• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamereactor ranks the 15 worst gamecovers ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtfcover.jpg

WOW :lol

FauX

MegaMan2-PAL-BoxArt.jpg

WTF?! Why he's in gray suit? Why his weapon arm looks like a bowling pin? OMG! My eyes!

PD.- Look the price damn it!!!

tambourine said:
Eh, I actually miss these kinds of realistic game covers really, even if most of them were utterly misplaced.

To masquerade their anime roots to the xenophobic general populace, they used gorgeous medieval character designs akin to the art that one could find in something like Dungeons & Dragons or Fighting Fantasy. :)

Even by D&D or western standards though, Suiko 1's was so harsh. It was like a bad 80s piece of fantasy art. Worse yet, it made no sense. Any potential references to the story are extreme grasps at thin air.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mato said:
This list is clearly homophobic.

Haha, I thought the same thing. Super Big Brother has a ****ing AWESOME cover, imo.

HO-LY SHIT! I kinda remembered the box art looking bad but not that bad...look at his knees. And he's actually holding a pistol. Why? His arm turns into an energy cannon after all.

02.jpg

Also :lol at "State-of-the-Art High Resolution Graphics"

1080P of its time?

Squeak

picture1yg7.png

I don't get why this get cited so often as an extremely bad cover. Artistically it's very good and although it doesn't really capture the style in the game, I think it has it's own special 80s charm.

bomberman_pcengineboxboxart_160w.jpg

This on the other hand is truly the stuff nightmares are made of. The awkwardness is simply aweinspiring, especially when you take into consideration the excellent Japanese cover and how someone must have said, "I like this better, let's stick that on the box".

(I know this is the OST but the PC-Engine cover was very much like it)
FHCF-1104_front.jpg

bjork said:
whitevanracerbig.jpg

holy shit, is this for real? :lol

There is no way this is real...cuz if it is, I want it right now.

White utility vans are good for nothing except bad guy chases that always end in the van flying off a cliff and ultimately exploding in cheesy 80's B-movie action flick style
and in Knight Rider, as well.

Ronabo

Moderation Unlimited said:
There is no way this is real...cuz if it is, I want it right now.

White utility vans are good for nothing except bad guy chases that always end in the van flying off a cliff and ultimately exploding in cheesy 80's B-movie action flick style
and in Knight Rider, as well.

I want that game too.

I'm always suspicious of plain white vans driving around. I'm think either they are driving around dealing drugs or kidnapping people or whatever else you can do while driving around a plain white van.

:lol

JayDubya said:
Perhaps. But bad is still bad, and this is really, really, really bad when marketing a SPACE SHOOTER.

2577.jpg

I was HOPING soembody would post this one! :lol Now find some of the old atrocious Rennovation US box art (i.e. El Viento, Wolfchild, Ernest Evans). And I wish I knew how to post scan or I would throw up the US boxart to Guardian Heroes on the Sega Saturn. Worst He-Man & the Masters of the Universe ripoff EVER!! :lol

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
bjork said:

I never noticed the subtitle until now. Translated, it reads, "Diary of a Crybaby Coach"

W T F

Edit: My friend said, "Is this the Dick Vermiel story?"

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Stop posting the Phoenix Game boxes. They're ALWAYS gonna be bad, so they don't count. I still think they make a point to make their covers as crummy as possible, so folks know what they're getting into when they buy them.

As for the Sega Master System games, The Kenseiden and California Games weren't really that bad. That Kensiden one made me want the game back in the day. Go hunt down My Hero, or Black Belt. THOSE had bad covers...

I didn't realize that folks outside the US could possibly get worse covers than we had....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom