• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games already launched that you want to buy someday.

More than I can name. Money is less of an issue, (though obviously still an issue) than time. I'm like 10 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn, 2 hours into Persona 5, 4 hours into Dishonored 2, and then there's all those PS+ games that I've barely touched. Part of me really wants to play Nier and Nioh and Yakuza and even Mass Effect Andromeda, but I'll be shocked if I get through the three games I am playing this year...especially now that I'm working Saturdays too.

Compsiox

Banned
Mario Kart and ARMS. I'm too addicted to a few PC games to play Switch games right now. I don't know if I should have gotten a Switch tbh. I've had fun so far but I don't think I use it enough.

venom473

Yakuza 0
Nioh
Until Dawn
Final Fantasy 15
Dishonored 2

Probably gonna get Yakuza next, never played these games but they look like a ton of fun.

Prey and Dishonored 2 are standouts, my PC can't handle them at all right now.

Ever17 and Remember11, someday. The former goes for $200 and the latter never got an official English release.

A few weeks ago I started putting together a Google Doc of games I want. That way I can reference it when I'm at game stores. I haven't put everything on it yet.

NES
Shatterhand
Vice Project Doom

SNES
Doom

Saturn
Duke Nukem 3D
Quake
Virtua Racer

PS1
Shadow Master
Final Doom
Duke Nukem 3D
Descent
Crusader No Remorse
Alien Resurection
Legend of Mana
Mega Man Legends
Fear Effect

N64
Battle for Naboo
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark

GameCube
Star Fox Adventures
Super Monkey Ball 2
Timesplitters 2

PS2
Xenosaga Episode 3

Xbox
Shenmue II
Crazy Taxi 3
Burnout 2

WiiU
Wonderful 101
Hyrule Warriors

PS4
Uncharted 4

Switch
Arms

Patrick S.

Banned
I want to play Assassin's Creed: Rogue. I somehow never got around to buying it.

And I'd really love to play Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen but couldn't afford the last Humble Bundle it came in :(

Is there a statute of limitations on how long ago the game you haven't bought yet came out? Because my answer is Mega Man X3 on Super NES and the reason I haven't bought it yet is because market value is too damn high. Hoping the retro gaming bubble will one day burst and the price will drop.

Kiro

Tale of Two Brothers
Dishonored 1/2
Wolfenstein TNO & TOB
Prey
The Witcher 3: Complete Edition (waiting for the right price, never touched this game)
Nioh

and maybe Aliens: Isolation and Outlast 2.

sirap

ARMS.

Too expensive for what it offers. I'm hoping it'll go down in price (lol) or someone decides to sell a copy in a month or so. Multiplayer will probably be dead though :(

StarPhlox

There is literally only one already released game that I have yet to buy that I am still considering.

Persona 5

I really enjoyed Persona 4 but I'm worried that 100 hours minimum of playtime is not something I can commit to right now. It had pretty bad release timing for me in the U.S. so if we got it last September like JPN it would have been perfect.

KKRT00

Deus Ex Mankind Divided
XCOM 2
Prey
Stellaris expansion pack
Witcher 3
Elite Dangerous
Tekken 7
The Long Journey Home

Just to name few ;p

I have a pretty big wishlist

Only counting 'definite' games there's 11 PS3, 30 PS4, 2 Xbone, 5 360, 5 PSP, 18 3/ds, 2 wiiU & ~25 PC
Soo around 100 games already out that I know I'll really enjoy. Probably double that if you include games I'm interested in but not fully sold on

panda-zebra

Persona 5 - waiting on price. I know, might be some wait.
BotW - when Switch is cheaper or revised.
Yakuza 0 - always wanted to play these, have some on ps3 I never started, GAF said 0 is my best bet. Waiting on right price.
Witcher 3 DLC - with the Pro patch & a 4k TV
XCOM 2 - half remember something about Pro problems maybe? Need to look into it.

*PC games* - I've had a mid-range PC a few weeks and still don't have any games. No idea where to start, but need to be ds4-friendly and bargain prices, so older stuff not on playstation.

KKRT00

Yakuza 0 - always wanted to play these, have some on ps3 I never started, GAF said 0 is my best bet. Waiting on right price.
XCOM 2 - half remember something about Pro problems maybe? Need to look into it.

*PC games* - I've had a mid-range PC a few weeks and still don't have any games. No idea where to start, but need to be ds4-friendly and bargain prices, so older stuff not on playstation.

XCOM 2 only on PC.

The top 5 to buy:

Nier Automata
The Last Guardian
Both Kingdom Hearts PS4 Remasters
DQ Builder's
Gravity Rush Remastered

I have a list of about 50 games to buy though, but my backlog is just massive at the moment, and I have about 20 games still releasing this year I am already buying. Whew what a fucking hobby.....

Sanctuary

Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Have a Wii U, just never ended up buying these two games.

Hollow Knight - probably going to pick it up next once I'm finished with Nier.

Why not just get TW3 CE on PC if you have to buy the DLC for the base game anyway? Should cost about the same as the DLC on consoles. What do you mean by "mid-range" though; what's your graphics card? If you can run it at 1440p, even on a 4K TV it will be noticeably better looking than the console version.

As far as "DS4 friendly" goes, pretty much all multiplat titles on PC can use it via DS4Windows.

AAK

Eventually:
Doom
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Probably:
Zero Escape games

Maybe:
FFXV
Dark Souls games
Axiom Verge
Galak-Z
Overcooked

Games: Mankind Divided, Mafia 3, Nier Automata, Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn.
DLC: Inquisition DLC and Witcher 3 DLC .

In order or priority

CHC

Been jonesing to play Gears of War 4 lately. I've been playing a lot of kind of... thinking-heavy / problem solving based games lately (Dishonored II with no powers, Prey, etc) and I just want something with some good-azz graphixx and dumb, linear gameplay.

Mooreberg

Yakuza 0
Nier Automata
Nioh
Prey (when bugs are squashed)

My free time got burned up early in the year, and buying a new PC automatically gave me dozens of additional games to play on Steam. July/August may be where I start to catch up on some of this stuff. But even that would require ignoring the physical and digital backlogs that already exist.

Publishers releasing so many games in such condensed windows and then ignoring the summer continues to baffle me.

Stuff that came out in recent memory? I really want Rez Infinite but I wanted a physical and heard bad things about iam8bit's handling of it. Maybe I'll pull the plug someday or pray someone sells it secondhand for a decent price.

Last Guardian came out too close to FFXV so I had to put it off till later. Similarly Yakuza 0 and Persona 5 I would've grabbed right away if they weren't crowded by Gravity Rush 2, Nier, and Zelda.

There are some games I was interested in and held out for a physical or a remaster or other such port where I actually got vindicated and those ended up happening. (e.g. VAL-HALLA getting the LRG treatment, Dragon's Dogma and Valkyria Chronicles PC coming to PS4, Gunvolt Striker Pack and Pokken coming to Switch.)

Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Nier: Automata
Resident Evil 7
Ori and The Blind Forest
Inside

I just don't have the funds to buy all of the games I want to play. So I'm holding out for sales :)

So, is this thread technically about the backlog you have in the queue for games that will be added to your backlog?

PS4
Gravity Rush 2
Inside
Kingdom Hearts II.8 Final Chapter Prologue (price drop when?)
Kingdom Hearts I.5 + II.5 Remix (price drop when?)
Salt & Sanctuary (Switch release when?)
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Nintendo Switch
ARMS
Blaster Master Zero
Fast Racing RMX (physical release when?)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (physical release when?)

PS3
God of War Collection
Metal Gear Solid Collection
Jak & Daxter Collection

Other platforms
Ori and the Blind Forest
Rare Replay

Mathieran

Banned
I have a really long list of games that I want to buy from the this generation. I don't keep them written down but I always look through every psn sale that comes up, and every black friday I browse every major retailer's sale and buy a bunch of games that I've been waiting to reach a certain price.

Shin

Banned
That's going to be a long ass list considering I haven't even bought the console yet.
Pretty much the whole generation up till now and counting, getting there though.

danthefan

Just for PS4 alone...

Nioh
Persona 5
Tales of Berseria
Dishonored 2
Dragon Quest Builders

God only knows how many PC games

I also really want a Switch.

Algebrah

Nier Automata

This game is right up my alley but I have been trying to buy less games lately. I am hoping to get a game of the year edition sometime next year.

maouvin

PS4:
NieR Automata
Horizon
Ratchet
GGXrd Rev2 Upgrade
SAO HR
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Switch:
Bomberman
Zelda BotW

Vita:
Caligula
GE2RB
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails of Cold Steel II

Waiting for a sweet sweet sale for most. Exceptions are BotW and Rev2 - would gladly pay full price, but no time to play them atm so no point on hoarding.

KingV

Yakuza 0
Disgaea 5
Prey
Persona 5
+ a bunch of fall titles coming out that I want to play but know I won't have time for until sometime later.

Top Bottom