• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse retail coming to NA via Maximum Games?

JP box:

585592_front.jpg

http://m.gamefly.com/game/Shantae-and-the-Pirates-Curse/5011564

NOTE: Steamworld Collection for Wii U is up and also lists Maximum Games, despite being announced that Rising Star is publishing it in NA, so MAYBE Rising Star is actually doing Shantae as well?

What is also interesting is that Rising Star also brought over Intergrow's Sadame on 3DS eShop to NA, so this might be a link and more evidence towards it actually being Rising Star.

Shantae is scheduled for September 20th it seems.

Is there a link between Rising Star and Maximum Games, or is it just a funny coincidence that Maximum is listed as the publisher?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

salromano

Is there a link between Rising Star and Maximum Games, or is it just a funny coincidence that Maximum is listed as the publisher?

Could just be a distribution thing. Maximum Games distributes/distributed some Focus Home Interactive-published stuff in the US. Focus Home is a mainly Euro publisher, just like Rising Star.

Anyway, that seems to be the case here. GameFly also has up listings for:

Lumo - https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Lumo/5011563
Earth's Dawn - https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Earth%27s-Dawn/5011562

Both of which were previously announced by Rising Star, and were confirmed for physical releases on PS4 in their announces. Maximum Games is listed as publisher.

Also, there's a Steamworld Collection listing for PS4/Wii U, but I think people have already discovered that one: https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Steamworld-Collection/5011565

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

@MUWANdo

Banned

Official. RSG and with a new minigame called "Super Shantae Nab!!" and maybe other stuff?

AWESOME!

PR: http://www.risingstargames.com/eu/b...form-adventure-shantae-and-the-pirates-curse/

Aww, just for 3DS? Got the Wii U version in the Humble Bundle and liked it a lot. Would've gladly double-dipped on that.

Then again I suppose that'd make it slightly more novel for me. I'd probably get Half-Genie Hero first if I had to choose, but still, it's really cool that this is happening.

@MUWANdo

Banned

Shiggy

Any idea whether the additional content will come to the eShop version as DLC? Or is it just that arcade game?

@MUWANdo

Banned
So it's out but I cannot find any information on the added content. Does anyone have more info?

It's a little arcade game you play on a machine in one of the stores in the main village. It's a single-screen game that uses sprites from the GBC game and it has, like, sub-Flappy Bird levels of depth. It's not an experience that warrants a second purchase of the game.

Shiggy

It's a little arcade game you play on a machine in one of the stores in the main village. It's a single-screen game that uses sprites from the GBC game and it has, like, sub-Flappy Bird levels of depth. It's not an experience that warrants a second purchase of the game.

Thanks for the update!

Top Bottom