been considering selling... but haven't quite decided to bite the bullet yet. I'm keeping the majority of what I have, but maybe 5 or 6 that I could pass on to others who might want them more than I do.

RaidenZR

That's interesting because I asked him at the beginning of August about it and he was told the recordings had been approved two weeks prior. He also said he'd post an update soon and never did (unless he takes long ass vacations). Needless to say I'm not supporting anything of his ever again.

Been waiting for this, too. I don't think he's too trustworthy and these comments he made to you guys support that.

I paid out the ass for that Kickstarter tier that gets you the physical vinyl and that was obviously a mistake. Plus, he wasn't up front with the "Oh, licensing prevents us from putting like 5 of the most popular songs on the vinyl album anyways." That's something you should do your due diligence on beforehand. What I know now is that he was still wheeling and dealing to assemble the songs that would appear in the game back when he put the Kickstarter page together, but I wasn't aware of that at the time. I don't think anyone was. I expected I'd get the music soundtrack to the music game without exceptions, but then you pull the rug and not deliver that music in full. The whole album is super compromised before it even arrives.

As a fan of the original Chime as a game, and still a fan of the core concept, I'm supremely disappointed by how it's all turned out.

But yeah, can't trust him at this point. If it magically shows up one day, then great, but I'm truly not expecting it. Another painful lesson learned from Kickstarter.

Dan-o

Without getting too specific...
Did anyone here also order the Dark Souls Vinyl Trilogy from Bandai Namco EU?
And did you happen to use a forwarding service in the UK (located in Preston)?
And did you happen to get an email from a parcel tracking company with a different person's name and slightly different address than what the forwarding service gave you when you signed up?

Because... I did. I think I got the tracking number for someone else's package, not mine, so I assume that person would have got my tracking number. They may be on the same shipment... but the forwarding service in Preston may end up having an issue with these if they don't match up the way they should.

So... if you're in the same boat as me... shoot me a DM please. We don't have to exchange personal info.. just need to be aware of each other in case there's a problem.

edit: thinking about this more, it's possible that the person whose name is on my order may have ordered from Bandai Namco earlier, and now may be getting a second copy because of BN's screwup. So if your initials are J.L. and you ordered from them in the last few weeks... Please.. PLEASE... contact me. I have a feeling BN's screwup is going to leave me with nothing... .

Draginite

Neo Member
A lil off-topic, but is there a Neogaf thread to keep track of tv/film vinyl news like this one, or any kind of forum/news site?

hank_tree

Without getting too specific...
Did anyone here also order the Dark Souls Vinyl Trilogy from Bandai Namco EU?
And did you happen to use a forwarding service in the UK (located in Preston)?
And did you happen to get an email from a parcel tracking company with a different person's name and slightly different address than what the forwarding service gave you when you signed up?

Because... I did. I think I got the tracking number for someone else's package, not mine, so I assume that person would have got my tracking number. They may be on the same shipment... but the forwarding service in Preston may end up having an issue with these if they don't match up the way they should.

So... if you're in the same boat as me... shoot me a DM please. We don't have to exchange personal info.. just need to be aware of each other in case there's a problem.

edit: thinking about this more, it's possible that the person whose name is on my order may have ordered from Bandai Namco earlier, and now may be getting a second copy because of BN's screwup. So if your initials are J.L. and you ordered from them in the last few weeks... Please.. PLEASE... contact me. I have a feeling BN's screwup is going to leave me with nothing... .

I think it’s still in stock on the store so I’d get in contact with BN right away in case you need to be sent a replacement.

Dan-o

I think it's still in stock on the store so I'd get in contact with BN right away in case you need to be sent a replacement.

Done. :)

Best case scenario is that either BN or the shipping agent swapped the email addresses, but both packages were sent with the correct info and delivered at the same time, and everything will be fine. Anything other than that is... going to be a bit of a mess.

And Star Dew Valley bought! I was upset to miss this one, excited for it to arrive. Fangamer is pretty quick on their shipping too.

Fangamer's shipping is terrifying. To put things in perspective they have one office (now two: one in Japan), in Tuscon, Arizona, and I live about 2 hours away from Chicago. When I order something, even though the default is 3-5 days, it arrives usually next day after it ships.

More on topic though: is the Stardew vinyl worth it? I'm debating it....

Its always a hard qualification for me with video game vinyl. I feel like at some point, you're simply out of luck with getting another copy, possible forever. So if I feel like I'll be listening to it more than once, and its from a game I like moderately like, I pick it up.

In particular I've stopped with Data Disc purchases, because I find myself just not enjoying Sega music in general on vinyl. Heresy I know, but if I spin it once and that's it?

I picked up Stardew because it seems to sell out quick and if you don't pick it up soon....

Fangamer's shipping is terrifying. To put things in perspective they have one office (now two: one in Japan), in Tuscon, Arizona, and I live about 2 hours away from Chicago. When I order something, even though the default is 3-5 days, it arrives usually next day after it ships.

RaidenZR

I would love if a Katamari Damacy soundtrack was released on vinyl.

Someone do it!

I would be there in a heartbeat. Hopefully Namco Bandai figures that out on their own soon.

I ordered as soon as I got Fangamer's newsletter email. Just got a shipping notification an hour ago.

Dyna

Are Data Discs sending passwords to access Metal Slug earlier or are they all going live at the same time (7PM GMT)?

EDIT: Never mind, I checked the newsletter they sent on Tuesday and they will send out passwords this time too. Was just a bit confused because their recent tweets didn't mention anything about it.

Dyna

I finally got the email in the correct batch, usually they've sent the password out in the US batch even though I live in Europe. Got the limited edition, super excited for this one! Heavy Machine Gun!

Dyna

By the way, have Data Discs ever mentioned a possibility of Super Hang-On getting reissued? I initially skipped out on it because I wasn't at all familiar with the game but I would definitely buy it nowadays.

Spwn

By the way, have Data Discs ever mentioned a possibility of Super Hang-On getting reissued? I initially skipped out on it because I wasn't at all familiar with the game but I would definitely buy it nowadays.

They've said it sold so poorly and the packaging was more expensive than regular releases that the likelyhood of a repress is quite low.

I got an email from DD about this:

Your location is automatically determined by the location of your email server (not your computer's location). Unfortunately, a lot of UK Gmail accounts are actually located in the US, hence why you're on the US list.

I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to change this, so you'll continue to receive password emails with the US batch. However, do feel free to shoot us an email at the time of the UK allocation and I'll be happy to send you a password.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks!

So that explains it, not much they can do so just email them around the time you should get a code and no problem!

Top Bottom