• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that need to be remade

Wag

I'll start:

Old Apple ][ game called The Bilestoad

Bilestoad_title.png

Bilestoad.png

I remember having a blast with this game on my Apple ][+ when I was a kid. I think it was one of the first games that allowed two people to play on keyboard at the same time.

We just had this topic.

Thread whining is against the rules, but yeah, indeed, we have the same threads monthly/weekly/daily here just like on all forums. Some topics pop up every single day. It's a bit annoying but some people visit NeoGAF seldom, searching can be tough for some when users use different keywords, and of course people like the feeling of making threads.

PsionBolt

It'd be nice if Metroid 2 got the Zero Mission treatment - an expanded remake with more modern controls. It stands out as the only entry in the main Metroid series that I wouldn't reccomend whole-heartedly, which is sad.

Man, maybe the first one-on-one fighter and violent for its time. I played Bilestoad lots. Still, I'd rather see Karate Champ remade a bit more. Lately, I've been thinking about Ancient Art of War and M.U.L.E. as well as Raid On Bungeling Bay.

merrick97

Banned
I wish Disney would release the source code to the original Dark Forces so modders could make a proper port similar to what doom got.

rdaneel72

I'll start:

Old Apple ][ game called The Bilestoad

I remember having a blast with this game on my Apple ][+ when I was a kid. I think it was one of the first games that allowed two people to play on keyboard at the same time.

The Bilestoad was awesome, all that pink/orange blood!!!

If we're going back THAT far, how about Autoduel! A car-combat action RPG from Origin! It was my favorite.

Well, this is the big one, of course...

Metal+Gear+Boxes.jpg

And ideally, it's the final chapter in the entire saga, and it goes down like this: Kojima keeps making Big Boss games; however many he wants. One more after MGS 5 maybe? Or whatever. But it all builds up to a final game simply called Metal Gear. The story retells the events of MG1 and MG2. Grizzled, dangerous old Big Boss vs young, Solid Snake in his prime.

BB is commander of Foxhound and sends a rookie codenamed Solid Snake to sneak into Outer Heaven and rescue the MIA Grey Fox. Halfway through the game, Solid discovers the truth, that Outer Heaven is actually led by BB and fights him to a stalemate, BB escapes to Zanzibar Land, and in the second half, Solid is sent to pursue him. His radio contact becomes the newly promoted leader of Foxhound, Roy Campbell. Kaz is in it too.

Big Boss is voiced by Keifer Sutherland. Solid Snake is voiced by David Hayter. Some of the game is played as BB and some as SS.

It culminates with the iconic hand to hand fight between Grey Fox and Solid in the minefield, and is done in some Kojima way that becomes one of the most memorable moments in video game history, like the flowers in MGS3. And so does the fight that comes afterwards, BB vs SS. In the end, Grey Fox is presumed dead, Big Boss is burned up, and Solid Snake disappears. In the final shot, we hear Campbell reporting that he's gone and can't be located, but the visuals show us where he is. In the Alaskan wilderness, he's in a tiny cabin, drinking whiskey as he and all his sled dogs pass out near a space heater as a snowstorm rages outside. The Best is Yet to Come swells in the background.

The End

Top Bottom