• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly: Game & Wario dated for June 30th in NA

Wow they're really not planning on releasing any games during the next two months?

Well, Nintendo didn't release any 1st-party games in December, January, OR February.

What's another couple of months?

(We'll probably get Pokemon Scramble U on the eShop :p)

Pyrokai

Still feeling dat marketing and release blitz from June to Christmas. I'm calling it now! One major Nintendo published game per month.

And Pikmin/Wonderful 101 remain nowhere to be found.

At the VERY EARLIEST they'll be here in May. It's too deep in April for them to release in the next 20 days.

But there's no way they're coming before Game & Wario, so if this is legit, they'll be a couple of months post-E3.

serplux

Sucks for us launch owners, but makes sense for Nintendo. Write off the first half of the year as a loss and have a strong, consistent release schedule for the rest of the year.

Ugh, great. We get to sit through trailers of this, and probably Pikmin 3 and Wonderful101 at E3 again.

Bah Humbug.

Zelda 3DS trailer
Pikmin 3 trailer
Wii Fit U trailer
Wonderful 101 trailer
Pokemon X/Y trailer
Wii Sports U trailer
Wii Party U trailer
Game & Wario trailer
Mario Kart U trailer
Smash Bros. Wii U trailer
3D Mario Wii U trailer

That's Nintendo's E3, folks. :p

Anth0ny

I was expecting G&W this month or early May at the very latest, making way for Pikmin or Wonderful 101 in June.

Fucking late June for G&W? Christ.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I said we weren't going to get a Q2 game unless we heard about it on Tuesday (today) and that it'll be for June. And here we are!

Here's your one Q2 game WiiU owners. Since Game & Wario shouldn't have a long localization, Nintendo must be purposely holding back the games for later. The WiiU is effectively in a coma till E3.

If a finished game is coming out in late June when is Pikmin or TW101 going to come out? Nintendo surely cannot be that stupid and release them in August or later?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
My guess:

May: Pikimin 3
June: Wii Fit U, Game and Wario
July: Wii Party U
August: Wonderful 101

That is me being optimistic....

Somnid

What if they are taking the time to make changes to the game, maybe add some more content?

Or not.

Not this game but Pikmin and Wii Fit U are likely seeing changes. G&W is a seat filler game.

Sucks for us launch owners, but makes sense for Nintendo. Write off the first half of the year as a loss and have a strong, consistent release schedule for the rest of the year.

So if this is correct then a possible schedule would look like:

June: Game and Wario
July: Wonderful 101
August: Wii Fit U
September: Wii U Party
October: Yarn Yoshi
November: 3D Mario, Windwaker HD
December: Mario Kart

Yeah...something probably just got bumped to next year.

My guess:

My guess:

July:
August: Pikmin 3
September: Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U
October: Wii Party U, Wind Waker HD
November: 3D Mario, Mario Kart U
December:

CronoShot

I have this sinking feeling they have jack shit for the rest of the year, and are desperately trying to spread out G&W, Pikmin 3, W101, and Wind Waker HD as much as possible.

G&W in June, W101 in August, Pikmin 3 in October or November, and Wind Waker HD in December.

You'd think they'd want to keep a consistent stream of releases going after launching Lego City at the end of March, but I guess they believe literally releasing nothing is a viable strategy for a struggling console.

Iacobellis

Not this game but Pikmin and Wii Fit U are likely seeing changes. G&W is a seat filler game.

So if this is correct then a possible schedule would look like:

July: Wonderful 101
August: Wii Fit U
September: Wii U Party
October: Yarn Yoshi
November: 3D Mario, Windwaker HD
December: Mario Kart

Yeah...something probably just got bumped to next year.

NO! NO! NO! NOT PIKMIN 3!

That's...late. Guess Europe is even later.

I somehow have my doubts about that. Not that I'm complaining though - I already have quite the backlog on this thing.

Zelda 3DS trailer
Pikmin 3 trailer
Wii Fit U trailer
Wonderful 101 trailer
Pokemon X/Y trailer
Wii Sports U trailer
Wii Party U trailer
Game & Wario trailer
Smash Bros. Wii U trailer
3D Mario Wii U trailer

That's Nintendo's E3, folks. :p
Sounds about right.

I don't mind a delay for Pikmin 3 if they try to beef up the graphics more, why are they taking so long?

And those screens we saw with the snow level and the captains looked awful. :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If a finished game is coming out in late June when is Pikmin or TW101 going to come out? Nintendo surely cannot be that stupid and release them in August or later?

Of course they are. Nothing Nintendo does is going to save the WiiU for the next few months. So they're making the strategically choice of abandoning it till E3 when they can (try to) remarket the WiiU.

My guess:

We would have heard about any May games by now if they existed. And there is no reason to expect anything to release before Game & Wario (otherwise we'd be getting that earlier). Therefore, don't expect anything but Game & Wario in Q2.

Maybe Wii Fit U, but July is a good guess for that too.

Sendou

You'd think they'd want to keep a consistent stream of releases going after launching Lego City at the end of March, but I guess they believe literally releasing nothing is a viable strategy for a struggling console.

Do not forget the Virtual Console launching on Wii U this month. Week after week they will pour out their catalogue one by one starting from the worst. Can't wait.

Neifirst

I would be more annoyed by the delays, but honestly, between Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, and LEGO City Undercover, I've got enough to keep me busy for awhile.

Top Bottom