• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games are invaded with SJW politics

So when the lead the dev of BF5 said he deliberately changed historic events because of his daughter and that he was sure he was on the right side of history for doing it, that was capitalism?
Oh, and don't forget when they held an event pushing the #OurBattlefield hashtag.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Believe it not but my posts aren't all aimed at you alone. Where did I say one person? You're all here, wanting to tell devs what they can and can't do because their choices hurt your fee-feez. Maybe if anti SJWs weren't such fail son slacktivists and put in the work to get jobs in gaming things would be different.

The irony is that it was always said SJWs could only get jobs as internet journos complaining about stuff, yet here we are; the apparent SJWs run everything whilst anti SJWs just sit around complaining all the time. Some work for shitty backend websites barely anyone visits but the "cream of the crop" are YouTube grifters pearl clutching over everything and taking money from their weak minded, reactionary fans.

And what are you as actually complaining about?; Women & LGBT characters in games & movies. Jesus Christ.

Do you think Google, Apple, Facebook and game devs are actually SJW or that they are catering to SJWs because that's what they think they should be doing, to avoid backlash from the authoriatarian left (game journos, autists on Twitter, ...)

Last edited:
Sweden is hell. Easily the most "SJW" country. 9/10 are soy boys and danger hair feminists. It's all so tiresome.
Yeah no shit. I'm seriously thinking about moving to Denmark or something, we're totally doomed. Gang violence and bombings are happening daily now and the government takes no responsibility whatsoever and shows no interest in solving the madness.

Eiknarf

Banned
This was because she was watched all the time by the crazy military leader, who also wanted to fuck her and also the "lieutenant" (afro American dude), who also had a thing for her. And Sarah wasn't his fiancé, but his WIFE, which makes a big difference. So all this is justified in the story as they are both watched all the time for different reasons. Still, they do fuck a bit later, so no need to whine about that, Jesus. :)

Maybe so

But as the door closed behind them and they were alone in said bunker, they could and should have hugged and kissed. There were NO cameras in there. Cmon

Revas

I thought you said companies wanted to cover "wider range" of consumers.
I've cited producer literally telling major demographic to go have kamasutra with themselves.
And now you ask which movie was created "with me in mind", seriously?

The attempt to cover woke moves with "going after bigger demographic" is an obvious lie. It happens because influential group of vile zealots pushes for it.

Why does Kathleen Kennedy saying she doesn't feel pressured to target the male demographic come across as "our movie isn't for men" to you?

Beyond that, back to my question - as Star Wars films go did you find Rogue One specifically not made with you in mind?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Just cancelled my patreon for Easy allies again.

This one is on you Michael "Trans week" Damiani.

I don't even know why they keep him around. I have seen so many stop supporting because of both him and Ian, but at least Ian can edit worth a damn.

llien

...she doesn't feel pressured to target the male demographic...
Stop twisting reality to pigeonhole it into your flawed theory please.
It went like this:

-fans don't like, what you are doing, because...
-Oh, I don't need to cater to male fans.

it is an explicit and clear "fuck you" message. Some woke types, who "know better" what is rite and what is wrong are pushing stuff down people's throats.
Nobody asks for it.
No, it's not commercial act either (you tried to present it as such, if you forgot).

...did you find Rogue One specifically not made with you in mind?
Why does it matter?

Last edited:

Handy Fake

Again, false equivalencies.

We have factual evidence that SJW politics are being pushed by some of the most important people of the industry, your both sides deflection is just the epitome of intellectual laziness trying to dismiss the fact that SJW politics are creeping in on the industry.

It's overused because SJW politics are literally everywhere in the cultural media landscape and the political landscape.

Pointless? Not at all, it describes perfectly the type of toxic politics that are been forcefully put unto people's throats.

Luckily, it came in a time in which the gender of a character wasn't a political weapon to get revenge on the evil white male gamers and the patriarchy. It came in a time in which games were made for fun, not for making political indoctrination.

That's why nobody cared to play as a woman, as a black man, as a trans or as anything else, because it wasn't all intoxicated with an aggressive political propaganda, it was just character choices.
I wouldn't deny there's a push for "diversity", I never have.
I merely take issue with the term. That's the point I'm making. You're reading too much into what I'm saying.

Revas

Stop twisting reality to pigeonhole it into your flawed theory please.
It went like this:

-fans don't like, what you are doing, because...
-Oh, I don't need to cater to male fans.

it is an explicit and clear "fuck you" message. Some woke types, who "know better" what is rite and what is wrong are pushing stuff down people's throats.
Nobody asks for it.
No, it's not commercial act either (you tried to present it as such, if you forgot).

Why does it matter?

"I have a responsibility to the company that I work with. I don’t feel that I have a responsibility to cater in some way. I would never just seize on saying, 'Well, this is a franchise that’s appealed primarily to men for many, many years, and therefore I owe men something.'"

In response to backlash for featuring women in two consecutive Star Wars movies is an apt response, it's not as if the movie isn't attempting to cater to men, just not *only* men or *primarily* men (or more specifically the subset of men that want to see a man star in each movie) which is what has your jimmies rustled. Which brings me to my next point - the quality of the movie matters leagues more than the pre-release banter about who it's "catering" to. Is it a good movie? Is it a good Star Wars movie? Did you find the gender of the main character caused you less enjoyment etc?

TheContact

Yeah, guys. Remember when video games didn't have a story? You were just a character moving from the left to the right, or eating up circles, or shooting aliens? Let's go back to the good old days. /s

Remember when San Andreas got canned from the shelves because of the "hot coffee" code that wasn't even accessible on consoles?
In GTA V, we got full on nudity and there wasn't much controversy around it--certainly no games pulled from shelves.
The only controversy I find about Days Gone is child-like zombies, nothing about gender politics unless you're finding threads some people have created on right winged websites.

OP also brings up God of War. Have you played the latest game on the PS4? Seems pretty masculine and brutal to me.

No one is invading your "man cave". Are games being more inclusive now? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No it's not. The only problem I have with games is when they force some kind of gender politics into the games for the sake of appeasing the fans. Like when they made Soldier 76 in Overwatch gay for absolutely no reason. A good story can have a female, a trans, a gay or lesbian main character and as long as it makes sense within the context of the story then it's not an issue, unless you're some kind of bigot who wishes things were like the "good old days". If that's you, then the Atari VCS is being remade.

Geki-D

Banned
Oh boy, what a shitshow :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You have literally the director of the arguably the most important game developer studio saying that Anita Sarkeesian is influencing his works, but somehow you talk about mind control in a silly attempt to dismiss the FACT that she and people like she have so many influence in the industry and it's narratives.

1460884075241.jpg

The dude literally idolizes her like she is some kind of heroine.

Stop embarassing yourself just because you can't see your precious politics being critized for their creepy indoctrination tactics and their crazy hateful mentality.
But again, this doesn't backup your point :messenger_tears_of_joy: Ellie was gay before Anita did anything in gaming, he was already doing this stuff without her. So please tell me how that quote actually helps your case in any way. Also what does this even do to help you against my original point that game devs put in their games what they want? Again, please show me how Anita is forcing devs to do what she wants. Is it mind control? Sounds like it must be mind control.

Do you think Google, Apple, Facebook and game devs are actually SJW or that they are catering to SJWs because that's what they think they should be doing, to avoid backlash from the authoriatarian left (game journos, autists on Twitter, ...)
Oh yeah, I'm sure FB, Google & Apple are crying tears of fear into their billions of dollars at the thought of a game journo or someone on Twitter saying something nasty about them. They're doing it because it's good optics, not necessarily because they care but because being seen as helping minorities rather than shitting on them is a good action. And hell maybe people at these companies do actually care about this stuff. You people always say "go woke, go broke" yet at the same time greedy companies only care to make extra money and avoid bad publicity. So which is it? These positions are counter to one another. Either they actually do care, financial loss be damned, or they only care about their capital and going woke makes no sense.

You people really need to look at your arguments because most of them are totally nonsensical.

llien

In response to backlash for featuring women in two consecutive Star Wars movies is an apt response,
That's a bold claim.
Got something to back it up?
Is it really the first time we got movies "featuring women"?

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

But again, this doesn't backup your point :messenger_tears_of_joy: Ellie was gay before Anita did anything in gaming, he was already doing this stuff without her. So please tell me how that quote actually helps your case in any way. Also what does this even do to help you against my original point that game devs put in their games what they want? Again, please show me how Anita is forcing devs to do what she wants. Is it mind control? Sounds like it must be mind control.

Oh yeah, I'm sure FB, Google & Apple are crying tears of fear into their billions of dollars at the thought of a game journo or someone on Twitter saying something nasty about them. They're doing it because it's good optics, not necessarily because they care but because being seen as helping minorities rather than shitting on them is a good action. And hell maybe people at these companies do actually care about this stuff. You people always say "go woke, go broke" yet at the same time greedy companies only care to make extra money and avoid bad publicity. So which is it? These positions are counter to one another. Either they actually do care, financial loss be damned, or they only care about their capital and going woke makes no sense.

You people really need to look at your arguments because most of them are totally nonsensical.

Not sure if you understood what I meant. My point is that Google etc probably don't give a fuck, but their users do, and their users = their money so they virtue signal these idiots in spending time on their platforms and bying their products, which also seems to be your point but when I say it it is nonsensical? Or what is you counterpoint exactly? I have never heard "go woke go broke"... I think marketing is essentially targetting SJWs and they are bying into it like sheep.

Last edited:

bilderberg

You're the one deflecting any evidence and strawmaning any counter argument to extreme lengths like mind control, but sure, it's everyone else whose being nonsensical. Like dude, listen to yourself.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I hate gaming companies that take to Twitter every 5 minutes talking about character gender sliders and LGBTQ+ menu options.

I hate gaming press that take to Twitter every 5 minutes to label those games which don't have character gender sliders and LGBTQ+ menu options as fascist.

Whats strange is when does that even matter when you go inside a game store? I can only imagine video games having the same genre categories as movies do now, except you’ll have SJW categories.

Gaming has some amazing parts to it, but it’s such a cut throat Twitter statement bent on pissing off the baby boomer mommies and daddies.

Even as a grown man I like my fantasy without comparing it to real world shit all the time. When game designers say “hey this due to real events” then it makes me feel this way: “so the story is just poking at real world people?”.

No wonder Star Trek and Star Wars have been around for so long. No one can really fuck up a plot that wasn’t derailed by political statements.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Everything is invaded. Look at the woke trash that is Star Trek today, or Star Wars for that matter. Worthless franchises now, headed by idiots who couldn't possibly create a new or compelling world on their own--they only know how to repopulate it with their own ideologies.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Seriously... Neil Druckmann genuinely agreeing with her is not an example of her invading studios.

You're the one deflecting any evidence and strawmaning any counter argument to extreme lengths like mind control, but sure, it's everyone else whose being nonsensical. Like dude, listen to yourself.

Pointing out the holes in ridiculous and raving "arguments" is not deflection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geki-D

Banned
Not sure if you understood what I meant. My point is that Google etc probably don't give a fuck, but their users do, and their users = their money so they virtue signal these idiots in spending time on their platforms and bying their products, which also seems to be your point but when I say it it is nonsensical? Or what is you counterpoint exactly? I have never heard "go woke go broke"... I think marketing is essentially targetting SJWs and they are bying into it like sheep.
If it's making them so much money then it sounds like a reason business model to do. So I guess, seeing as they do this stuff and they're still making the big bucks, then that means the majority of their customer base are "SJWs", so cool, they're doing what their customers want. I see no problem here.
The idea that a company doing what their customers want means that they're preying on them lol? Can you actually name a company who doesn't do this?
Seriously... Neil Druckmann genuinely agreeing with her is not an example of her invading studios.
It really is insane. They make these massive, baseless conflations "Druckmann said Anita is good for the industry... THEREFORE OMG SHE'S RUNNING THE BUSINESS AND CONTROLLING ALL OF THEIR OUTPUT!!!" and when you point out they start to cry. They don't backup their claims, then don't explain them they just cry and throw out accusations.

bilderberg

Pointing out the holes in ridiculous and raving "arguments" is not deflection.
Except he's not pointing holes into anything. Someone gives him an example of Anita doing x,y,or z; and his go to rebuttal is "It's not like they weren't already believing all this..I guess Anita is just completely mind controlling all these companies hook line and sinker. Boy, she must be controlling everything 100% * smugly rolls eyes because I sure did show them*" No one has ever argued any of this. He's just poisoning the well and trying to make the other side look as ridiculous as possible. The idea that things exist on a scale is completely lost on him. Do SJW politics and Anita's influence persuade companies like Naughty Dog to an extent? Sure, is Anita pupperterring the whole industry like some Illuminati demigod through mind control? No. But you give one bit of evidence and Geki positions your argument like it's the latter. It's impossible to argue with people like this. Just ignore him.

GreenAlien

Do you believe "invading" means arming herself and shooting her way inside or something? If so, yes.. you are completely right, she is not "invading" studios.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Do you believe "invading" means arming herself and shooting her way inside or something? If so, yes.. you are completely right, she is not "invading" studios.

If it's not through some manner of force or coercion, then no one has any right to describe it as "invasion."

Except he's not pointing holes into anything. Someone gives him an example of Anita doing x,y,or z; and his go to rebuttal is "It's not like they weren't already believing all this..I guess Anita is just completely mind controlling all these companies hook line and sinker. Boy, she must be controlling everything 100% * smugly rolls eyes because I sure did show them*" No one has ever argued any of this. He's just poisoning the well and trying to make the other side look as ridiculous as possible. The idea that things exist on a scale is completely lost on him. Do SJW politics and Anita's influence persuade companies like Naughty Dog to an extent? Sure, is Anita pupperterring the whole industry like some Illuminati demigod through mind control? No. But you give one bit of evidence and Geki positions your argument like it's the latter. It's impossible to argue with people like this. Just ignore him.

I'm not looking at this as one side vs. another like you are, but he didn't have to do anything to make people arguing that Anita has some kind of control over the decisions studios make look ridiculous. They already did that themselves. If you have heads of studios or developers in decision-making positions agreeing with Anita's stuff, then that isn't some kind of evidence of wrong-doing or forced changes to their games. They are indeed making the games they want to make and that should be applauded, whether you like the content or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geki-D

Banned
No one has ever argued any of this.
Dude. Stop reacting, start reading the posts I'm responding to.

You're also in no way disproving the fact that she WAS invited by those companies clearly showing intent to meet and hear her, Ellie WAS gay before she had anything to do with games and you can't link her to the vaste majority of game companies you accuse of being SJW. Of course I don't actually expect you to argue against these points, I mean I know you actually can't but mostly because you're dishonest and more interested in dropping your hot takes and hoping no one actually thinks about them for then a second.

If it's not through some manner of force or coercion, then no one has any right to describe it as "invasion."
Also this times 100. This is why I always ask how she "invaded" when it was game companies who invited her and decided of their own free will to listen to her. You guys don't know what "invaded" means, you just throw out that as a buzz word because it makes it all sound spooky.

Last edited:

Katsura

I'm not looking at this as one side vs. another like you are, but he didn't have to do anything to make people arguing that Anita has some kind of control over the decisions studios make look ridiculous. They already did that themselves. If you have heads of studios or developers in decision-making positions agreeing with Anita's stuff, then that isn't some kind of evidence of wrong-doing or forced changes to their games. They are indeed making the games they want to make and that should be applauded, whether you like the content or not.
Or you could stop acting like the word police and actually look up invasion if you don't understand what it means in this context

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Or you could stop acting like the word police and actually look up invasion if you don't understand what it means in this context

So you're using it to mean "corruption" from your very specific perspective of what is good and what is bad?

JSoup

Banned
No wonder Star Trek and Star Wars have been around for so long. No one can really fuck up a plot that wasn’t derailed by political statements.

Episode 1 had several allusions to current right-wing politics of the time. The beauty was while they did very much shove it in your face, they didn't cram it down your throat.
The lesson here is we can make political statements in whatever and also not fuck up the end product. It just doesn't happen like that very often.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I can't speak for the poster you were arguing with, but it clearly is a valid word to use if you think the spread of progressiveness is harmful

What? You just did speak for the person by linking to a dictionary definition and claiming I'm misunderstanding how they used it in this context.

Anyway, forget that poster. Even if you want to use it in the way you're claiming, you would have to make a case that the kind of games Druckmann is making or stuff like Overwatch are "harmful" in some way and not just games that contain content you happen to disagree with but others embrace. Otherwise you're just coming off as a crazy person raving about people taking over their video games (despite never having any ownership over the medium in the first place), when in fact, there are more kinds of high-quality games for people to play than ever before.

Katsura

What? You just did speak for the person by linking to a dictionary definition and claiming I'm misunderstanding how they used it in this context.

Anyway, forget that poster. Even if you want to use it in the way you're claiming, you would have to make a case that the kind of games Druckmann is making or stuff like Overwatch are "harmful" in some way and not just games that contain content you happen to disagree with but others embrace. Otherwise you're just coming off as a crazy person raving about people taking over their video games (despite never having any ownership over the medium in the first place), when in fact, there are more kinds of high-quality games for people to play than ever before.
No, i don't. Anyone who is not a leftwing nutjob knows what the word means in this context
Just to humour you though, promoting transgenders as something to celebrate when it is in fact a debilitating mental disorder is absolutely harmful to society

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No, i don't. Anyone who is not a leftwing nutjob knows what the word means in this context
Just to humour you though, promoting transgenders as something to celebrate when it is in fact a debilitating mental disorder is absolutely harmful to society

There you ago again with the insults, attempting to delegitimize the person you're engaging with because you are unable to have a discussion or argument without doing so. Disappointing if not expected.

Katsura

There you ago again with the insults, attempting to delegitimize the person you're engaging with because you are unable to have a discussion or argument without doing so. Disappointing if not expected.
Wait, did you not just insinuate we sounded like crazy people for using the word invasion in the previous post?
Oh and i did actually make a perfectly logical and sound point. You just can't handle it so now you're resorting to tone policing

Do not support games that you don't like, end of story. Simple example is the film industry. Right now, every "woke" film simply bombs and bombs because people are speaking with their wallets. Gamers on the other hand aren't willing to do the same. You need to walk away from games, or franchises that go in directions you do not agree with. This isn't some radical idea either, just simple consumerism and all the power is your hands.

Let developers and publishers make woke games, and the market will react accordingly. Complaining about it isn't going to fix anything, just buy games you want and avoid games you dont want.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Episode 1 had several allusions to current right-wing politics of the time. The beauty was while they did very much shove it in your face, they didn't cram it down your throat.
The lesson here is we can make political statements in whatever and also not fuck up the end product. It just doesn't happen like that very often.

I remember someone brought up a Tweet from Cliffy B and it was all about how Gears was anti-bush and how it was all about how Cliff was a liberal. Even though I’m a Democrat, it still rubs me the wrong way. It made the plot feel less important to fantasy as it is to making a political statement. I’d rather keep the Gears plot as a story made for the purpose of bringing someone into that world. Does that leave The Coalition with some absent political agenda to go on? Is that why there’s so much of an influence on Kate over JD now? That means agenda #2 is women’s rights. What does that actually accomplish? Did Tolkien have some agenda that I’m missing?

It makes watching CNN or the next political debate the blueprints for the next major AAA game.

As a kid I saw how dysfunctional relationships portrayed themselves in video games, which gave some games an organic feeling of character growth. I’m torn because now a days it’s so obvious and outspoken. I didn’t realize that about Episode 1, but I haven’t seen it in many years.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

If it's making them so much money then it sounds like a reason business model to do. So I guess, seeing as they do this stuff and they're still making the big bucks, then that means the majority of their customer base are "SJWs", so cool, they're doing what their customers want. I see no problem here.
The idea that a company doing what their customers want means that they're preying on them lol? Can you actually name a company who doesn't do this?

It really is insane. They make these massive, baseless conflations "Druckmann said Anita is good for the industry... THEREFORE OMG SHE'S RUNNING THE BUSINESS AND CONTROLLING ALL OF THEIR OUTPUT!!!" and when you point out they start to cry. They don't backup their claims, then don't explain them they just cry and throw out accusations.

I was mainly pointing out the hypocrisy and naivety of these white knight punters celebrating Apple and Google for being woke. I don't have apples in any of these baskets so it's just an observation.

whatup

There is no left-wing conspiracy to take your sophomoric video game tropes away from you. Norms have changed pretty rapidly in the last 10 years, I would argue mostly for the better , and there are admittedly many who can be obnoxious about enforcing them. But the changes in game content that you're complaining about are primarily driven by market forces:
  • Video games are no longer the domain of primarily male nerds. It's a major entertainment industry catering to an increasingly diverse market. Nearly half of gamers are women. Soon most will be people of color. As the audience shifts to demographics with less patience for casual misogyny and tokenism, the product content will inevitably follow. If women gamers aren't as into playing games with avatars catering to male sex fantasies, it's not a conspiracy when boobs shrink and shoulders start getting covered.
  • As the game industry has grown, it has also attracted more diverse talent. More women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community now work in the industry. Naturally, their perspectives and preferences are increasingly reflected in the content of the expressive works they help develop.
I would also add that as games have become increasingly narrative driven, and as you get better, more advanced narrative writing, you're inevitably going to encounter more "politics" in your stories. Art informs our humanity. It can also entertain, sure, but good art seeks to help us understand something about the world we live in, even if on a surface level it's a story about aliens, or wizards. Lord of the Rings was a reaction to WWII; The Matrix is a retelling of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Maybe there is a good story to tell about how modern men are being emasculated and their biological imperatives suppressed by women and minorities who are just redefining mores in order to grab power. But I've got a secret to tell you: good conservative artists are pretty rare, which is the main reason you don't see, for example, good conservative cinema. Sean Baker made a great movie about trans hookers on an iPhone; Trey Edward Shultz made a great movie about familial trauma with 30k and a bunch of non-actors. There are no gatekeepers to making and distributing movies, books, and games to a mass audience the way there used to be. And yet...

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
There is no left-wing conspiracy to take your sophomoric video game tropes away from you. Norms have changed pretty rapidly in the last 10 years, I would argue mostly for the better , and there are admittedly many who can be obnoxious about enforcing them. But the changes in game content that you're complaining about are primarily driven by market forces:
  • Video games are no longer the domain of primarily male nerds. It's a major entertainment industry catering to an increasingly diverse market. Nearly half of gamers are women. Soon most will be people of color. As the audience shifts to demographics with less patience for casual misogyny and tokenism, the product content will inevitably follow. If women gamers aren't as into playing games with avatars catering to male sex fantasies, it's not a conspiracy when boobs shrink and shoulders start getting covered.
  • As the game industry has grown, it has also attracted more diverse talent. More women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community now work in the industry. Naturally, their perspectives and preferences are increasingly reflected in the content of the expressive works they help develop.
I would also add that as games have become increasingly narrative driven, and as you get better, more advanced narrative writing, you're inevitably going to encounter more "politics" in your stories. Art informs our humanity. It can also entertain, sure, but good art seeks to help us understand something about the world we live in, even if on a surface level it's a story about aliens, or wizards. Lord of the Rings was a reaction to WWII; The Matrix is a retelling of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Maybe there is a good story to tell about how modern men are being emasculated and their biological imperatives suppressed by women and minorities who are just redefining mores in order to grab power. But I've got a secret to tell you: good conservative artists are pretty rare, which is the main reason you don't see, for example, good conservative cinema. Sean Baker made a great movie about trans hookers on an iPhone; Trey Edward Shultz made a great movie about familial trauma with 30k and a bunch of non-actors. There are no gatekeepers to making and distributing movies, books, and games to a mass audience the way there used to be. And yet...

My, aren't you just a charming individual. "Sophmoric video game tropes", referring to people who like those tropes as "obnoxious", makes claims of women and soon PoC being most of gamers despite zero evidence, "casual misogyny and tokenism", "male sex fantasy", "diverse talent" despite diversity of skin/sex does not mean diversity of the mind, failure between understanding politics as a theme and a political agenda, shitting on conservative media.

giphy.gif

Katsura

I think you took a wrong turn. This isn't REEEEera. We don't just accept all of your lies. Half of gamers are women? Holy fuck, do you know how many times that incredibly biased study has been refuted? We have plenty of actual stats from places such as Steam and Nintendo that completely disproves it. The only way half of gamers are women is if you count anyone who has ever installed a mobile game

The rest of your post reads like your typical pseudo intellectual left wing nonsense. There are plenty of conservative artists. There are numerous reasons why you don't know about them but that's besides the point

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Gender Studies major?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
The issue is that nobody ever really cared about the "007" thing. The series was about James Bond himself. Not the banner on his office door.

You can't have a black woman being James Bond himself though.

The fact that they had to get rid of the main character in order to shoehorn a different race and sex is the issue. It's the fact that the different skin color and sex of the actor is more important than the main character who is the main ingredient of the series since forever. It's the fact that they are changing the story/character based on the sex/skin color of the actor instead of choosing an actor based on the story/character.
well as I said the film is about James Bond and nobody is getting rid of him. its a Daniel Craig film so I don't know what your problem is with 007 being a women while he is retired

Ulysses 31

Politics and all that bollocks don't belong in gaming. Fak off with that shit, devs!
Politics can absolutely be fine in games as long all sides are represented fairly and conclusions are left to the player to make. Deus Ex is a good example of a political thriller game.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Politics can absolutely be fine in games as long a all the sides are represented fairly and conclusions are left to the player to make. Deus Ex is a good example of a political thriller game.

Yep. As Eimran Eimran put it earlier in the thread: "I don't mind games that are politically influenced. But there's a big difference between politically inspired and using games as a Trojan horse for your political agenda. "

DR2K

Banned
You mean they dabble with real life? And maybe there’s more to it than the narrow perspective we’ve become too comfortable with?

Geki-D

Banned
Even if you want to use it in the way you're claiming, you would have to make a case that the kind of games Druckmann is making or stuff like Overwatch are "harmful" in some way and not just games that contain content you happen to disagree with but others embrace.
I mean, you're arguing with someone who has said in the past that gay people are paedophiles, trans & queer people are degenerates and right here in this thread that being trans is a "debilitating mental disorder". So obviously anything going counter to this would be seen by a person like this as harmful.

The irony is that these "SJW companies" want to include these people in society and show them as being normal people whereas the likes of Katsura want them exiled from society at all costs. Yet it's the "SJWs" that are harmful in bizarro anti-SJW world. People like this are why trans people are still murdered for being trans today, why LGBT people still have to fight for their rights today, why gay people are still having rights removed today, why it's still illegal to be LGBT in a lot of places around the world today, and ultimately, why gay people were put in camps in the past.

This is what I mean when I say a clear crossover with anti SJW and alt-right. Fuck it, these aren't even something you can hide behind the vague, meant to be more politically correct "alt right" tag. Katsura is pushing neo-Nazi FUD about LGBT people, the type that people buy into then act to really harm a part of the population.

But it's a lesbian kiss in TLOU2 that's harmful, el-oh-el *honk* *honk* 🤡

Last edited:
Top Bottom