• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that need to be remade

Wolff

Lots of fantastic games posted here, and some of them i was going to post here, but no need to now.

I just want to add one. Seeing many people posted the LoK games here, i'd love to see a Blood Omen 1 remake too. It is my fav in the series and i think it deserves it.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
0s9dAuc.jpg
xJAyeqC.jpg

mfaex

I wouldn't want a remake of Monster Rancher 2 as much as a modern sequel. I'd definitely want away from MR3 and 4's art style and smaller monster pools though, so closer to to 2 in those regards since it's easily the best game in the series in my opinion.

Anyway, HD FF7 would be cool and all. Would buy that and beat it for the billionth time. FF12 International remake just so I could play it would be good.

Less of HD remakes for these, but Dungeon Keeper 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Modern reissues that are stable on current operating systems and have more accessible online multiplayer options would be excellent. That with the promotion of a re-release to potentially increase their player pools... Yessssss.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
100% agree. But being that the developer is 2nd party Nintendo, it's not coming out anywhere else. DOA. Sucks in a major way, because the title is pure joy on so many levels. My son and I still quote cheesy crap out of the Ed Wood-esque script to this day.

argh, did not know it was funded by Nintendo. Sucks indeed. And since it's bombed hard we'll never see another iteration/remake. ugh

BeeDog

The Ecstatica games need to be remade/rebooted. Such an unique atmosphere in them, not that many games that sport that anymore.

sn00zer

Remakes are boring.....just make a sequel or just completely reimagine it...really dont like 1;1 remakes that just change the gfx

The number one game i feel that needs to be remade is this:
Deep%20Fear%20(J)%20Front.jpg

Imagine a game that is a cross between the original Dead Space and the movie the Abyss. Isolation, clostrophobia, lack of oxygen, flooded corridors, ect. it could be amazing.

I like the way you think. I would definitely pitch in if this were a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo project.

Chatin

Definitely Zelda II. It could benefit from a Zero Mission-style update. Maybe some visual flair to spice up the towns and tie them into the OoT Sages.

Firebrand

Not the original is unplayable or anything, but a "Link's Awakening 3DX" could be pretty cool. I'm sure some would consider it blasphemy, I know I would if we were talking about a remake of ALTTP. :p

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Wowwww. Golvellius just brought me waaay back.

Landstalker was the nuts. Same with the Dark Savior on Saturn. So damn good.

Golvellius was an all time fav for me. Music is just awesome in that game. I fired it up right after that post lol.

I had forgotten about Dark Savior though!!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
shadow-of-rome-20041201110018402.jpg

Shadow of Rome needs to be remade and ryse up to become the Roman warrior/gladiator game we all deserve.

Or should I say the Stealth/Infiltration game we all deserve, 'cause--seriously*--who even liked the gladiator levels?

*not seriously

Top Bottom