• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games/Series that need to be brought back or that you'd like to see sequels for

Off the top of my head, these would all be absolutely killer:

Dark Cloud III
- The first two Dark Cloud games were solid RPGs with a unique flavor/style, solid stories and rewarding gameplay
- I think a new game in the series would still sell quite well even today
- Level-5 even wants to make a new one, but Sony has to greenlight the project first unfortunately (which they havent)

Jak & Daxter reboot / Jak 4
- J&D games were always excellent 3D action/platformers
- The industry could use more quality 3D platformer games, they dont get enough love and done right they're very fun games
- Naughty Dog generally has very good story telling abilities, and with the graphical leap since PS2 it would look gorgeous

Resistance: Fall of Man remake
- This game, it's style and it's ambience could really be brought to life with better graphics on PS5
- The online multiplayer was very, very good and thoroughly enjoyable (I never actually got tired of it honestly, was bummed out they took it offline)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remake (or FFX-3 O_O)
- Game's themes, story, characters and gameplay were all great (although the combat is turn based, personally I liked it because it plays more like chess and emphasizes strategy)
- FFX is one of the best received/most coveted FF games Square's made
- FFX looks dated graphics wise and would look gorgeous with current gen graphics
- Square Enix has already shown they're not above remaking older FF titles
- If it's a point of interest to bring it into the current market, gameplay could be re-engineered to be more similar to FF7 Remake (if they did it correctly)

Final Fantasy 9 Remake
- Needs to be remade for modern consoles
- It's one of the best FF games

Bioshock 4 / Bioshock series
- The original Bioshock games were great and the atmosphere was very alluring, gritty, and well thought out
- I feel like this series has potential to be massive if it was executed right

Shadow of the Colossus II
- Original game was very good and I think naturally this game deserves a sequel instead of being a one-off goat

Portal III
- The way the Portal games blend puzzles, the first person perspective and an interesting background storyline is very unique
- Series deserves further entries, and the formula is replicatable

Nioh III
- Previous Nioh games were great, no reason to stop

Burnout 3: Takedown / Original Burnout series
- Good Burnout games are tons of fun, nuff said

Silent Hill series
- Good horror games, we need more good horror titles
- Handled properly these would have a ton of potential

Dead Space 4 / Dead Space reboot
- Unique horror game series that deserves to continue
- Previous games were well received
- We need more good survival horror games
- If the developers tweak the formula to appeal to the masses a bit more while retaining it's character it'd be ill

Bloodborne II
- Original was great and well received
- I feel like we need more harder games like these

Demons Souls II
- Original was great and very well recevived
- I feel like we need more harder games like these

Zelda remakes
- Link's Awakening remake for the Switch was great
- If they released more of these remakes of old Zelda games in the same style I bet they'll sell very well

Pac Man World series
- Feel like Pac Man has potential to be a really solid 3D platformer game series if they give it the proper attention it deserves and flesh it out well
- They explored it before but the idea should be revisited and given a solid stab, avoiding what didnt work before and innovating where possible

WarCraft 4 (RTS)
- Been waiting for this game for a long while, a new RTS WarCraft game would be good
- I'd be most excited for it because of a renewed mod community, WarCraft 3 spawned so many good mods (including DotA: AllStars, even if it started on StarCraft prior)
- Blizzard would have to not try to own every mod people make for the game though, thats a major turn off to it

What other games/series do you think are long overdue to return, need sequels, or still have major potential in them? Explain your reasoning, lets have an interesting discussion about why the games you have in mind should return.

Last edited:
Tvtrcax.jpg

The gameplay was incredible and I remember thinking that it outdid Zelda games in many ways (jumping, running and climbing !). Still disappointed that they were never given another chance to build upon this first very promising game.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I hope a more capable studio than Bioware take on Mass Effect 4. It's been too long since Mass Effect 3 and we have had no Mass Effect games since. None.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
We have this thread every few weeks and my answer is always the same....

Dino Crisis
Silent Hill

I'm confident Silent Hill will happen soon but Dino Crisis... Come on Capcom.... Just fucking to it.

Tiamat2san

-Dead rising with a new developer without focus testing and that understand what dead rising is.

-rival school

-darkstalker in 2D or in 2.5D with characters made in the DB fighterZ/guilty gears style.

-FF6

-silent hill

-project zero (next gen only)

-Dead Space

-Lost odyssey (remake)

-onimusha

-PGR

-killer instinct (I need KI2 )

-Lost planet (next gen only)

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Rival Schools/Project Justice, Jet Set Radio, Darkstalkers, Onimusha, Power Stone, Mille Miglia, Golden Axe, Columns, Road Rash.

Onimusha
Klonoa
Dark Cloud
Zone of the Enders
Skies of Arcadia
Outrun
Castelvania
Blue Dragon
The Bouncer (I'm serious the game had potential)
Anything by Fumito Ueda
Resogun
Bloodborne
Panzer Dragoon

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
1. Megalomania

A real classic from the wonderful Sensible Software, they of the wonderful Sensible Soccer. It's just such a fun twist on strategy games and for me the voice work really added to the charm. Not sure it could be made today, as I think most of those involved have left the industry and having different people do it would probably not recapture the magic.

2. Mercenary/Damocles

We had Mercenary, Damocles and Mercenary 3 - The Dion Crisis. I didn't play Mercenary but I played the sequels and they were amazing - true works of genius from the wonderful Paul Woakes. Sadly he's no longer with us, so a sequel would be missing something pretty essential, but a man can dream.

Please, do not touch FFIX. It is in its ideal form, minus some visual tweaks that can be implemented without ruining everything else.

Portal and Burnout I can get behind.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
1. Megalomania

A real classic from the wonderful Sensible Software, they of the wonderful Sensible Soccer. It's just such a fun twist on strategy games and for me the voice work really added to the charm. Not sure it could be made today, as I think most of those involved have left the industry and having different people do it would probably not recapture the magic.

2. Mercenary/Damocles

We had Mercenary, Damocles and Mercenary 3 - The Dion Crisis. I didn't play Mercenary but I played the sequels and they were amazing - true works of genius from the wonderful Paul Woakes. Sadly he's no longer with us, so a sequel would be missing something pretty essential, but a man can dream.

Solid choices there chief. I'd love to see them remade, or even just jazzed up a bit for modern hardware.

kuncol02

Banned
Earth 21xx series, proper Painkiller and new Schizm game are my types (Mysterious Journey for English speaking people).

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
shining force 1, 2 and 3 remake

just give me shining force 2 amd we can call it a day
On that topic of old Mega Drive games that need to be brought into a more modern era. I'd like to see a newer version of Altered Beast and Land Stalker. I'll add Golden Axe in there, too.

Last edited:

DJR

I always enjoyed White Knight Chronicles 2 on the PS3, especially the online aspect. I'd love a reboot or a follow on adventure!

CitizenX

Banned
Im going to throw out an old dark horse, Captain America Super Soldier 2011. It was basically a budget title but dang if it was way better than ever expected. Yes it was a Batman combat clone, but it barely scratched the surface of the CA world. It was released prior to the movies and why it was never even given a chance makes no sense. Throwing around a shield at Knatzis, come on. Plus it would make so manny people cry today.

After Sony’s stream of successful new IP‘s and complete turnaround in 3rd party relations during the PS4 era...

...I’m very curious what a PlayStation All-Stars 2 would look like on PS5.

EZEnbjcXsAU7gvX.jpg

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

i’d love a remake or new take on this game. i hope one day i could play this on BC, spent a lot of time as kid playing this when i was really into aliens and predator stuff but i doubt it will ever happen :messenger_downcast_sweat:
LCzbfq0.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to see this game get a second chance.
51KP2Q5357L._AC_.jpg

I love the character design and it has unique gameplay.

Top Bottom