• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games being shown at Gamer's Day event

guy on another forum posted this up

I run a media site and when I was looking through Sony's official press site I stumbled onto an "Exclusive" page that I didn't have access to. However, on the left hand side of their site they list special events, one of which was Gamer's Day. While the main page isn't up and running yet, they did post future media pages for third party PS3 titles and first party e-distribution games. Here's the official listing.

Third Party Titles:

Blazing Angels
Call of Duty 3
College Hoops 2K7
F.E.A.R.
Fight Night Round 3
Full Auto 2
Madden '07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam
NBA 2k7
NBA Live 07
Need For Speed: Carbon
NHL 2K7
Oblivion
Ridge Racer 7
Sonic The Hedgehog
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Tennis 3

First Party e-Distribution Titles:

Blast Factor
flOw
Criminal Crackdown

The first party titles they listed were all the ones from TGS so it's clear they didn't update that section of their site just yet. Now sadly I can't post a link to the content because I have a unique username and password to access the site and that would be against the rules.

You can find the site here: http://presscenter.playstation.com/pages.aspx

hopefully they announce some new titles also

Vyse The Legend said:
Is Gamer's Day purely a PS3 event, or will they acknowledge the PSP's existence and show some support also (PS1 emulator, please)?

It's for the PS in general, but the focus is going to be on the PS3.

Altermo said:
I will be happy as long as they show non-arena footage of Heavenly Sword. :)

The TGS demo should be there and it was likely going to be the section we saw in the new screens released.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
u_neek said:
Hopefully Gear of Wars and Big Space Circle 3 will be there as well...
:lol

I doubt the game has anything to do with Crackdown though. It's a smaller, downloadable kind of game.

Vyse The Legend said:
Is Gamer's Day purely a PS3 event, or will they acknowledge the PSP's existence and show some support also (PS1 emulator, please)?

ugh.. PSP's 2006 holiday lineup is arguably the best of any platform and Sony probably won't even mention it, except as a PS3 connectivity device.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Blast Factor:

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Bluepoint Games
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 system
Genre: Action Arcade
Rating: “RP” for Everyone

OVERVIEW:

Developed by Bluepoint Games, Blast Factor brings together “old school” and “new school” arcade action. Supporting true High Definition (HD) at full 1080p and taking advantage of the PS3™ system’s advanced processing power, Blast Factor delivers a visually stunning experience as gamers work their way through each specimen, cell by cell exploring an all-new world and gameplay experience.

KEY FEATURES:

• Full HD at 1080p – High resolution, high adrenaline arcade action at full 1080p HD.
• Self Adjusting Difficulty – Depending on how well a gamer plays, each cell determines which cell they will face next.
• Integral use of SIXAXIS™ Wireless Controller – Blast Factor takes full advantage of the SIXAXIS wireless controller. By tilting left and right, gamers can push enemies around the play field, but need to be careful as some might enemies not react the as expected.
• Global Online Rankings – Gamers will be able to check their rank versus the world.

BlastFactor.jpg

blast_factor6.jpg

blast_factor5.jpg

blast_factor4.jpg

blast_factor3.jpg

blast_factor2.jpg

blast_factor1.jpg

flOw:

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: thatgamecompany LLC
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 system
Genre: Zen
Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending

OVERVIEW:

flOw is the first game ever to come from the university to first-party publishing on a major console. Initially an MFA (Master of Fine Arts) thesis, flOw is a game about piloting an aquatic organism through a surreal biosphere where players consume other organisms, evolve, and advance their organisms down toward the abyss. The stunning graphics and power of PLAYSTATION®3 system set the stage for a truly unique gameplay experience. With an embedded design of DDA (dynamic difficulty adjustment), players with differing skill levels can intuitively customize their game experience and enjoy the game at their own pace. Players can also customize the appearance of their organisms based on gameplay.

KEY FEATURES:

• Full HD at 1080p – Gamers will lose themselves in the crisp “Deep Blue” while encountering surreal ornate organisms.
• Dynamically Adjusting Experience – Players with differing skill levels and/or mood can intuitively customize their game experience and enjoy the game at their own pace.
• Using the SIXAXIS™ WirelessController – Gamers can use the analog thumb stick or take advantage of the SIXAXIS wireless controller motion sensors to glide, flit, and flOw through the universe of flOw.
• Global Online Creature Sharing – Gamers can check on everything from how much they’ve eaten, to how large their creature is, to how they’ve evolved, and much more, then compare it to the rest of the world.

Screenshots:

flOwlogo.jpg

flow5.jpg

flow4.jpg

flow3.jpg

flow2.jpg

flow1.jpg

Go Sudoku:

No info posted yet.

Screenshots:

GoSudokuLogo.jpg

go_sudoku3.jpg

go_sudoku2.jpg

go_sudoku1.jpg

Lemmings 2:

No info posted yet.

Screenshots:

lemmingsII5.jpg

lemmingsII4.jpg

lemmingsII3.jpg

lemmingsII2.jpg

lemmingsII1.jpg

Swizzleblocks:

No info posted yet.

No Screenshots posted yet.

Third Party e-Distribution List:

Gripshift
Crash Carnage Ciaos
Wheel of Fortune

credit goes to Elder @ ps3forums. :D

It's a nice early lineup though. I'll be getting flOw, Blast Factor, Lemmings and Gripshift from the games shown. I guess that Criminal Crackdown game will be Jaffe's so that's a definite must.

Doom_Bringer said:
these mini games are free right?

No, they aren't mini games. They're full games but sold over Sony's network like Live Arcade games are sold on the 360.

Mercury definitely needs to be apart of this list. It's a perfect game for the SIXAXIS controller. Anyways, the list is looking nice. I can't wait to see more.

mood

Wow at Blast Factor :lol Its like they played Geometry Wars and Mutant Storm and said copy those games.

GeoramA

SolidSnakex said:
It's a nice early lineup though. I'll be getting flOw, Blast Factor, Lemmings and Gripshift from the games shown. I guess that Criminal Crackdown game will be Jaffe's so that's a definite must.
I'm kinda interested in Wheel of Fortune as well. Playing it on the NES with friends is still very fun.

GeoramA said:
I'm kinda interested in Wheel of Fortune as well. Playing it on the NES with friends is still very fun.

It should be online so I might pick it up also. I did play games like that when I was younger but haven't played any of those game show games in years.

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The TGS demo should be there and it was likely going to be the section we saw in the new screens released.

NT needs to get their acts together and put a new demo out. Their absence at TGS was total BS, Heavenly Sword still has alot to prove.

tehama

It's a PS3 Gamers Day, not just a 'Gamers Day' so don't expect there to be other systems in the PS family showcased. Also, the section of time marked for the hands on time is called 'Playstation 3 Arcade.' That's what the focus will be on.

Kittonwy said:
NT needs to get their acts together and put a new demo out. Their absence at TGS was total BS, Heavenly Sword still has alot to prove.

It wasn't BS, there was a bug in it and they tried to get it cleaned up but couldn't. Unlike some companies that showed up there they didn't want t heir game constantly crashing on people while playing.

PleoMax said:
Holy shit...that blast game is like a total Geometry wars rip off, sony trully has no shame.

Tell me about it, this is the first time i've ever seen a game rip off another.

Ok, I no longer think that Jaffe's game is Blast Factor. I guess it might be Crash Carnage Chaos instead or something else. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see everything unveiled.

tehama

What I think is interesting is that out of that list of 22 third party titles, only 4 are games that are exclusive and not on 360. Out of those:

RR7: RR6 was out last year on 360
Full Auto 2: Full Auto was out on 360 back in Feb
Mobile Suit Gundam: Another Gundam is being developed on 360
Untold Legends: well, that one doesnt count, lol

Rice-Eater said:
Ok, I no longer think that Jaffe's game is Blast Factor. I guess it might be Crash Carnage Chaos instead or something else. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see everything unveiled.

It wouldn't be CCC as that's a 3rd party game. The 3rd Sony downloadable game was a game called Criminal Crackdown which isn't shown here. That's likely Jaffe's game. This is apparently some artwork from CC

criminalcrackdownju5.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
tehama said:
What I think is interesting is that out of that list of 22 third party titles, only 4 are games that are exclusive and not on 360. Out of those:

Well there's certainly something that's never been discussed on this forum multiples times beaten to death with a g*$#*%$#* stick. Oh wait you're talking about the Gamer's Day list and not the launch list... doesn't matter same difference.

Agent X

SolidSnakex said:
Kickass that Gripshift is coming though.

Quoted for truth! :)

Good to hear about some of the other downloadable games they're offering, too. I'm a huge Lemmings fan, so that's another one on my list. I hope they reveal the pricing of these games soon!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Global Online Creature Sharing – Gamers can check on everything from how much they’ve eaten, to how large their creature is, to how they’ve evolved, and much more, then compare it to the rest of the world.
if there was one thing flow needed, it was that. cool stuff.

Dante

tehama said:

Uhhh you forgot the most important one. VF5 :)

tehama

DarienA said:
Oh wait you're talking about the Gamer's Day list and not the launch list... doesn't matter same difference.

Not quite. The Gamer's Day contains some titles that aren't going to launch with the system. One such example is Heavenly Sword.

Dahbomb

Well if he had said Launch 3rd party exclusive PS3 titles he would be correct.

However... does that list confirm VF5 for PS3 launch? :D It's listed among all launch games aside from Virtua Tennis 3.

Top Bottom