• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameinformer: Why Guerrilla Needed Horizon Zero Dawn To Be An RPG

They said at E3 (I think it was a gamespot interview, but I'm too lazy to search right now) that when you go to an area underleveled, you'll be destroyed and that the game doesn't scale with your level.
I wonder if there's actually stat like STR, VIT, etc. Or it's all equipment based. So it's not that you raise your defense by levelling up, but more like you buy/craft new armor and weapon for better attack and defense stat.

Luigiv

I wonder if there's actually stat like STR, VIT, etc. Or it's all equipment based. So it's not that you raise your defense by levelling up, but more like you buy/craft new armor and weapon for better attack and defense stat.

Aloy does level up with xp, so it doesn't look like they're pulling a monster hunter. That said, we still don't know how levelling up actually effects her stats yet.

Zakalwe

Banned
Lots of promise here, but the last KZ was mediocre and I'm getting the same bad feeling about the open world style as others here.

Second Son is one of the dullest games I've played this gen. I really hope this doesn't follow that in terms gf systems and layout.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Lots of promise here, but the last KZ was mediocre and I'm getting the same bad feeling about the open world style as others here.

Second Son is one of the dullest games I've played this gen. I really hope this doesn't follow that in terms gf systems and layout.

This looks far more like the Witcher than Second Son.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Thankfully this looks nothing like Second Son, if anything, I hope they go all the way with the Far Cry influence, emergent gameplay should include more than just the player interacting with the enemies, enemies should react to each other, there should be humans roaming around, (outside of quest givers in scripted segments), etc. those things make the world feel lived in.

Nose Master

Genre fighting is stupid, everything is a brown mush of 7 different genres. That said, technically this is an RPG, but it not what you would use to describe it in casual conversation. You'd say open world character action.

Looks good, tho. Open world games are tricky to get right. Hoping it lives up to the hype and isn't another shadows of mordor.

Top Bottom