• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that are exclusive/enhanced on the New 3DS

Great info. I would be happy if we could just get a few more exclusives even if just Wii ports. Like Pandora's Tower and The Last Story. Doesn't look hopeful at this point with all the focus shifting to the NX.

TheMoon

Really? In the Iwata asks they say that they added it just for new 3ds. They even delayed the game for it.

478470_back.jpg

yup, note the CPP support icon

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I was quite surprised with how Majora's Mask 3D had no N3DS enhancements. It was in development for a very long time though.

Badge Arcade is definitely enhanced.

Also Xenoblade is available on Wii and is downloadable on Wii U.

Not in North America. Hell, it's barely available on Wii in North America. The port was a big deal. Other than a rare audio and eventually gameplay freezing issue (generally small because of save anywhere) it was a phenomenal port that actually ran better at certain times (the fight with
Lorithia
for one). Load times were improved too and the texture downgrade was mostly minimal. Additionally it was not released in super-limited physical quantities in North America this time and the collection mode was pretty cool. There's a lot of reasons to love Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, taking nothing from DSi exclusive software. No need to sell it short.

Great thread!

Collectible Badge Center/Nintendo Badge Arcade is another game that's New 3DS enhanced.

Load times are at least twice as fast, and it keeps more crane games in system memory. So when you cycle through the games at the arcade you see each one instantly, whereas on an original 3DS it can take some time to load them (a blind covers the glass screen. These blinds never appear on N3DS).

I just watched some Hyrule Warriors footage on the old 3DS and......damn. Its the first game in a while that justified me upgrading my system.

I think this is the thread to ask.

I want a 3DS system to play the Pokemon games. Does the New3DS enhance those games? Does it matter in which system you're going to play them ?

3DSXL is much cheaper than the New3DS, so maybe I just buy that one.

LewieP

Can I see a source for Nintendo saying part of the purpose of the New 3DS was to facilitate ports of Wii/home console games? I have a vague recollection of this, but don't know when they said it, or exactly what they said.

Can I see a source for Nintendo saying part of the purpose of the New 3DS was to facilitate ports of Wii/home console games? I have a vague recollection of this, but don't know when they said it, or exactly what they said.
It stemmed from Reggie talking about the potential of more Wiimakes/ports while talking about Xenoblade 3D. (This was before the announcement of Twilight Princess HD)

TheMoon

hey ArtHands, I hope you keep this updated!

OP is still missing some additions from the first page. (like Paper Jam)

RedShift

I want a 3DS system to play the Pokemon games. Does the New3DS enhance those games? Does it matter in which system you're going to play them ?

The games aren't improved on new 3ds, unless you use home brew to unlock the extra CPU power. Still a stuttery mess on either system.

On the other hand Pokemon Z or X2/Y2 or whatever will probably have n3ds exclusive features.

PantsuJo

In US? Here in Europe we have a paradox: now the n3ds and n3ds XL are much cheaper than the old 3ds/3ds XL. At least, in Amazon and big stores I see N3ds XL at 149,99€ while the old XL is still at 179,99.

Roufianos

I still can't believe the N3DS is even a thing. Based on the support, it seems it was just a last minute attenpt to milk the fanbase before an actual successor.

shiyrley

Banned
Majora's Mask DOES support the circle pad pro, not only the c-stick. In fact it's not even N3DS enhanced, it just detects the c-stick as a circle pad pro. You can even "disable the circle pad pro" in the options while playing on a N3DS.

And Hyrule Warriors DOES support the c-stick.

Regiruler

not really , you can't compare the circle pad pro to the C stick, especially for this game.

Definitely. Circle Pad Pro is far and away a better way to play a lot of games. It's fine for slower paced stuff like S.T.E.A.M. or basic functionality like TFH, but it's atrocious for movement in Kid Icarus.

PtM

Banned
OP, MH4U on O3DS reboots into the same priority mode as Sm4sh, so no browser etc.

And going by the video you linked, so does MHX.

In US? Here in Europe we have a paradox: now the n3ds and n3ds XL are much cheaper than the old 3ds/3ds XL. At least, in Amazon and big stores I see N3ds XL at 149,99€ while the old XL is still at 179,99.

Chile. 3DSXl (specially used) are up to $140 cheaper than a n3DS. And packed with games.is like $100 cheaper.

I still can't believe the N3DS is even a thing. Based on the support, it seems it was just a last minute attenpt to milk the fanbase before an actual successor.
Its no different to the RAM expansion pack on the N64, only a handful of games needed it but several were improved by it.

I'm happy with how the system has been used, gives a much better playing experience to certain games.

Hyrule Warriors almost made my New3DS crash on the game menu. Horrible screen-tearing too. I had to turn the system off and back on to make it stop. What the hell is wrong with this game?

Doczu

Explain what you mean by run any game with the power...

He probably meant HANS. With HANS you can run all games in quadcore/804mhz mode that boosts speed in many of them, run translation patches etc.
So any game that doesn't have it's speed harcoded can benefit from HANS, although it may cause glitches and bugs that were never before.
And from what i know HANS doesn't support the CPP in the o3DS, so i'm not sure if the c-stick is usable in games.

EDIT:
not really , you can't compare the circle pad pro to the C stick, especially for this game.
That's like the only game that i had problems with when i started using the c-stick. But after some adapting and settings in the options it finally clicked.
Even in MGS3D i didn't have so many targeting problems.

I was just looking for this information yesterday. There was no Wikipedia article. Is Xenoblade the only retail release that is n3DS exclusive?

Top Bottom