• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamereactor ranks the 15 worst gamecovers ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

Pretty fun read actually so thought I would share :lol

There are texts to every cover, but it's in swedish, so I gave it a short and quick translation comment in english.

Homo-erotic and a weird indian face

15.jpg

A greasy body in a tight suit

14.jpg

Why did the wrestler cut off his own head?

13.jpg

This cover might had worked better back in 1982 or something

12.jpg

Crocketts head is distorted and his hair looks like a x-mas sheaf while Tubbs head looks like Loui in the Jungle book.

11.jpg

Teens that are suppose to look tough actually looks like they came from a masquerade

10.jpg

A game called action fighter, but has neither fighting nor action but a magnification glass?!

09.jpg

What does a creepy dead guy in a bubble with matches do in this cover?

08.jpg

Done by someone who obviously wasn't a good artist

07.jpg

Esthetically one of the worst design decisions I seen

06.jpg

While the american cover looked good, this is what we got in europe

05.jpg

Ugly car with a dwarf

04.jpg

Two retarded body builders who smiles

03.jpg

A timeless classic

02.jpg

Our winner. Tommy Lasorda doesn't look like that, but it seems like SEGA's artists made his face in poo

01.jpg

http://www.gamereactor.se/artiklar/8078/V%E4rldens+15+fulaste+spelomslag/

Bill Clinton's Baseball?

where is that game cover for the shmup that just put three girls on the cover that had nothing to do with anything?

raYne

Without a doubt MM should've taken the top spot.

Bludgeoner86 said:
A lot of those (and others not included) are worse than the Lasorda cover.
I was thinking the same...

That Miami Vice cover is pretty decent... Well, for Miami Vice of course. The only real problem is the the faces aren't faithful.

Kiriku said:
Also, I would like to add the Megaman 2 boxart to this list. Both the American and European versions.

200px-Megaman2_box.jpg

MegaMan2-PAL-BoxArt.jpg
:lol @ PAL Megaman 2. I don't think I've seen that one before.

RumFore

Banned
Tommy Lasorda, Miami Vice and Bust-A-move are not that bad in my view as I've seen worse. ICO should be up there. I still think its cover is the reason the game did not sell well here. Whoever decided to put a caveman on the cover instead of the beautiful art that is the JPN and EU cover should be shot.

Ronabo

I noticed a few years ago the coincidence of how Pulse Racer and R: Racing Revolution shared the same cover.

pulsecomparison.jpg

It's amazing.

:lol

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
How did Phalanx (SNES) fail to make this list? Its a 2D shooter that takes place in outer space and the cover is just some old hillbilly holding a banjo. :lol

Suikoden_US.jpg

Eh, I actually miss these kinds of realistic game covers really, even if most of them were utterly misplaced.

To masquerade their anime roots to the xenophobic general populace, they used gorgeous medieval character designs akin to the art that one could find in something like Dungeons & Dragons or Fighting Fantasy. :)

Bludgeoner86 said:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/6/578816_front.jpg
yeah that's the one.

i had to laugh at the EU megaman 2 box promising 'high resolution' graphics. ah the innocence of youth.

railGUN

Banned
Schattenjagger said:

Oh my god!!! I loved that game, but had totally forgotten about it until just now. I saw that picture, sounded out the name slow, then, if my life were a movie, the camera just pulled back fast, while at the same time zooming in.

Thank you. And IMO that cover is pure NES awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom