• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Rez Art Thread

Life Is Strange + Before The Storm
GRN6nFo.jpg
Ej2kRyM.jpg

nHsAVW1.png
WJCtNXg.png

nSpSHQr.png
UJuRXLv.png
55msK6C.png

3556x2000
2000x2828
5184x2119
3861x2707
4051x800
2583x1686
609x646

[28 MB]

Life Is Strange 2
Z6IIGGP.gif
TaZv9LZ.gif

sqFmZL9.png
YbTfIKF.png
IRMb5MJ.png
xJvcUt5.png

5iBLBZp.png
PUZqFRt.gif

3528x5000 [x2]
7055x5000 [x2]
24828x9744 [x4]
4000x1189
3994x2421

[338 MB]

Fallout 76
Hmv3GR4.jpg
gjFAjij.jpg
c3yB7fx.jpg

HixlvFC.gif

15000x8441
16000x9000
16000x12000
1063x488 [x4]

[257MB]

Children of Morta
jut0aGT.gif

wDG5j0w.jpg
AwMYQ6J.jpg
WPqzVDn.png

10703x1575 [x2]
11811x5906
5760x3240
2224x2888

[69 MB]

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
pantheonproject
Can you please stop spamming post almost each and every day? :messenger_face_steam: 👎
This will get you nowhere. If you've more arts to share, do it with as few post as possible and stop posting only one artwork in one or two post👈

Hey dude! Didn’t wanted to trigger you with daily uploads. Sorry if that is considered spamming by your standards. My only goal was to contribute artworks and graphics to this topic which hasn’t been added by others yet. As I’m doing it on my free time by going through my various discs one by one, it seemed the most convenient way to do it. If these contribution are not up to the standards of GAF, I could try to group them like every other week or so - I just didn’t see the point to wait out, just for that.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
pantheonproject
I don't have problems with what you're sharing here, just try to put as many artworks in one post as possible and no one is rushing you to post each day, we all people here with real life stuff etc.

Last edited:

-BLITZ-

I see no disturbance to what pantheonproject pantheonproject is doing, at least from my point of you. NeoGaf is different from many places and one old thing I know for sure about GAF, is that you can post like this, because here is not considered spamming. We used to be like this before and even me was doing this daily, posting artworks or even one art per day. Let's not get too restricted. I once reminded that this place is open to shares for all people and pantheonproject pantheonproject does not deviate from the thread rules and post forms.

His posts continue to maintain the thread active, daily, which is good, by that promoting the thread. I also apologize for not updating the current summary and no shares. I had a full year of personal issues in all forms that have ended finally.

Ellis

Is there a backup of thevideogamegalley.com before it went down, or a really good alternative ?
So many pieces that I can't for the life of me find any more. I'm not one for jumping through hoops or begging someone for a password to a download only to get ignored anyway. Fuck all that.

-BLITZ-

I don't have any information about the story of that website shutdown and I don't know if there is an alternative source. :messenger_confused:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm not one for jumping through hoops or begging someone for a password to a download only to get ignored anyway. Fuck all that.
1) Nobody is begging for anything here and only making requests.
2) If I didn't answer, then it means I don't feel comfortable to share anything with one particular user for one reason or the other, simple as that, end of story.

-BLITZ- -BLITZ- well, for one, it'll be easier for us to update the summary without copying a ton of links from a lot of posts.... and.... well that's the main point of my post actually. And nobody is restricting anyone as to how many posts one can make, god forbid, but convinience is a good thing 👈

His posts continue to maintain the thread active, daily, which is good, by that promoting the thread.
They sure are and yes, good thing indeed.

Ellis

2) If I didn't answer, then it means I don't feel comfortable to share anything with one particular user for one reason or the other, simple as that, end of story.

That is perfectly fine, and the exact reason why I asked if there was an alternative to thevideogamegallery, as someone might know, and I like artwork that is easily accessible. Thankfully a lot of people here have been cool with their sharing and I have grabbed a few really nice images, but a lot of stuff seems to have disappeared with thevideogamegallery.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm a dedicated person to this kind of task :messenger_tongue: :messenger_beaming:
:messenger_beaming:
Ahem, have you forgot that you only have to edit the first half and the second half is mine? :messenger_winking:

That is perfectly fine, and the exact reason why I asked if there was an alternative to thevideogamegallery, as someone might know, and I like artwork that is easily accessible. Thankfully a lot of people here have been cool with their sharing and I have grabbed a few really nice images, but a lot of stuff seems to have disappeared with thevideogamegallery.
There is no alternative as far as I know:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Last edited:

Darkcloud69

Neo Member
The material you guys are sharing here is incredible.
I read the rules o the thread and also scrolled through the whole First version of it.
I seem to understand I need to have at least 200 posts before I can request the password. That's cool I understand why and I will be doing my best to earn that :messenger_bicep:
One question:
-BLITZ- -BLITZ- and Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven I noticed you two are like the leads of this thread. I was wondering just how big are your collections of Videogame assets?
Do you have them all organized by IP or something like that too?
This stuff is such a niche hobby so I'm glad to see there's actually so many other people into this, wish I had found this place years ago.

Last edited:

-BLITZ-

I could call myself and 47 the heads of the thread because of our continue dedication. Before us was Cuth & Omnibus. About the collection. Mine is a library the way you see a section in a library. They are well kept and copied for backup. The database is in TB now. I did invest some money in order to save them and I'm glad I finally manage to did it. I continue collecting because I'm interest in preservation. Maybe in the years that will follow, some museum or NGO will be interested in this subject. I consider this an art, after all these are made by people (artists) that cannot be replicated even digitally by hand again from scratch, once they are gone. I also love art and have talent in art, another reason why I see these artworks as profound history or culture of mankind and I'm not sure how many sees them this deep.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I could call myself and 47 the heads of the thread because of our continue dedication. Before us was Cuth & Omnibus.
I think there was at least 2 more people besides Cuth, Omnibus and us who've posted arts as freaquently as we all did, but they're gone now and it's just two of us left from the old days which is sad.

About the collection. Mine is a library the way you see a section in a library. They are well kept and copied for backup. The database is in TB now. I did invest some money in order to save them and I'm glad I finally manage to did it. I continue collecting because I'm interest in preservation. Maybe in the years that will follow, some museum or NGO will be interested in this subject. I consider this an art, after all these are made by people (artists) that cannot be replicated even digitally by hand again from scratch, once they are gone. I also love art and have talent in art, another reason why I see these artworks as profound history or culture of mankind and I'm not sure how many sees them this deep.
Pretty much this. But I think I've at least 3 TB worth of stuff,, all of which backed up of course cuz I've lost at least 2TB worth of stuff most of which I can't get anymore, can't restore and I'm not going to let that happen to me ever again so.... expensive NAS HDDs and multiple backups.

Last edited:

Darkcloud69

Neo Member
I consider this an art, after all these are made by people (artists) that cannot be replicated even digitally by hand again from scratch, once they are gone. I also love art and have talent in art, another reason why I see these artworks as profound history or culture of mankind and I'm not sure how many sees them this deep.
I agree 1000% with that vision, this work absolutely begs to be preserved properly, I'm very glad you folks are on it, and holy smokes in TBs? That is absolutely gold.
Is it allowed to openly talk about the "sources" you get the assets from?
I actually have access to most videogame press sites myself including g*******ss (I won't name it because I'm not sure if I should, you know about which one I'm talking about likely though) as well as the company specific domain ones, however I noticed at least a couple of artworks that I could not find on neither of these sources so I'm wondering; Could there be some other collective source I missed over the years?

I think there was at least 2 more people besides Cuth, Omnibus and us who've posted arts as freaquently as we all did, but they're gone now and it's just two of us left from the old days which is sad.
Yes, as I went through the whole 1st thread on the topic I did notice back in 2008 it used to be "organized" by other people, I'm sad to know they are no longer active though.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Is it allowed to openly talk about the "sources" you get the assets from?
Absolutely not. It is aslo not allowed to share original materials (PSD, PSB, TIFF) here ever.

I actually have access to most videogame press sites myself including g*******ss (I won't name it because I'm not sure if I should, you know about which one I'm talking about likely though) as well as the company specific domain ones, however I noticed at least a couple of artworks that I could not find on neither of these sources so I'm wondering; Could there be some other collective source I missed over the years?
I don't think you should mention stuff such as this here and openly, not a good move for many good (and not so much) reasons.

Last edited:

Darkcloud69

Neo Member
I don't think you should mention stuff such as this here and openly, not a good move for many good (and not so much) reasons.
My Apologies, I tried to edit out entirely that but apparently I can't anymore, luckily I censored beforehand my mention. I am also actually asking because from a professional point of view It would help me to know if there are others besides the ones I know about, after all there is nothing illegal/bad in accessing and using these files provided one has been granted permission to do so as long as (as you said) the original materials (PSB/PSD/TIFFs) are not shared.
So this is why I was asking, but as I suspected and then you confirmed we should not discuss this matter out here as some information can't be cited for reasons.

On a much needed lighter topic: Do you have a discord server dedicated/related to this thread specifically?

My Apologies, I tried to edit out entirely that but apparently I can't anymore, luckily I censored beforehand my mention. I am also actually asking because from a professional point of view It would help me to know if there are others besides the ones I know about, after all there is nothing illegal/bad in accessing and using these files provided one has been granted permission to do so as long as (as you said) the original materials (PSB/PSD/TIFFs) are not shared.
So this is why I was asking, but as I suspected and then you confirmed we should not discuss this matter out here as some information can't be cited for reasons.

On a much needed lighter topic: Do you have a discord server dedicated/related to this thread specifically?
Nothing stopping you from making one mate :) im sure plenty will join

Darkcloud69

Neo Member
Nothing stopping you from making one mate :) im sure plenty will join
I'd love to do that someday my man, unfortuantely for the time being I don't have much time on my hands but never say never.

Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven , sorry to mention you again, I was having a bit of doubts and was seeking some clarification, I noticed in some release posts you say 150-200 required posts while in others even up to 2k or in others 500-1000. What is the real number range, or does it change according to the release?

Darkcloud69

Neo Member
I'd love to do that someday my man, unfortuantely for the time being I don't have much time on my hands but never say never.

Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven , sorry to mention you again, I was having a bit of doubts and was seeking some clarification, I noticed in some release posts you say 150-200 required posts while in others even up to 2k or in others 500-1000. What is the real number range, or does it change according to the release?
Ok, so by reading some more backwards I answered my own question, wish I could avoid to double post but unfortunately it seems I can't edit posts after a certain amount of time.

-BLITZ-

Of course not, just here on GAF and this thread only and I think we don't need anything else. -BLITZ- -BLITZ-
You know that I work independent, more than I need.

This kind of work is done personally and being involved on online platforms, is not the way to go. It may sound old fashion and probably ridiculous, or even ignorant but there aren't enough people to form a collective group and I do not consider this to be the right time at this moment. Furthermore, I prefer to have contact each person individually and work with them with this approach, the same way they might want as well, for privacy purposes. Online platforms like discord will provide an open door to all personal details about that person over the other, knowing too much, too many, not to mention that everything that is discussed with links and sources remains there. This can make other persons that pretend to be some lovable gaming materialists, faking his purposes to get easily access to assets and if not, exclusive ones, which brings back the motive keep it personal.

I noticed at least a couple of artworks that I could not find on neither of these sources so I'm wondering; Could there be some other collective source I missed over the years?

There is no collective source. My posts are strictly involved by my time spent on searching them. Some searches required brain (no kidding here), and deep analyze through various modalities of searching to know where to find to get what I want.

In order to further clarify 47's post. The thread purpose with the title included is about sharing hi-end JPG / PNG artwork images of video games. Original files, formats, don't have anything to do with the purpose of this thread. It is a subtle observation. :lollipop_smirking:

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
This kind of work is done personally and being involved on online platforms, is not the way to go. It may sound old fashion and probably ridiculous, or even ignorant but there aren't enough people to form a collective group and I do not consider this to be the right time at this moment. Furthermore, I prefer to have contact each person individually and work with them with this approach, the same way they might want as well, for privacy purposes. Online platforms like discord will provide an open door to all personal details about that person over the other, knowing too much, too many, not to mention that everything that is discussed with links and sources remains there. This can make other persons that pretend to be some lovable gaming materialists, faking his purposes to get easily access to assets and if not, exclusive ones, which brings back the motive keep it personal.
I 100% agree with this.

-BLITZ-

Please, edit your post. You are giving way sensitive data, e-mail, phone number and getting involved into personal matter with other people by posting it online. Is like I wrote for nothing during these days how this thread runs.

Also, I'm not sure why would you go people and just ask for things, I'm not sure that is ethical. Furthermore you just gave yourself away, by posting this image and now that person knows what you wanted to do with those arts, by publishing them here. This is not acceptable in this thread. This is like lying and below professionalism.

Last edited:

greencoder

His contacts are on his site. And I didn't tell him about what I'm gonna do with those, so it's not lying. I asked for the ways to get the artworks, maybe buy them, because I can't find any of theese in the internet. Sorry for the post though, can't delete it now.

Last edited:

greencoder

Can you guys please repost old artworks? Because mediafire links of Child of Light, Catherine and other games are not working now.

greencoder

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition

-> 8360 x 5672 / PNG

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics

-> 9975 x 9975 / PNG

Hollow Knight: Silksong

-> 2400 x 1350 / PNG

Empire of Sin

-> 2400 x 1350 / JPG
-> 7546 x 1104 / PNG

Contra: Rogue Corps

-> 2400 x 1350 / PNG
-> 2300 x 1453 / PNG

greencoder

Destroy All Humans!

-> 1500 x 2080 / PNG / 300 DPI / Source - EPS

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

-> 8308 x 8995 / JPG / 72 DPI

The Elder Scrolls: Blades

-> 10667 x 6000 / JPG

RAD

-> 10000 x 10000 / JPG / 300 DPI
-> 7680 x 4320 / PNG / 144 DPI

-BLITZ-

Can you guys please repost old artworks? Because mediafire links of Child of Light, Catherine and other games are not working now.

Yes. The links are dead, some accounts were lost over the last few years. I didn't had the time to maintain my accounts with such massive data because I had to focus over my personal time on my daily life.
Like I said before, I will upload only requests with titles that are needed. I'm not going to upload a list of games just to be here present. Not anymore.
Ahm. I need to find some time during these coming days to update the summary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom