• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamekult Awards: Wii U wins console of the year and top 3 GOTY, a first time ever

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
http://www.gamekult.com/actu/gamekult-awards-2014-les-resultats-A141763.html
bOglxcY.jpg

PC wins overall system of the year, Wii U lands at the second place.

Voters were the Gamekult audience and it's the first time Nintendo does this well on this site (with another award: Editor of the year, and another one: Indie game othe year with Shovel Knight).

Wii U: selling bad, the best way it can.

No shit it won Best Console of the Year. It had fucking Mario Kart and Smash Bros, which weren't as disappointing as their 3D Mario release last year and on the contrary, were actually excellent games.

PS4 had what? Two last-gen up res ports (three if you count Tomb Raider) and Destiny. I didn't touch my 3DS outside Smash and Pokemon.

fhqwhgads

Pretty impressive stuff there. Great to see Tropical Freeze and Danganronpa getting some recognition. Weird to see Last of Us there, but if that means Rayman Legends gets to be on the list too then that's cool.

Eolz

It actually didn't win console of the year.
Pc won best playform of the year, but nintendo won by a big margin best publisher.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant hate on polished quality titles - sometimes less is more.

Skyzard

Banned
A little surprising tbh, though WiiU has had some fun titles this year.

Wolfenstein no where to be seen, same with FC4. Bit disappointed with that.

Cool that wasteland 2 did so well.

I'd have thought AC:U was higher, but I never played the console version.

They just got rayman legends? :S

No shit it won Best Console of the Year. It had fucking Mario Kart and Smash Bros, which weren't as disappointing as their 3D Mario release last year and on the contrary, were actually excellent games.

PS4 had what? Two last-gen up res ports (three if you count Tomb Raider) and Destiny. I didn't touch my 3DS outside Smash and Pokemon.

You're a funny man.

You could argue the WiiU just had a sequel to a failed game, a bunch of crap ports, a set of exclussives even Nintendo fans didn't want, and 2 super popular franchises that just rehashed the same stuff as every other game in their series, just in HD.

Maybe just be happy that it's a result with a worthy winner, and not shit on other people's taste.

DoubleYou

796.gif

Frodo

The top 4 is also my top 4 GOTY, just not necessarily in that order. If we can count ports, you are welcome to include the original Bayonetta tt complete my top 5.

2014 was a slow, but overall great year to be a Wii U owner. It is my most used console by far, and has postponed me from buying a PS4/X1 more than a few times. Now with Smash and the recent revival of Mario Kart 8 with the great piece of DLC I guess I'm fine with it being my only console this current generation for a few more months (not to mention I'm still replaying Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2. Gotta get those Platinums).

The French know what's good shit. I have the same top 3, only MK8 takes 2nd while Bayonetta 2 takes 3rd. 1st is definitely Super Smash Bros Wii U. Nothing comes close.

Top Bottom