• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that are exclusive/enhanced on the New 3DS

PtM

Banned
There's a misunderstanding, the point is, N3DS doesn't need a priority mode and yes multitasking.
Just use a similar line as for Smash, "Miiverse/Browser not disabled. System won't restart when booting/shutting down the game".

There's also the integrated NFC for amiibo Smash.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
There's a misunderstanding, the point is, N3DS doesn't need a priority mode and yes multitasking.
Just use a similar line as for Smash, "Miiverse/Browser not disabled. System won't restart when booting/shutting down the game".

There's also the integrated NFC for amiibo Smash.

You mean for MH4U? Alright, i updated it.

Added lego stars war ep 7 too

As someone thinking about upgrading to an XL, this is a pretty useful thread. Doesn't look like I'll miss out on anything grabbing a original XL for cheap rather than a n3DS.

If you ever want to use 3D the new 3DS is definitely the way to go. It's much better on N3DS, and faster loading times are a big plus as well. You should only consider old 3DS if you are really short on money.

dadjumper

If you ever want to use 3D the new 3DS is definitely the way to go. It's much better on N3DS, and faster loading times are a big plus as well. You should only consider old 3DS if you are really short on money.

Agreed. They're both fairly affordable at this point, and if you care at all about the 3D, or ever want to use a second stick, N3DS is the way to go. That soap dish circle pad monstrosity is garbage.

Tamanator

Not to mention the N3DS is just a better model in general. Definitely worth the price difference to have a better playing experience.

Doczu

Possible second retail exclusive for n3DS (or a typo/error)?

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has a n3DS version mentioned on amazon
CaLJY_tWQAEpmMR.jpg:orig

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178559

Are you telling me the n3ds speakers are even worse somehow than the og?

They produce slightly less rich sound, but go just as loud, if not more. Original 3DS speakers are definitely still best for orchestrated music/live instruments.

Definitely leaps and bounds better than the 3DS XL speakers though, which used a different design.

From what I've seen of the N3DS speakers their design is similar to the original 3DS speakers, but they are a different shape due to the thinner bezels (have straight sides rather than entirely round)

PtM

Banned
They produce slightly less rich sound, but go just as loud, if not more. Original 3DS speakers are definitely still best for orchestrated music/live instruments.

Definitely leaps and bounds better than the 3DS XL speakers though, which used a different design.

From what I've seen of the N3DS speakers their design is similar to the original 3DS speakers, but they are a different shape due to the thinner bezels (have straight sides rather than entirely round)
I don't know about orchestras, but I hear the difference in the music of an Animal Crossing Home Designer theme.

breakfuss

Someone want to explain to us laymen how to do the homebrew/overclock thing? Or link a guide? I'd think it'd be impossible at this point given the fw updates they constantly release.

Shantae also supports the Circle Pad Pro.

Someone want to explain to us laymen how to do the homebrew/overclock thing? Or link a guide? I'd think it'd be impossible at this point given the fw updates they constantly release.

The programmer (or one of them, I don't know) behind the homebrew channel for the 3DS has a video on his account showing how to do it.

Boney

Banned
It'd be interesting to note which games benefit the most from overclocking.

Having a decent frame rate for pokemon sounds nice.

Good thread. I am using my original 3ds XL from 2012, but I am considering upgrading eventually.

Quick weapon switching in Gunvolt sounds nice.

RS4-

Now I'm not too sure if I still buy the o3ds xl or the n3ds xl. I'll get the new one if I can find someone selling it for $30 more than the old. Right now, I don't think the extra $100 in price difference is close to worth it.

I upgraded my Japanese 3DS to a N3DS and I *think* Rhythm Tengoku: Best Plus has better load times, not certain though, but the loading screens are now shorter. It could of course be the microSD, though both my SD and microSD cards were class10.

decaf

I only use a n3DSXL these days , but I hate to think Nintendo Badge Arcade can run even slower than it already does.

region free , you can play games from any region.
emulations machine , you can play SNES and GBA games at full speed
you can even play virtual boy games with 3D.

This is all very interesting, especially the bolded. I'm not going to drop that much cash for a third 3DS right now but when they go on discount I think I'm in.

I just watched some Hyrule Warriors footage on the old 3DS and......damn. Its the first game in a while that justified me upgrading my system.

Yikes, getting flashbacks to Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop.

Just picked up Splash or Crash 2, yup, it's 60fps on N3DS, including when the 3D is on. The first game was 30fps all the time, 2D or 3D. So I'm guessing this boost to Framerate is the enhancement

Why are SNES VC games so quiet on the n3DS? I can barely hear them. They must play at half volume or even less than regular games.

Why is this how it is? :( I know, headphones, whatever. But I don't like to wear headphones.

I don't know of this is the case with NES or GB games too, since I only have SNES games.

Top Bottom