• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamekult editor on graphical differences between the Zelda Switch/Wii U version

arlucool

At this point I don't know if I'm more upset about wiiu getting gimped or switch can't even run a wiiu game at 900p30fps...
I don't think is a matter of Switch can't run Wii U games. After all, I have had frame drops playing Deus Ex, Wind Waker HD also has them, and CoD Ghost sometimes makes my Wii U crash... I believe it's a matter of time/optimization.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't think is a matter of Switch can't run Wii U games. After all, I have had frame drops playing Deus Ex, Wind Waker HD also has them, and CoD Ghost sometimes makes my Wii U crash... I believe it's a matter of time/optimization.

Yeah it felt very well optimised for WiiU, though I didn't run into any rain and I heard someone mention that drops framerate a bit. Otherwise it felt like Nintendo really did a good job getting the most out of the WiiU. I was so worried after playing at the switch event that they thought OoT framerate was acceptable these days, but WiiU was great really, to look at, play and be there. I played it on gamepad (for an hour) and it was lush.

It's a game developed for a much powerful system though. Deux ex is a down port and wwhd was developed for the wiiu.

Powerwing

I am wondering from a pure dev perspective, is it a money/time issue or is it like ok there is some worst case frame rate issue but average gamers won't notice ?

Top Bottom