• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games Giveaway (PC) - Helping DocSeuss

FYC

Banned
Sorry for being so late, stuff happened. Anyways,

The winner of Not The Robots is Skyzard!

The winner of Commandos 3 is pupo!

The winner of Lucius is PLASTICA-MAN!

Congratulations y'all, check your PMs.

DocSeuss

Current situation: stressed beyond all recognition. Apparently, my boss's boss--the one she told me she presented the 'evidence' to--has no idea what she's talking about, and has requested information from her. He says he wants to speak with me later this week.

Also got the disability paperwork, am pitching some stuff, and may be going to the doctor this week.

It sounds good, but I'm really not sure how much longer I can hold up.

EDIT: I'll be taking a sabbatical from GAF for familial reasons. If you want to get a hold of me, most of you should have my contact information. I'm not dead or anything, just requesting a ban so I can take care of some family stuff.

FYC

Banned
The winner of Q.U.B.E. is PLASTICA-MAN!

The winner of Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta is Eternal Darkness!

The winner of Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage is nampad!

Congratulations y'all, check your PMs.

I don't think I've missed anyone...? Well, anyways, big thanks to nampad for donating a bunch of games:

Metal Drift
Race Injection
Zero Gear
Postal
Angvik
Gun Metal
Weird Worlds - Return to Infinite Space
Dark Shadows - Army of Evil
Sanctum 2
Awesomenauts
The Cat Lady
Shadow Man
I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
The 7th Guest
The 11th Hour
Savant - Ascent
RACE: The WTCC Game + Caterham Expansio
Race On
Race Injection
GTR Evolution
GT Legends
Rush Bros
Edna & Harvey - Harvey's New Eyes
A New Beginning - Final Cut
Gateways
Blocks That Matter
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Shank 2
Guns of Icarus Online
Incredipede
Q.U.B.E.
One Finger Death Punch
Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge
Litil Divil
Zeno Clash 2
Symphony
Rock of Ages

FYC

Banned
Doc wanted me to post this for him:

Had a doctor's visit today.

1) She tells me I'm really smart (she's seen the brain scans, so I guess she'd know) and that I'm making good progress.

2) She tells me about a new form of one of the things I'm supposed to take. Should reduce the massive headaches I get, meaning I can actually take it more often.

3) She helps me refine the things I need. Some additions, some subtractions. Overall, it's more focused. Basic lifestyle adjustments too. Lots of the things I've been doing this year are actually good.

4) Still no 'name' for what I have, so it's still gonna be hard to explain to people. Short version is still "my body doesn't process things it's exposed to the way it's supposed to, so that impacts everything from endocrine production to the production of ATP."

5) She gave me a discount on the treatment I need most, so I went ahead and did that. I feel so amazing. It's like... if you've ever walked at the bottom of a deep scuba tank, imagine that pressure. With this treatment, I feel like I've just surfaced and can move normally. It's incredible. Too bad I can't get this every day, which is what I seem to need. That's me, all the time, but with more pain and fatigue.

6) My former EEG/neuro therapist saw me; we talked for about an hour. She gave me a great big hug at the end. Emotionally, this was incredible.

You guys did this. You guys are improving my quality of life--saving it, actually. I can't afford all the things she recommended yet, but yeah. This is going to work. Healthwise, I'll be okay in no time.

Nothing's changed on the job front, still waiting to hear back about the investigation into my dismissal. Fingers crossed the ex-boss gets some sweet, sweet justice and I find employment or get a game kickstarter going before the Fall.

Right now, it feels like I'm hanging on a rope that's about to snap, but I'm feelin' like... "yeah, I can get out of this. Not sure how yet, but I will."

Anyways, yeah, for personal reasons, I've got myself suspended from GAF for a while.

Don't worry.

tumblr_mgl0x9wzRO1qkrfsjo1_500.gif

Should come bearing nice surprises, if the timeline works out.

I appreciate all your help. I can definitely still use more. But I'm hopeful now, and happy. I legitimately feel like I can survive this now, more than I have before. I love you guys. Peace.

There are three days left! I know pretty much everyone who wanted to donate did so already (thanks again all!) but maybe the giveaways should be ushered, GON?

Sorry, I'm having a bit of a brain fart. What exactly do you mean by ushered?

Acccent

wow, great news :)

Sorry, I'm having a bit of a brain fart. What exactly do you mean by ushered?

I mean that it's kinda useless to have the giveaways continue after the fundraiser's ending date, though admittedly it does no harm. So I think it'd be fine if you just split the remaining games in two groups and distribute one each day. Less work for you :p (btw I can help if you want!)

FYC

Banned
I mean that it's kinda useless to have the giveaways continue after the fundraiser's ending date, though admittedly it does no harm. So I think it'd be fine if you just split the remaining games in two groups and distribute one each day. Less work for you :p (btw I can help if you want!)

Oooh, okay. Sure. I'll get right on that.

E: Actually I think just letting everyone enter for any game(hell, you can enter for all of 'em if you want) is easier

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Great news to hear, let's all keep going forward with the best spirits possible.

As for the remaining giveaway, I would like Blocks That Matter or Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I did my part and donated a few weeks ago so I hope that everything goes well.

These are the games that I'd like:

One Finger Death Punch
Limbo
Shadow Man

Tellaerin

Really glad to hear things are going well. Doc is good people.

As for the games that are left, I'd like Angvik, if possible.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I want The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour.

Myshkin

I would like 100% Orange Juice if no one else wants it.
I have already received a game.

Hope Doc has some good news coming.

If One Finger Death Punch is still up for grabs, I'd like to put myself in the running for that, and I guess the Counter Strike stuff if any of that ends up being left over.

I hadn't checked in on this thread in a while, so it's good to hear the good news, Doc. I'm rooting for you, man!

Aerocrane

If One Finger Death Punch is still up for grabs, I'd like to put myself in the running for that, and I guess the Counter Strike stuff if any of that ends up being left over.

I'll fight you for that copy of One Finger Death Punch.

Best of luck to you Doc, seems things are already turning over to slightly better :)

Dambrosi

Banned
It's great to hear all the actual and potential good news from Doc. I really hope your situation turns around the way you want it to. Have a nice World Cup sabbatical from GAF, and don't forget to follow all the E3 streams with us, even if only in spirit!

Since the giveaway's still (?) going, and I got majorly lucky last time, I'll enter once more for Symphony, if you don't mind. Me and shmups, I know. :p

Acccent

The fundraiser is now closed, thanks again – let me repeat that – THANKS to all of you, whether you donated or not, and huge thanks to GON for this giveaway. $2359 is way more than Doc expected, but I assure you it's not too much and all of it will help a lot and some good news have already been appearing, but most of all what's important is that this cheered him up and gave him the strength to go on and fight. This kind of support can go a long way in overcoming the kind of issues that Doc's been facing, and while he's not in the clear yet, he's definitely on his way. thanks thanks thanks.

FYC

Banned
Annnnd that's it, check your PMs y'all. To people who donated games, if yours is still on the list, it means nobody took it, so you can do with 'em as you please. If you gifted me a game on Steam(I think I only have a copy of Gun Monkeys and Aeana sitting in my inventory) and you want it back, lemme know.

Thank you so much to everyone who donated and posted. I never dreamed so many people would have thrown in games or that we'd raise this much.

Dambrosi

Banned
Annnnd that's it, check your PMs y'all. To people who donated games, if yours is still on the list, it means nobody took it, so you can do with 'em as you please. If you gifted me a game on Steam(I think I only have a copy of Gun Monkeys and Aeana sitting in my inventory) and you want it back, lemme know.

Thank you so much to everyone who donated and posted. I never dreamed so many people would have thrown in games or that we'd raise this much.
Hah, they're my "contributions", I'll bet. Seems nobody else wanted them either! Well, feel free to do whatever you want with them, I didn't want them back anyway. (Does that come off as crass? What I meant was that if you can find a use for them, please do, since I already own the games and don't have any use for spare copies.)

Oh, and many thanks for Symphony! That's 2 for 2 - better odds than Modbot in the Steam thread!

Myshkin

and... I received 100% Orange Juice. I feel like Milamber.
Thanks to GON., Accent, and _hekk05.

I reckon DocSeuss will be back online next week. Let's not forget him!

DocSeuss

and... I received 100% Orange Juice. I feel like Milamber.
Thanks to GON., Accent, and _hekk05.

I reckon DocSeuss will be back online next week. Let's not forget him!

Well, it's been a great deal more than a week.

Thanks to you guys, I survived the summer, got some sorely-needed medical treatment, and was able to last long enough to get a job. Is it the best job? Nah--doesn't even pay rent, but I'm using school funds and whatever I earn from freelancing (I got published a few times this summer! People seemed to like 'em!) for that. Looks like I should be able survive until next summer, maybe longer. It'll be rough, but I think I can make it. I'd hoped to have another surprise to show, but it's not quite ready yet.

You guys more or less saved my life.

I literally cannot express how grateful I am, so I did the next best thing. Here's a games giveaway.

Much love, ya'll.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Glad to see the YouCare thing helped a bit. And welcome back, Doc! That everything might go better from now on. :)

Top Bottom