• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer March Cover: God of War 3

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, I know it was already mentioned in the Jaffe thread.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200902/N09.0206.1446.04721.htm

If you don’t know who Kratos is by now, you better take a look at your gaming priorities. The brutal star of the God of War series is back and on the PlayStation 3. Game Informer subscribers are in for one epic read as our favorite slayer of the gods finishes off what he started in the final installment of the trilogy. We’ve got ten pages of exclusive info, gorgeous art and eye-popping screenshots for in store for readers. But that’s not the only thing in the new issue - Resident Evil 5, GTA IV: The Lost & Damned, I am Alive, Prototype and Brutal Legend also make appearances. We’ve also dived into the world of 3D gaming and take a look at how video game credits have evolved. So check your mailboxes, run to the local newspaper stand or close your eyes really, really hard (pro tip: this wont work) for the new issue of Game Informer Magazine!

gi_191.jpg

thaOwner

looks just like art.....oh wait.

Hope there are some screens in there and not from an old build but rather a new one or the latest build.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
This week is/was the secret God of War 3 event that the press were invited to show off how far it is in development.

Cyberia

Pretty sweet, eh? Game Informer's next issue has God of War III as its cover star. But there's more news for God of War fans: Next Friday (Feb 13th) is when God of War III will be revealed for the first time. You'll be able to check back here at 9:00 am PST on that Friday for all the details and screens.

Actually, though, fans of the God of War series may want to check 1UP even earlier in the week for something else special...

In any case, next week should be pretty exciting. Matt Leone can hardly contain himself -- on Monday he heads down to Sony's Santa Monica studio to see God of War III so he can tell you all about it come Friday.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172668

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Can.

Not.

Freaking.

Wait.

This will be the first GoOW GOW game I play new (I played both GoOW GOW 1&2 a few months ago). The first two were really something special as far as I'm concerned. The sheer spectacle and sense of journey are what really make them so great.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Schrade said:
What in the fuck are you doing with this...?
"go" are the first two letters of the word "god", you see

Rez>You said:
Can.

Not.

Freaking.

Wait.

This will be the first GoOW game I play new (I played both GoOW 1&2 a few months ago). The first two were really something special as far as I'm concerned. The sheer spectacle and sense of journey are what really make them so great.

GoW. It's fucking GoW. Gears of War is GeOW. Get your abbreviations right, or I kill you. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Schrade said:
Yeah but what on earth would you need to use the second letter of god for?
because there is another, rather prolific, game that shares the same acronym.

I'm sorry, did I say something offensive?

edit: wow. GOW it is then, Jesus.

-viper-

Banned
That cover looks awesome. Cannot wait to see the screenshots of the game.

also I'm interested to see that 'I Am Alive' will be making an appearance in the mag. Hmm...

slider

I prefer GoW and GoW. Makes things interesting. Cos then people (none here) can have ridiculous conversations...

No way dood... GoW kicks GoW ass
Wait, wut?

Anyway, on topic. I have a pretty tough job and my tiny mind is active all day. I don't ever want to get into the situation of (over) analysing games.

But GoW(!) suits that mindset perfectly cos I found it to be soooo visceral and just an all round blast. Shit, I even loved the melodrama in the story from the first GoW(!). I mean everyone's got a dark side and Kratos played to that perfectly.

Word.

Ydahs

This will be my first GoOW game, but I'll probably eventually cave in and buy either GoOW 1 or GoOW 2. Well, if I ever get a PSP I'll get GoOW for that too!

Anyway, I'm really excited for this!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so that was what David Jaffe saw ...a magazine cover .

Ydahs said:
This will be my first GoOW game, but I'll probably eventually cave in and buy either GoOW 1 or GoOW 2. Well, if I ever get a PSP I'll get GoOW for that too!

Anyway, I'm really excited for this!

fucking hell , this is legendary ridiculous

it's GOW , God OF Was was there before Gears of War , simple and fucking clear, Gears of Was can fuck it self with only "Gears" for short , and God of War is GOW .

what next we will start write Metal Gear solid series as MeGE or something stupid because Microsoft Games Studio is the new and only MGS ?

First come, first served .

Ydahs

Totobeni said:
so that was what David Jaffe saw ...a magazine cover .

fucking hell , this is legendary ridiculous

it's GOW , God OF Was was there before Gears of War , simple and fucking clear, Gears of Was can fuck it self with only "Gears" for short , and God of War is GOW .

what next we will start write Metal Gear solid series as MeGE or something stupid because Microsoft Games Studio is the new and only MGS ?

First come, first served .
I should've made it less obvious.

Top Bottom