• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that need a second life...

levyjl1988

Banned
What are some games that need a port or remaster, essentially a second life.

We've seen Advance Wars come back with Advance Wars 1+2 re-Boot Camp. What are some games that failed to gain an audience or sale that should be ported over to be truly successful?

1. Sonic Advance Trilogy
YYpH5HB.jpg
Gj8nPhr.jpg
qsl0oMY.png

There have been many Sonic anniversaries and it's all come from the Genesis, I have never seen this game ported at all, meanwhile Capcom is killing it be having their Mega Man Collection, SEGA feels lazy not porting this.

2. Ever Oasis

rYgPGM5.jpg

This came out on the Nintendo 3DS at the end of its life cycle when everyone was getting on board on the Nintendo Switch. If anything this needs to be ported to the Nintendo Switch. This hidden gem is going to be like Shantae, a game released on GBC when the GBA was just launching and forgotten until its sudden revival.

3. Lost in Blue Trilogy
CGEKa8A.jpg
51oUEJb.jpg
JODTr95.jpg

Nothing really fulfilled that void of hunting and gathering more than Lost in Blue. Konami get off your ass and port this game.

4. The Nonary Games
Y61g36M.jpg

With the second life of Daganronpa Decadence coming on Switch, this would be perfect for it to be released on the Nintendo Switch.

5. Code Vein
ggpW2Q0.jpg

It needs to be ported to the Nintendo Switch, it would be perfectly suited for the handheld. They were able to port Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet, why not this game?

6. Dino Crisis
2wwXPk8.jpg

With Jurassic Park being a thing, it would be perfect for Capcom to announce this remake, whenever its ready, assuming it is in development and will be in similar style to Resident Evil 2 Remake.

What are some titles that deserve a second life?

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy_Of_Kain-_Soul_Reaver_Cover.jpg

Blood
Blood_logo.jpg

Dino Crisis
Dino_Crisis.jpg

Alpha Protocol
Alpha_Protocol_cover.jpg

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Warhammer_40000_Space_Marine_cover.jpg

Resistance
Resistance_Fall_of_Man.jpg

Last edited:
Quake. People complained about Q4 which is actually a good game.
I wish the series gets the same treatment as Doom.
Also Psy Ops should get a reboot or a remaster.

IKSTUGA

Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 were games that definitely needed ports and now we're getting them... 🤤.

I think I'm gonna go with the GBA/DS Castlevanias. It's a fucking crime against humanity those things are not on the Switch.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Bring back Prey, and bring back its sequel.

uiakbd7.png

jS02Q1i.png
I just reinstalled Prey on Steam yesterday. Haven't played it since 2014 or so. Looking forward to it. Shame they killed the series. Bethesda has such high quality control so it makes sen....K, I couldn't finish that sentence.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Fftpsp3.jpg

The updated dialogue for PSP is, to me, amazing. It makes it the game I've been calling my top game for quite a while now. But...man, going back to it right after Tactics Ogre really reminds me how bad the frame rate is. I wouldn't even need a remake. Just remaster the game, giving it a nice, steady frame rate.

Synless

Chrono series, specifically I want to finally see the gang get back together to make Chrono Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!

killatopak

Gold Member
Valkyrie Profile needs to have a chance.

It was given one but was stolen by FF13LR.

I like FF13LR but I love Valkyrie Profile.

Xenogears as well. Such a disappointment. What could have been if they have given the team more time and funding.

Last edited:
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Tennis
Tenchu
Jet Set Radio
Dino Crisis
Turok
Splinter Cell
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
Castlevania
Tomb Raider
Soul Reaver
Banjo & Kazooie
Power Stone
Bloody Roar
Killer Instinct
The Last Blade
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Panzer Dragoon Saga for modern consoles but have it look the way it did on Saturn. No upgrades, etc.

It really is a shame that so few people will ever be able to play this game. It's not GOAT or anything like that but it really is mind blowing to see what Team Andromeda were able to do with the Sega Saturn. I used to own a copy but sold it during college for rent money. The price is just even more insane now.

Really fun game with a cool battle system, a great art style, and wonderful music/atmosphere.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Alpha Protocol. One of my favorite games of all time despite the flaws and the jank.
Really fun game, I put all my upgrades into stealth. Easily breaks the game so you can avoid the more janky moments.

Overlooked gem but I feel like most people really enjoyed it for what it is.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
But they already brought back Prey, and it was vastly superior to the original.
Honestly, both games are awesome. Immersive Sim is probably my favorite genre and Arkane is pretty much the only AAA developer in the game doing it. But Prey(2017) could have been called literally anything else and it wouldn't have changed it's identity. They aren't even comparable, they are entirely different games and have literally nothing to do with each other.

anthony2690

Banned
Lost odyssey
Breath of fire 3 & 4
Jet set radio future
Skies of Arcadia
Every CAVE stg.

I'm sure there is loads of titles that people love

Last edited:
S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Can the Thief series get one more chance? A game built from the ground up for ray tracing would be spectacular.

Top Bottom