• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog.fr: PS4 Neo to be announced on September 7 in New York

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
'TECHNICAL SHOWCASE'
This makes it sound like PS4Neo specific software. Games created first and foremost for Neo. then converted to run on PS4. This sounds good.

*prays Gran Turismo: Sport will also feature*

Or, it sounds like games created for PS4 and then up ported to a significant degree, like GT4 running at 1080p on early PS3 hardware

sviri

I have an aftermarket (larger) HDD in my PS4 and I'm really hoping I can just swap that same drive into the Neo, without moving/re-downloading anything.

I believe it's rumored to use the same OS, so I just backed up my game saves/videos/pics to a flash drive before I sold my PS4 last week. I'm betting that I'll be able to reintegrate these on day 1.

Astral Dog

I wouldn't expect the upgrade to happen, especially now since the september event is basically confirmed.

The upgrades would've only happened if they were going for a Q1 release, but them holding the event in september means it's releasing this year.

As for the specs of the rumored upgrade, the console would've been coming in at 5.5TF if the upgrades were done. Whereas as the leaked specs from the document have the console at 4.2TF.Extremely likely imo. I expect $399 for neo, and the regular ps4 dropping to $299.

My guts tell me that PS4 will have a price cut, and NEO will be priced similar to the PS4 when it was first revealed
Sounds good glad i waited now 😉

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have an aftermarket (larger) HDD in my PS4 and I'm really hoping I can just swap that same drive into the Neo, without moving/re-downloading anything.

that won't work. you'll have to back up, wipe the drive, and then restore

Unless they do this, like they did with the PS3.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/transferutility.html

You can now transfer (copy or move) data that is saved in the system storage of one PS3™ system to the system storage of another PS3™ system using an Ethernet cable.

Software 4.0 feature maybe? Or at least 4.2 ;)

B_Boss

I cannot wait. Thanks to this console I'll have to pass on that sweet and most beautiful Super Famicom 3ds...I'm also hoping that Sony 'elite-like- controller will be launched with it...though I'm slightly doubtful.

onQ123

Yes, the exterior housing of the console will be 14nm smaller than that of the standard PS4.

yeah-okay.gif

I wouldn't expect the upgrade to happen, especially now since the september event is basically confirmed.

The upgrades would've only happened if they were going for a Q1 release, but them holding the event in september means it's releasing this year.

As for the specs of the rumored upgrade, the console would've been coming in at 5.5TF if the upgrades were done. Whereas as the leaked specs from the document have the console at 4.2TF.Extremely likely imo. I expect $399 for neo, and the regular ps4 dropping to $299.
I could only pray for the 5.5TF machine to become a reality. It would be nothing short of a miracle but i swear i remember it like it was today when we were all in the unveil thread and Mark Cerny announced that instead of 4gb it would come with 8gb. I could only hope that lightning strikes twice again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
yeah still gonna be a long process though, won't be able to just pop out your HD and put it in the new PS4

Definitely, but far easier than having to have an extra external drive, etc.

I never back up the games except P.T. anyhow when upgrading the HDD. Takes too long.

cooldawn

I took that as just saying that they'll show off what the NEO can actually offer over the regular PS4. They need some kind of showcase to tell us why we should bother buying the thing. I highly doubt they'll create games for NEO first when the PS4 has the larger market share.

Or, it sounds like games created for PS4 and then up ported to a significant degree, like GT4 running at 1080p on early PS3 hardware
Yeah, it could well be that...I mean that would fit what Sony are trying to communicate.

Maybe it's just me but I don't feel comfortable with the phrase 'technical showcase' referring to PS4 software upgraded to PS4Neo. To me it suggests software engineered to PS4Neo spec and downscaled to PS4...so we'll get an even better idea of what the system is really capable of.

Sony are really good at doing that. Surely it's just as easy to target a PS4Neo and downscale to PS4 than it is to target a PS4 and upscale to PS4Neo?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I thought that a GAF insider (OsirisBlack?) said there were always two versions under consideration and being developed and the leaked documents were from April. It sounded to me like either version could enter the market and neither was ahead or behind the other in terms of development. That said, I personally expect the 4TF model rather than the 5TF one releasing, given that it seemed like the 5TF model would have to launch above $400.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Guymelef said:
But this is like saying that PS VR games will look better on Neo, and it's the same for any game, if not, what's the Neo point?
I think it's more of the same "Neo exists because PS4 can't do VR" meme - ie. arguments about E3 software not running on PS4s - then again people claimed that for all software shown at e3, so I guess the meme is actually... PS4 can't do... PS4 games?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Y'all clamoring for 60fps Bloodborne here but what I wanna see is Bloodborne 2.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The announcement will feature, price, technical specifications, release date.

399$, hardware will be the same as leaked spec, and release before november.

The showcase will feature upports of games in development as well as the proposed media features.

Those are my predictions

It doesn't seem obvious to me. I'm expecting $499, $449 minimum.

That doesn't make sense to me. The answer to the success of PS4's mass market price point is Xbox One's price?

The depreciation in PS4's base price scales linearly with NEO's semi upgraded components in my view.

I don't think their plans for the presentation are gonna be any different than it was from before ms announced the scorpio so far in advance, aside from maybe avoiding mentioning how many TFlops the neo is.

Not sure how you avoid such an important number in a tech showcase. It will come out regardless.

Trago

I'm expecting $399 with 500GB, 4K BD, 4K streaming, etc.

I think they'll pitch this to those who want a 4K blu ray player and to those who want a graphics upgrade.

I'm interested to see what titles from first party they'll show off. Those developers working with 4TF of power has me dying of thirst.

Gitaroo

uncharted 4 2x1080p checker board style rendering is almost guarantee.... would rather have a U4 with improved graphics though... like physics based particles, destruction and tesselation on the environment. GCN 1.1 is suppose to be much more efficeient at doing tesselation.

- $399
- 500gb
- small physical design tweaks
- no changes to USB ports
- no wifi changes

thats my guess

my guess too, but really hoping for wifi update and 1080p remote play and sata III, but that probably wont be mentioned

Kind of thinking about selling my Wii U with 3 games and my PS4, and using the combined money to get a Neo. I kind of want to wait until the Neo is announced but then there's the chance the PS4s value will go down.

Hmm I don't know.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
uncharted 4 2x1080p checker board style rendering is almost guarantee.... would rather have a U4 with improved graphics though... like physics based particles, destruction and tesselation on the environment. GCN 1.1 is suppose to be much more efficeient at doing tesselation.
I'm hoping there's enough grunt left over from the reconstruction to improve motion blur, shadows, and gameplay character shaders.

goonergaz

That doesn't make sense to me. The answer to the success of PS4's mass market price point is Xbox One's price?

The depreciation in PS4's base price scales linearly with NEO's semi upgraded components in my view.

I think you have to consider Xbox One S is $400 so why would Sony release a console ~3x the power at the same price?

bitbydeath

- $450
- 2TB
- small physical design tweaks
- no changes to USB ports
- wifi changes
- 1080p streaming

thats my guess

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I think you have to consider Xbox One S is $400 so why would Sony release a console ~3x the power at the same price?

Because a few years ago Sony released a console 33% more powerful than Microsoft for $100 cheaper.

Sony has some of the best hardware engineers in the business.

The announcement will feature, price, technical specifications, release date.

399$, hardware will be the same as leaked spec, and release before november.

The showcase will feature upports of games in development as well as the proposed media features.

Those are my predictions

I don't think the specs will be the same. I think they will be somewhat improved, but in what manner I don't know. Neo is not a mass market product. The base PS4 is going to remain the best-seller BY FAR for a long te so I don't think Neo needs to hit mass market price right away. Sony doesn't care which one you buy.

Price it higher now, then drop it Fall 2017...

If it $399 same specs I'm gonna be disappointed. I want that red pill. I'm gonna buy it either way though unless the technical showcase is a complete dud. Must play those exclusives in the best way possible.

Peltz

Arrogant prick? I'd love to see how you would react if people shit on what you do all the time all the while spewing fake information about what you do.

People keep refering to stuff that predates my arrival at Gameblog more than two years ago as proof that the site is unreliable. Over the years, and when it comes to "scoops" (and not "reports"), Gameblog has been more right than wrong.

And why don't you quote our long interviews with people from the industry like Phil Spencer, Shuhei Yoshida, Hideo Kojima, Patrice Désilets and so on? Are those shit as well?

You have to stop reacting to haters. It's unprofessional and you're not going to convince them.

Gitaroo

I'm hoping there's enough grunt left over from the reconstruction to improve motion blur, shadows, and gameplay character shaders.
shadow need to upgrade for sure, but that require cpu resources which the neo didn't really get a big bump in unlike the GPU. Higher AF should be possible due to increase in bandwith, motion blur it pretty good for me already, the artifacts comes from the TAA I think, the game needs to runs at 60fps to eliminate all the artifacts. cut scene character models is probably doable but kind of pointless if you ask me since how often do you even zoom so close to the char in gameplay, might as well use the extra CU for physics based calculation and tessellation, put those extra CU into good use.

Top Bottom