• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that disappointed you this generation

Ryu Kaiba

(8th) This past generation was a great one. While there were some bumps along the way we managed to get a lot of fantastic titles and instant classics. That being said I want to know what games you were anxiously awaiting that ended up letting you down.
This isn't meant to bash any game or studio, as we can all guess some of the more obvious responses, but lets hear what game/developer/studio ended up disappointing you and hopefully will gratify you with their next release.

For me there are 3 in particular that come to mind:

Death Stranding
Like many I love Kojima's previous work and think he's an important part of this industry but my goodness.. what a tedious over-dramatic and convoluted joke of a game. Giving Kojima too much free reign is a mistake. I gave the game a good few hours but the thought of trudging through more of that barren world stumbling over rocks and hearing endless nonsensical rambling felt like an actual chore. Luckily I was able to get some enjoyment out of watching others suffer through it:

Still want Kojima games in my life and can't wait to see what will come next, but hopefully he allows an editor to work on the team.

Sonic Forces
Coming from Sonic Generations one would think Sonic Team was steadily improving but as always its one step forward, four steps back.

Hopefully this bit of news is a sign that things will change: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/soni...pment-for-longer-for-quality-reasons.1543410/

Pokemon Sword & Shield
(Technically 9th Gen I guess)
I'm naively wanting to give game freak the benefit of the doubt, Pokemon development runs on a tight schedule and these games clearly had their roots started on the 3DS. Hopefully we'll see something more ambitious with the next new entry or the remakes, but even more then the visuals I really hope they wake up to the fact that they are serving a wider demographic then 8 yr olds to whom even this game was too hand holdy for.

Hopefully with them moving in with Nintendo they get whatever help or inspiration they need to finally raise the bar. The Game Boy entries are still the best Pokemon games don't @ me.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Origins were massive letdowns. Possibly my least favorite entries in the series. Haven't gotten to Odyssey yet, but I'm probably gonna keep playing the series as I hope for a turnaround.
Far Cry 4 disappointed me, there's Ubisoft again. Guess it's cross-gen, might not count. Far Cry Primal was totally sick though, loved that cro-magnon sim.

Life is Strange 2 is the worst game I've played recently. What a terrible experience.

Call of Cthulhu wasn't great. Had plenty for me to like, but in the end I still prefer Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Agents of Mayhem, oh no, I couldn't bring myself to finish that one. I have no clue how Saints Row's devs fucked that up. Every single mechanic is a downgrade from Saints Row, from the driving to the gunplay, but honestly, the worst part was probably the dialogue. I think I might've even muted it.

Moogle11

Banned
Anthem and Destiny would be the big ones for me (I know Destiny 1 was cross gen).

I was hoping to get an MMO light experience from one or the other with good stories and great shooter gameplay as I tend to not like the combat or gameplay in MMO type games and hate that we don't have more shooters with good, long stories.

Both were games I liked the gameplay a lot, but the story's were underwhelming (or outright bad in Anthem's case) and repeating content over and over to do harder versions of said content more easily just isn't my cup of tea.

The Borderlands games come close to what I want, Fallout to some extent. But really I just want more things like Mass Effect to have games where I enjoy both the gameplay/combat and story and characters and dialogue. Most games I end up liking just one or the other.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
new assassin creeds, enjoyed the combat of the old ones much more. Valhalla was enjoyable but black flag/syndicate were the high marks of the series.

last of us 2, to miserable for my taste

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep and Beyond Light. Love the base game but dam shadow keep was to much old stuff and beyond light took away to much stuff.

Bournetobewild

Neo Member
It's more about genres for me. The entire fighting game genre for instance was a super let down compared to previous gens.

Basically all open world games and walking sims.

Patrick S.

Banned
No Man's Sky on release. Most of the stuff I was looking forward to wasn't even in the game. Of course the game is in a much better state now.

Mad Max. I know it's highly regarded, but the 3-4 hours I've played I was bored to tears with it. Didn't feel it at all.

Cyberpunk. I'm enjoying it, but the game isn't at all what it was hyped up and promised to be.

Last edited:
MGSV

This game might be the most disappointing game of all time for me. What a boring fucking game, amazing gunplay and tools at your disposal but everything else just sucks and it’s a chore to play. The multiplayer was even more disappointing, especially after MGO2 went offline as it was my favourite online game of all time.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

What a mediocre follow up to the incredible HR. Everything about this game was a huge step down except maybe the soundtrack, which was also a bit of a step down.

Uncharted 4

Alright this is a weird one, because it’s still a pretty good game but I find it weak compared to the first three, the pacing is absolutely terrible, average set pieces, mediocre locations, mediocre puzzles, boxes to help you reach places randomly placed everywhere, somehow all the boxes look the same regardless if you’re in a crowded modern city or someplace that hasn’t been touched by civilization in and extremely long time. Sam sucked. No fun supernatural twist. The soundtrack was meh. Weak multiplayer support, Crappy survival mode compared to 2 and 3. Amazing gunplay though.

I have many more, but this is my top three.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Witcher 3. I'm fine with a downgrade, but my god the missing faces, sounds cutting out randomly, flying horses or roach not being able to cross a bridge, corrupted save is where I draw the line. I like Witcher 1 better then the last 2.

Cyberpunk 2077, could write a book with all the shit that went wrong with that game, I wish my issues with Witcher 3 where JUST what I had with CP2077 lol Its the fundamental design of so much missing shit like non existent AI that literally won't hunt you down, live behind cover, are dumb deaf and blind. I was literally in shock with just how fucking stupid the AI was for a game releasing in 2020 with such a high budget. I criticize the team often, but I never expected something like that. Like...never.

Generation Zero. The game is so bare bones its not even funny. I like the whole 1980's setting in some alternate universe with mechs........that is where my like for anything in the game ends lol I like what it could be with sequels.

Looking back at the generation, I realize some games are much, much more shitter then others with a lot more issues and maybe they shouldn't be lumped into this as i feel things could be far worse, those 3 titles (likely a few more) are the only ones I can remember many, many times saying out loud "what the fuck did they do" or "what the fuck were they thinking" .

I was going to likely list Final Fantasy XV and Metal Gear Solid V, but I realized I never had any issues with those games playing it, performance was fine, gameplay was fine. I simply don't like Metal Gear Solid's V story, but its gameplay is rock solid, same with FFXV. Shit story, but amazing world, fun gameplay, great performance. Even Resident Evil 3 remake, I wish they had the clocktower stuff, but its a rock solid game and after years of RE being in that action shit, beggars can't be choosers, I'm trying to get what I can get lol

So I'll only really put in my disappointments with titles that functionally fucked up, missing tons of content promised or assumed logically, corrupt shit etc.

Honorable mention. No Man Sky. They never needed to lie to gamers like that. They omitted so much information, they deserve the hate that they got. Gamers are open to early access, MMO, working titles etc. It was online already, telling us that it was some GAAS title at the very least is open so people understand you are still working on it, not just shutting down and letting people believe all those trailers represented stuff in the game. Because they did turn it around and add so much content, its hard to really continue to hold that against them considering the size of the team and the nature of online gaming being dynamic.

Last edited:

yunkaiza

From best to worst:

3: Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Boring copy paste settlements, shit stealth and bad combat. Map is waaaaaaaay too fucking big and by the end of it I thought the game was deliberately trying wasting my time.

2: FFXV. Some of the worst ARPG combat I've experienced and one of the worst open worlds I've ever experienced. Almost every character in this game fucking sucks and the story is shit. Still pissed we didn't get Versus XIII.

1: Cyberpunk. This one just makes me sad. I don't care about bugs or crashes the game is just missing too much, the only one here I couldn't even bring myself to complete.

EDMIX

From best to worst:

3: Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Boring copy paste settlements, shit stealth and bad combat. Map is waaaaaaaay too fucking big and by the end of it I thought the game was deliberately trying wasting my time.

2: FFXV. Some of the worst ARPG combat I've experienced and one of the worst open worlds I've ever experienced. Almost every character in this game fucking sucks and the story is shit. Still pissed we didn't get Versus XIII.

1: Cyberpunk. This one just makes me sad. I don't care about bugs or crashes the game is just missing too much, the only one here I couldn't even bring myself to complete.

I didn't play it yet, but bought it on sale. I liked Origins, like a lot and bought Odyssey based on that. So I didn't play the other AC titles as I only beat AC 1....hated it and proceeded to ignore the series and bought Origins.

So I don't really know if this view is based on AC Odyssey itself or in comparison to the other ones I didn't play. As I tend to like those open world RPGs....that be big lol

MGS V: Not a bad game. Great gameplay but the story was clearly unfinished and Konami made a right balls up of it.

Halo 5: Solid gun play. Fun MP but the campaign is the weakest of the series. Full of uninteresting characters, boring bullet sponge enemies and only 3 levels of Master Chief?

Halo MCC: Worse game launch. Took too long to fix and lost interest by the time it was fixed. Heard it is in a much better state now.

Resident Evil 3: Clearly intended as an add-on for RE2. All of the great moments from original game are taken away and worse that Capcom wanted to charge RRP for it. Least I rented it.

Cyberpunk 2077: I can't comment on poor performance or crashes on my PC but the game felt very empty.

GHG

Gold Member
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - Need I explain?
  • Project Cars 2 and 3 - Just gets worse and worse as the series goes on, at least we have Automobilista 2 to save us
  • Forza Horizon 4 - Can be summed up with one GIF:
giphy.gif

Step down from FH3, stuffed to the brim with shite that has nothing to do with racing and overall it's your A-Z "trying to appeal to millennials who may or may not give a shit about cars/racing. Everyone's a winner and I hope you like clothing. FM7 only narrowly doesn't make this list as well, step down from FM6 for me, in general the series is trending in a direction that's really not for me.
  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst - How to fuck up a cult franchise 101
  • Uncharted 4 - Boring
  • Fallout 4 - Stop calling this abomination an RPG
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood - pandering trash
  • Rage 2 - Takes great gunplay and then throws it all into a monotonous open world game.
  • Batman Arkham Knight (PC) - What a joke
  • Just Cause 3 - Just Cause 2 was one of my games of the previous gen and they ruined it with this entry. Nowhere near as fun or imaginative.
  • Sunset Overdrive - Sorry, just not for me.
  • Thief (2014) - You ruined it.
I'm sure there are other games I'm forgetting but those spring to mind.

CitizenZ

Banned
Really good question for discussion i will probably add more but here are a few though all have one thing in common, i didnt hate them(except those with an *), most are actually really good but i expected more.

1. Borderlands 3- Epic exclusive, not one thing about the story or characters was interesting at ALL. The worst part the online is either broke or no one is playing(over 150 hrs. might have played online 10hrs). I couldnt even get friends who i played with in the last 2 BL(+all DLC) games to commit.
2. Rage 2/ Mad Max/ Generation Zero- I HIGHLY recommend all the games below but they all should not be just good games but amazing games. Avalanche call me, we can talk about proper RPG system and difficulty. No developer is oozing with talent than this studio but they are missing pieces needed to really push them forward.
3. Insomnia: the Ark- probably the most ambitious Kickstarter game I have ever played. The art direction and ambition is absolute top 10 for myself who favors CRPGs. It released in a bad state, they did a re do patch about 6 months later that fixes most issues but another huge update is down the road. this is a game made by a few people and what was done is incredible and def. if you have the $$$ would want to snag into your stable.
4. The Division 2- Im currently returning to the game and having fun but like a lot of devs. they learned NOTHING from their previous game. NOTHING. Its still fun but dang.
*5. Ghost recon Breakpoint- Go watch a video pre release where they brought in all these cucks who were "super fans" of the GR series and had them play and hype up this piece of sht. Yea, fck off all of you.
*6. AC Odyessy- First AC game i have played since #2, set in my favorite world(greek Mythology) but i have never been so bored. Go play Fenyx Rising its an actual real game.
7. God of War- I like the game but I hated the combat and wish the camera was moved back a little more. No plans to continue as the mythology is not interesting for me. Hope the originals get remastered and come to PC.
8. Wolcen Lords of mayhem- Followed this game from day one and just disappointed. not like the crazy people, just sort of sad.
9. Darksiders 3- WTH has happened to this series? I love the first 2 games of this series and then they try to turn it into Dark Souls WTF? I havent played Genesis which everyone says is good, but thats not Docksiders either.
10. Fallout 76 This actually became my second most played game ever (293 hrs) but lets see exclusive to the Bethesda store? broken and see #2 Bethesda has learned NOTHING. I never have any expectations and never will for anything they do.
11. Prey- I expected more. The world, level design, atmosphere, exploration is top notch but the story is weak and enemies sort of got in the way. IMO the game could have eliminated all the enemies except the 2 main types(mimics and the ones walking around) would have made for a better exp. Still a good game.
12. Special mention to Ghost recon Phantoms- FTP online MP that was abandoned my Ubisoft(of course they never know when they have something good). Always was easy to find a game and there were of course cheaters and PTW was a thing, i guess(i bought a gas mask and one gun) but damn it was fun and the maps were really good. However, begging for new maps took over 2 yrs and by that time it was dead. I really like this game and you can see some influence in movement, cover in Siege.
13. BF franchise. Fck em a perfect example of listening to the "community" if you see anything to this apsect, the game will never recover which this dev. has proven over and over.

A lot of talented devs on this list that have one thing in common, they never learn from their mistakes.

AmuroChan

1. FFXV - Looks pretty, but story is convoluted and some parts of the game were just plain boring.
2. KH III - Lacked the charm of KH I and II.
3. FFVII Remake - It's good, but it could've been special if they had just cut out the bloat.
4. Fallout 4 - Loved Fallout 3 and NV, but Fallout 4 took a step backwards IMO.
5. Halo 5 - Worst Halo campaign by far.
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda - The game took a giant dump on the ME franchise.
7. TLOU II - Did not like the narrative choices of the game.

magnumpy

minecraft was a huge disappointment for me and I will NEVER forgive them for what they have done to me those terrible cretins :(

ssringo

Not too many games that I was excited for prior to release actually let me down. But...

p27ADYN.jpg

...was the main one. I put over 150 hours playing and replaying REmake 2. I just had a lot of fun racing through the game optimizing routes and getting maximum ranking on all scenarios and difficulties. The extra modes weren't as amazing but still offered several hours of enjoyment as well. In fact this post made me want to play again!

Meanwhile I barely hit 25 hours in REmake 3. Was enjoyable enough to unlock everything but I didn't really enjoy figuring out optimal routes or dealing with the new enemies. The complete lack of extra modes was super disappointing and Project Resistance added nothing for me.

Don't get me wrong. I like REmake 3 and don't regret buying it at full price. But it didn't dominate my game time like I had hoped it would.

The Sims 4. So many years waiting for Maxis to make a port to console but in PS4 is just not working very well or it wasn't working when i played it. The IA goes "loading" and there's lag everywhere, in the menus, the IA doesn't respond to the tasks. It's nearly unplayable.

Divinty Original Sin 2. I liked a lot the first one. Very nice RPG. So sincere and pefect. I played the shit out of that game.

2 it's just boring. Over complicated. I don't feel nothing at all, don't care about nothing they're telling me. It's not very interesting and it's very poorly balanced.

MayauMiao

Got to be Cyberpunk 2077. I was hoping this to be the game that will be like Witcher but with future settings, a genre that I like more than swords & sorcery.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - I loved the world, atmosphere, and dialogue but absolutely despised the controls and shooting mechanics. I got half way through before putting it down.

The Witcher 3 - Same reasons as RDR2

Uncharted 4 - It was just much more dull than previous games. Multiplayer was fun.

Batman Arkham Knight - They went overboard with the batmobile.

Just Cause 3 - This was mainly due to performance issues and the omission of various move sets which were present in the 2nd game. I still finished the game but it was a letdown.

bender

What time is it?
Forza Horizon 4 is a good one. It's not a bad game or anything but boy oh boy is that map littered with so much shit that it feels impossible to complete. Spelunky 2 is probably my biggest disappointment this generation but that's because the original is one of my favorite games of all time. The sequel looks like a cheap mobile knock-off.

Reactions: GHG

Elcid

Banned
Man a lot of good fucking disappointments this generation.
For me?
Every Assassins Creed after Black Flag (Rogue was also legit). I've said it before, used to be my favorite series and God damn they royally fucked it.
Uncharted 4. Another of my favorite series. I beat 1-3 multiple times. Tried replaying 4 the other day and I couldn't even get to the shooting, so much stupid shit you have to do to get a fucking gun. Why do I have to scuba dive for crates and then play Crash fucking Bandicoot and give my lazy bitch of a wife her food when I could be out shooting shit? I get they wanted to show how boring Drake's life was now, but fuck it was actually boring because it was also prefaced with all the fucking flashbacks. This one really pissed me off.
Arkham Knight - Fuck the Batmobile. Oh Deathstroke?! Oh wait he's in a tank...one more reason to use my ridiculous Batmobile. Oh a wall I need to scale? I'm Batman! I'll use my tank of a car to drive up the building...?
Metal Gear Solid V - As a guy that's beaten every MGS game, including the PSP ones, I just couldn't get past this game. Lost interest on like the 3rd mission? Never went back to it either.
Dragon Age Inquisition - Tried reinstalling it the other day and played it for a couple of days but I just can't get past it. The combat seems to be the worst one. Story is kinda meh.
Man of Medan - Holy shit. The characters all just feel like unrealistic cliches. When the rugged strong black female captain came out I was like.... Until Dawn felt corny/campy/fun. This just felt stupid.
Last of Us 2 - Haven't played it but from what I've seen of gameplay videos I'm not going to like it, especially since I know the ending and Uncharted 4 was the last game by ND before this, and Uncharted 4 was a massive letdown.
Witcher 3 - I played it on PC. Beautiful game, great soundtrack, great world, etc. etc. But too fucking big and too boring. The combat still blows, for 1 and 2 I was more forgiving because it was an older title but 3? Come on, combat is terrible. The world has too much going on and the amount of "content" is daunting.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I am quite late as there are many games I haven't play yet (last recent game I played was Sekiro on release) but still here my disappointment :

Sekiro Shadow Die Twice
. Turns out to be a "simple" action game with an average combat system and not much that interest me. Still I beat it and I can see why many love it.

Metal Gear Solid V : The phantom pain.
I am probably a bit too harsh on it since I only played the prologue. Which was... ok for a MGS. But when I arrive in the open world I couldn't play anymore. I should probably give it another chance.

Octopath Traveler.
Dropped after 20h. Combat system is superb. Graphics also. But the way the story worked... I was expecting a game where you choose 1 characters out of 8 and experience his story the way you want. But in the end the game more or less force you to recruit and beat every first chapters of the characters (because of the ridiculous level requirement for the second chapters) before continuing. And characters barely interact together. Maybe it goes better later in the game.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Doom Eternal - loved the shit out of 2016 but this just sucked.
TLOU2 - lol where do i start. the 1st game was great and i was hyped for TLOU2 but it just shat the bed.
Cyberpunk - this was the big one for me. i was sticking up for CDPR post launch but i just can't defend them anymore. absolute waste of money. hope i get a refund.

Last edited:
FFVII Remake. All they had to do was not ruin the story.

FFXV, though after XIII I really shouldn't have expected much.
TLoU2 was a serious step down from the first game.
Death Stranding was at least an interesting game, but it nowhere near matched my expectations.
Cyberpunk, obviously.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Disappointment acquires expectation, that's why Sonic Forces was not a disappointment to me. I expexted bad and got... worse.

The biggest one? The Last of Us Part II. Such a huge letdown. Really sad to see that amazing franchise take that turn.

Shenmue III was also a disappointment. I'm grateful we got the game and I backed with a substantial sum but was very disappointed Yu Suzuki didnt take the chance to move the story forward. At all.

Others that were smaller but still disappointments were Quantum Break, Halo 5 and to some extent Uncharted: TLL since it just felt like more of the same (still a good game, though).

Last edited:

Kayoba

1. Warcraft 3 Reforged
Undisputedly the biggest disappointment this generation. I don't understand how you can release a remake of a game released in 2002 and somehow make it worse than the original. Besides they somehow cut content from the original game as well such as clans and competitive ladder. Blizzard even changed their ToS in a way that makes their company the owner of all user created mods, furthermore they added stricter rules regarding what type of mods you are allowed to create.

They promised improved cutscenes, voice acting and cinematics; but these promises were nowhere in the final game. In fact, the cutscene they showed of during the reveal wasn't there either and I can't remember Blizzard explained that this was removed prior to the launch. Essentially it's the same old game with HD textures and still had an insane amount of bugs and was generally unstable. Blizzard even had a tournament where the game crashed midgame.

Those who demanded a refund was ignored by Blizzard as well. This catastrophic release killed the remaining love I had for Blizzard as a company.

2. Jump Force

Altough it's not the biggest disappiontment this generation, it is however the worst game I played this generation. I played it because I actually liked the previous game called J-Stars Victory VS. For those who are unfamiliar with these games, I think the best way to describe these games is that it's a Super Smash Bros-esque game with characters from Shonen Jump (anime magazine). The previous game had cross universe interactions that captured the charm of certain Shonen characters, the game never took itself serious and I think it benefited from that. I had hopes it would continue this while improving the gameplay. Even the roster was smaller than the previous game.

What makes this game so bad however is that it's clear that they tried to turn this franchise into an anime version of Marvels Avengers that took itself way to seriously. Storywise you're a new hero that's conscripted into the 'Jump Force', but in reality you feel like a low budget ripoff of certain anime characters as you combine abilities from key characters and their iconic look.

3. Cyberpunk2077
All the bugs and glitches aside, it was an alright game with pretty visuals. What makes this game a huge disappointment however is partly because of the hype, but more importantly the cut content. I hoped we would get a fully fledged RPG where choices actually would matter. The life paths are another thing that I have complaints regarding. I can't speak for all life paths that got into the game as I only played through Corpo, but I thought that was laughably short. It was so short in fact that I don't understand why it was in the game. The key events of the prelude is never again reflected upon after completing it, so in the end it felt pointless and honestly a waste of time.

z8huhPse34AwYRWFSz6sJX-1200-80.jpg

itsArtie

Cyberpunk is the only one since I followed the development for years. Didn't expect much from other games so I couldn't really be disappointed. With most, I was positively surprised by how good they are (GTAV, RDR2, Witcher3, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War).

turtlepowa

Banned
Unfortunately a long list and i'm sure i forgot some games:

Forza 5
No Man Sky
Days Gone
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Zoo Tycoon
Dead Rising 4
Just Cause 4
Uncharted 4
Crackdown 3
God of War 2018
Mafia 3
Thief
Watch Dogs
Anthem
The Order 1886
Fallout 76
Mad Max
For Honor
Agony
Metal Gear Survive

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Anthem: I foolishly had very high hopes for this game. Open-world looter shooter by Bioware’s “A team”, featuring mech suits and Iron Man-style flying. It looked so awesome in early previews. Remember when we were all saying “Mass Effect Andromeda sucked because it wasn’t made by the same team.... BioWare Montreal are all working on Anthem”.

Octopath Traveller: I was totally enamored by the demo like many people. Then I played the full game and got bored to tears by the time I reached the 2nd chapters. I didn’t give a single shit about any of my party members. It’s like 8 crappy D-list JRPG stories interleaved with each other, with no character having a role in any other character’s story and no interaction except those stupid “private action” things that take place in a separate dimension.

Phobos Base

Mass Effect Andromeda - hardly the worst game ever made (although I only played it after patches), just very average and forgettable

Last of Us 2 - so glad the story was leaked so I could save my money

Agents of Mayhem - promised to be the next Saints Row, was instead crushingly mediocre

Wolfenstein the New Colossus - endless cutscenes, jarring tonal shifts and difficulty that was outright broken on anything but the easiest settings.

Dead or Alive 6 - hey, let's introduce a token system for getting costumes, which at launch would have required you to play hundreds of matches to unlock something for a random character. Then make you pay money to change hair colour, get in a huff that fans didn't like it, and stop supporting the game.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - this was still a good game, but fell short as the climax to the trilogy.

CitizenZ

Banned
Man a lot of good fucking disappointments this generation.
For me?
Every Assassins Creed after Black Flag (Rogue was also legit). I've said it before, used to be my favorite series and God damn they royally fucked it.
Uncharted 4. Another of my favorite series. I beat 1-3 multiple times. Tried replaying 4 the other day and I couldn't even get to the shooting, so much stupid shit you have to do to get a fucking gun. Why do I have to scuba dive for crates and then play Crash fucking Bandicoot and give my lazy bitch of a wife her food when I could be out shooting shit? I get they wanted to show how boring Drake's life was now, but fuck it was actually boring because it was also prefaced with all the fucking flashbacks. This one really pissed me off.
Arkham Knight - Fuck the Batmobile. Oh Deathstroke?! Oh wait he's in a tank...one more reason to use my ridiculous Batmobile. Oh a wall I need to scale? I'm Batman! I'll use my tank of a car to drive up the building...?
Metal Gear Solid V - As a guy that's beaten every MGS game, including the PSP ones, I just couldn't get past this game. Lost interest on like the 3rd mission? Never went back to it either.
Dragon Age Inquisition - Tried reinstalling it the other day and played it for a couple of days but I just can't get past it. The combat seems to be the worst one. Story is kinda meh.
Man of Medan - Holy shit. The characters all just feel like unrealistic cliches. When the rugged strong black female captain came out I was like.... Until Dawn felt corny/campy/fun. This just felt stupid.
Last of Us 2 - Haven't played it but from what I've seen of gameplay videos I'm not going to like it, especially since I know the ending and Uncharted 4 was the last game by ND before this, and Uncharted 4 was a massive letdown.
Witcher 3 - I played it on PC. Beautiful game, great soundtrack, great world, etc. etc. But too fucking big and too boring. The combat still blows, for 1 and 2 I was more forgiving because it was an older title but 3? Come on, combat is terrible. The world has too much going on and the amount of "content" is daunting.

I just recently played Man of Medan and called it the worst choose your adventure own game i have ever played. Wow what a terrible game with systems that are never explained. Easily worst game i have played in a long time.

CitizenZ

Banned
Biggest ones for me:
FF7 Remake
Pokemon Sword & Shield
Chock up another W for the hype train with Anthem. Every game that was over hyped again and again and again by urinalist and fan its. If you go back and look at games that were announced and released in <6 months from announcement all were pretty good, Remenet From the ashes comes to mind for me as i love that game. Funny how Anthem has not been talked about much during this CP disaster.

Top Bottom