• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that need to be remade

Maxrunner

Perfectdark/goldeneye /jetforcegemini hd remakes for wiiu with pointer controls since the the crosshair system is already there. Oh but Nintendo needs to buy Rare back first....:(

Firehead

Hdcollection.png

I'd agree to remaking the original games and porting them properly, instead of what they did with... that. Ugh. At least we have the PC versions.

Plenty of the old Star Trek games, like Klingon Academy, Invasion, and the old Microprose/Spectrum Holobyte games. If the modern professionally made stuff is utter trash, there's really nothing to lose by rereleasing updated games.

An HD remake of SD Gundam Generation F with updated rosters and 3D graphics would be great.

Apdiddy

The Sentinel - This game was ahead of its time. Imagine it using something like CryEngine or The Witcher's game engine.

Gunstar Freakin' Heroes - That should be the title, HD version a la Hard Corps: Uprising.

Robotrek - Pokémon before Pokémon was cool but was made by Enix. If S-E did this today, it would be a F2P iOS game with microtransactions, so I don't know if they should do this.

Mission: Impossible - Or at least the game mechanics of it. I guess Monaco fits the bill for this (?).

Laieon

I've been wanting a remake/spiritual successor to this for years, I can't think of anything that plays like it:

J7wJ4x2.jpg

Legend of Dragoon would be my 2nd choice.

Harlequin

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. Although only once Crystal actually figures out how to develop Tomb Raider games. Otherwise they'll ruin it.

Foffy

Banned
I like the approach Falcom did with the Ys series; pick the black sheep, and then remake that.

On that note, I suggest a remake of Sonic 2006. :3c

MaDKaT

Jet Moto 2

Jet_Moto_2_Coverart.png

With the hidden included tracks from Jet Moto. Headed by or even just a collaboration with Evolution Studios(MotorStorm)

Jinko

Final Fantasy 7 is the obvious contender.

I don't necessarily want Shenmue to be remade as much as I want the saga to be finished. ;.;

Lemnisc8

Another vote for turrican right here. One of my favourite amiga games.

Also psi-ops, but midway got into legal trouble, so a sequel isn't likely going to happen and nor is a remake in my opinion. If I remember rightly they were cleared, though. It's a shame as I've never played another game quite like it, the powers were amazing.

King_Moc

Banned
Resident Evil 2, Majora's Mask and WWE No Mercy. Some games are just so good that they just deserve to be kept updated with modern graphics.

I've been wanting a remake/spiritual successor to this for years, I can't think of anything that plays like it:

J7wJ4x2.jpg

Legend of Dragoon would be my 2nd choice.

Good call on Beetle Adventure Racing. I'd add in San Francisco 2049 as well, as it's pretty much the same sort of thing.

I want to see a REmake for re2.

Hexen spiritual successor. I really enjoyed Dark Messiah but it didn't feel like dark fantasy to me like hexen did.

250px-Hexenbox.jpg

A new doom that takes place on earth would be excellent. Doom 3 was fantastic.

Griss

E.V.O. for the SNES
Mindblowing at the time, would be mindblowing with modern tech. Imagine Spore, but good, as an RPG.

ijZEUoW.jpg

UKa9DwC.jpg

S7IZLgl.jpg

DieH@rd

Banned
Myth II: Soulblighter
snow.jpg

OMG THAT MISSION! Fuck me that was hard, but after mining that access road and holding off several groups of enemies, I left all of my barbarians guarding that choke point and retreated. They fucking managed to hold that point for ~3-4 incredible minutes. It was insane.

One of the best gaming moments in my life, and it was done on my very first PC with a very first game I ever bought for it [the next one was HL1 :D].

The number one game i feel that needs to be remade is this:
Deep%20Fear%20(J)%20Front.jpg

Imagine a game that is a cross between the original Dead Space and the movie the Abyss. Isolation, clostrophobia, lack of oxygen, flooded corridors, ect. it could be amazing.

Legend of Dragoon. I can't think of any game that would stand to benefit more from the improvement in graphics performance since its release given how strong the art and world design are and how clearly hindered both were by the PS1.

If not that, then I think the first Rayman game would be pretty awesome with HD assets.

RedSwirl

Well, this is the big one, of course...

Metal+Gear+Boxes.jpg

And ideally, it's the final chapter in the entire saga, and it goes down like this: Kojima keeps making Big Boss games; however many he wants. One more after MGS 5 maybe? Or whatever. But it all builds up to a final game simply called Metal Gear. The story retells the events of MG1 and MG2. Grizzled, dangerous old Big Boss vs young, Solid Snake in his prime.

BB is commander of Foxhound and sends a rookie codenamed Solid Snake to sneak into Outer Heaven and rescue the MIA Grey Fox. Halfway through the game, Solid discovers the truth, that Outer Heaven is actually led by BB and fights him to a stalemate, BB escapes to Zanzibar Land, and in the second half, Solid is sent to pursue him. His radio contact becomes the newly promoted leader of Foxhound, Roy Campbell. Kaz is in it too.

Big Boss is voiced by Keifer Sutherland. Solid Snake is voiced by David Hayter. Some of the game is played as BB and some as SS.

It culminates with the iconic hand to hand fight between Grey Fox and Solid in the minefield, and is done in some Kojima way that becomes one of the most memorable moments in video game history, like the flowers in MGS3. And so does the fight that comes afterwards, BB vs SS. In the end, Grey Fox is presumed dead, Big Boss is burned up, and Solid Snake disappears. In the final shot, we hear Campbell reporting that he's gone and can't be located, but the visuals show us where he is. In the Alaskan wilderness, he's in a tiny cabin, drinking whiskey as he and all his sled dogs pass out near a space heater as a snowstorm rages outside. The Best is Yet to Come swells in the background.

The End

I definitely think they should do it. Mainstream MGS fans have seen the beginning of Big Boss and the end of Solid Snake, but they haven't seen the reverse. They need to see the story that tells the end of Big Boss and the beginning of Solid Snake.

Top Bottom