- Dec 3, 2019
While intriguing I don't think your prices are realistic.
I updated the original post to justify why the pricing is not unrealistic.
Sony Movies & Shows
- Sony has thousands of movies both vintage and new that they can shuffle in and out.
- Sony has a lot of successful shows they sell to TV and streaming apps. Sony+ will be a new customer except for shows paid for by a client to be exclusive.
- SCE paying Sony pictures will cost Sony $0. It's basically a matter of accounting adjustment.
- They can make few exclusive original shows for their own service. (This is where the majority of operating cost will come.)
- Anime is not expensive.
- Funimation has 600 anime for $6 at only 3.2M subscribers.
- Crunchyroll is $8 with 3M paying subscribers. It has 1,200 anime and original live-action shows.
- No Day and Date Release of first party AAA games. Only maybe after 2 years or so depending on the game. (Sony's $70 AAA business is not compromised.)
- Day and Date Release of AA Games occasionally.
- PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 BC games.
- Monthly games similar to how PSNow is currently.
- PSNow still downloadable for compatible games to those who have PS4 or PS5.