• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameCube Multiplayer Essentials - Suggestions?

atomsk

Party Pooper
DAMM is a lot better if you activate the 'all objects throwable' code...

then it becomes a big building tossing game. lots of fun

Kuramu

the only good thing IMO about Monkey Target 2 was the fact that you could knock other people off the scoreboard. then again, it's kinda cheap too. anyway, the second one had no longevity amoung my friends. we still play MT1 though. best game this gen, and it's a mini game

Kuramu said:
I can see why you'd think that, but it's actually part of why it's so much better than MT2
Once you get to the point where you're trying to land a 5000 x 3 into a slight wind and you've got 3 other guys telling you how badly you're going to fuck up.... yeah, it's a skill ignoring the shit talking when all eyes are on you, and elation if you pull it off

i'd also like to add that it's no different in that respect to Mario Golf.... taking turns i mean. And that sure doesn't stop the game from being multi0player crack

I'm definitely with you on this. Turn-taking party games rule. I love a good 4-player brawler as much as anyone, but there's something to be said for the tension of trying to one-up each other one at a time. Target 2 ended up being no fun at all to me because nobody playing gets to observe the subtle nuances of the other players' turns, since they're so worried about watching their own. Sure you can interact in kinda funny ways sometimes, like both swooping down at once to try to grab a bunch of bananas, but I prefer the slow, deliberate and tense version overall. Like you say, it encourages conversation and actual real-life interaction, and nothing feels better than a solo landing on the 'little nub' in front of 3 jeering and/or cheering friends. You just don't get any of that in Target 2, or in most other (non-Golf and/or FROLF) party games.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"Since it makes more sense to set up a ton of wires while you are on a giant campus and can usually find 3 other people to play any time of night...."

Okay, let me get this straight...yo've got to be in college and find other people to play with. Yeah, real great. :rolleyes

Online gaming is the future of multplayer. Just because Nintendo is too arrogant to realize this won't change a thing.

Games like Warcraft 3, you hit a search button, and in 20 seconds your in a game lag free without splitting the screen.

GameCube Multiplayer Essentials - Suggestions?

lol_2.gif
lol_2.gif
lol_2.gif

Funniest thing I've read all day.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
HalfPastNoon said:
lol_2.gif
lol_2.gif
lol_2.gif

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Why do you even bother posting? You add nothing to any conversation, and you're not funny (not even in a "laugh at the retard" sort of way).

Penguin

teh_pwn said:
"Since it makes more sense to set up a ton of wires while you are on a giant campus and can usually find 3 other people to play any time of night...."

Okay, let me get this straight...yo've got to be in college and find other people to play with. Yeah, real great. :rolleyes

Online gaming is the future of multplayer. Just because Nintendo is too arrogant to realize this won't change a thing.

Games like Warcraft 3, you hit a search button, and in 20 seconds your in a game lag free without splitting the screen.

Well, I was referring to the topic starter, he wants to know good game for college.. so yeah.. it works...

And I'm till not keen on line, I would much rather play people I know, not a bunch of words...

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
1. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
2. Wario Ware: Mega Party Games
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash

Kuramu

bobbyconover said:
I'm definitely with you on this. Turn-taking party games rule. I love a good 4-player brawler as much as anyone, but there's something to be said for the tension of trying to one-up each other one at a time. Target 2 ended up being no fun at all to me because nobody playing gets to observe the subtle nuances of the other players' turns, since they're so worried about watching their own. Sure you can interact in kinda funny ways sometimes, like both swooping down at once to try to grab a bunch of bananas, but I prefer the slow, deliberate and tense version overall. Like you say, it encourages conversation and actual real-life interaction, and nothing feels better than a solo landing on the 'little nub' in front of 3 jeering and/or cheering friends. You just don't get any of that in Target 2, or in most other (non-Golf and/or FROLF) party games.

yes, everything you just said. Even if it's not your turn, it isn't boring, because you try to come up with interesting new ways to distract the active player.

"Hey James, tell me about that girl who broke up with you recently."

then watch him struggle. Yes, much more interaction, more stress, more spotlight, more fun

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
teh_pwn said:
"

It's part of the future of multiplayer. Nintendo isn't to arrogant, they won't do it until they can figure out the means to profit from it.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
HalfPastNoon said:
Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry.
I rarely post in the Gaming forum, because I don't really give a shit (I'll try a game if it looks fun, and I'll keep playing if it is. Other people's opinion about games don't matter to me, unless we have shared the same tastes in the past.), so you didn't really hurt my feelings.

The guy asked a question about what games/accesories to buy for multiplayer gaming on the GC, if that's the funniest thing you've heard all day, you must be even more sad than you let on.

The GC has a many great Multiplayer games. Mario Party, and Monkey Ball are great options like everybody mentioned, but Animal Crossing also works well when played with multiple people.

Shoryuken

Gunsmoke said:
I thought it was funny.

sactown smitten by the lonestar avatar. ~

How suprising a dumb troll is found to be funny by a dumb troll. I'd think if someone would troll Nintendo that at least they could do it right. Sure you can point to the GC's slowing sales and it's lack of substantial western 3rd party support, but one thing the GC has in spades is excellent multiplayer games.

Memles

Picked up SMB1 for $20 Canadian...at a Music Store. However, had absolutely no kind of luck in finding anything else worthwhile...too cheap to pick up Pac-Man World 2/Vs., and Bomberman Generations was found nowhere...Jetters was available, though. Any big difference in Multiplayer between the two titles? A good thing to know if I find a copy of either cheaper in the future. Just wondering.

Top Bottom