• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameCube Adapter, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth and Villager Amiibo aren't discontinued

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
A word from Nintendo Worker

B4S2H8ZIgAEYJYS.png:large

Also GAFfers reported that Nintendo implied that they are going to send more GameCube Adapters along with Wave 2 shipments.

Edited: Silly me, I thought I made a new thread but I accidentally posted it in other thread.

The Lamp

This doesn't confirm the GameCube adapter situation. I don't care about plastic figures, I want GameCube adapters :(

Usobuko

Banned
Make the other amiibo not retailer exclusive, put them on amazon and I'm back. I'll buy the whole thing.

This was a nice confirmation anyway.

Kriken

Oh thank God, got passed when I missed out on a Marth Amiibo. I can patiently wait for a restock
For now...

Exactly what I thought. Nintendo turning down money to create some sort of false-demand doesn't make sense. Too bad for those who stocked up on WFT and Villager but eh that's the price of a gamble.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This doesn't confirm the GameCube adapter situation. I don't care about plastic figures, I want GameCube adapters :(

Good news, hope the gamecube adapter thing is real too, not a direct confirmation of that

Well, someone mentioned it in other thread but I couldn't find the quote and thread itself. I should have subbed that thread. Nintendo Representative said that they are shipping more adapters along with wave 2 according to other post.

mdubs

Banned
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Until I receive some official word about restocks from Nintendo I'm more inclined to trust what a supplier (Solutions2Go) is saying over what a random customer service agents is saying. Notice what he is saying is technically correct - they haven't "officially" be discontinued yet but in practice sadly they probably are.

IcyStorm

Until I receive some official word about restocks from Nintendo I'm more inclined to trust what a supplier (Solutions2Go) is saying over what a random customer service agents is saying. Notice what he is saying is technically correct - they haven't "officially" be discontinued yet but in practice sadly they probably are.

I don't think he's a random customer agent... there's a David Young at NOA who is an assistant manager in PR.

Edit: Yeah I'm guessing he's this guy so I want to believe him. http://media.nintendo.com/pressroom/E32013/bios/Bios_E313_DavidYoung.pdf

I've talked to Ninendo of America customer service twice in the past 9 days. Their responses were the same each time. They're making them, but they're selling fast. Even when I told them that no local stores (best buy, target, gamestop (like 5 of them)) have gotten any since the initial shipment he basically ignored me.

It's frustrating.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

David Young has worked at Nintendo for over 24 years, so I'll take his word seriously.

Fuck you nintendo, you mean I drove to walmart gamestop and best buy and bought 15 villager figures for nothing?

I didn't really do this

I returned my Smash logo GC controller I have been sitting on. I was talking to the Best Buy CS person and they understood. They said they have no expectation of getting more. I am going with the PDP fighter controller that plugs into the Wii Mote. I picked up Yoshi but I am having a hard time finding Princess or Mario.

illadelph

It'd be nice for them to make an official statement, right now we're going by a supposed screenshot of a phone's e-mail app

Another thing: if retailers don't want to take the chance of stocking shit in their stores, so be it, but I should be able to order the product right from Nintendo if that's the case

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Anyway, people shouldn't stop looking for amiibo that they need for their collection. Keep checking the stores daily on websites. That's how I found few of my Amiibo.

Fuck you nintendo, you mean I drove to walmart gamestop and best buy and bought 15 villager figures for nothing?

I didn't really do this

Since people know that the stuffs didn't discontinued so I wonder if that guy would able to sell 10 marth amiibo?

ZeroGravity

Still not buying it. Just a quick look at Amazon and I don't think it's a coincidence that those three amiibo are the only ones that are entirely sold out. If they were selling that fast, surely at least one of the other models would be sold out too. But it's just those three.

Mistle

Awesome. I bought them all, but to keep. I'm glad everyone can eventually get one. Plus, it makes me less frustrated about future wave availability, though I'll still preorder.

Sakujou

Banned
prices for the gc adapter are skyhigh these days.

its around 50-70 euros these days on ebay.

amazon even dared to cancel my smash+gc bundle. had to aquire them separately for more bucks.

Top Bottom