• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that never got released that you are still pissed about

GreyHorace

A sequel to Prince of Persia 2008.

1666 Amsterdam by Patrice Désilets. After leaving them in 2010, Ubisoft still screwed with him by buying the bankrupt THQ Montreal and denying him the rights to his work. Fuck Ubisoft. It's a good thing he got back the rights in 2016.

Any of the dead IPs that EA owns. We could have had a new SimCity, Command and Conquer (not mobile!), Dungeon Keepers and many others if EA hadn't gutted the studios that work them. FUCK EA.

Last edited:

TUROK

Turok 2, the sequel to the reboot. The rebooted game didn't hold a candle to the originals, but I still found it a solid dino shooter.

The concept art for the second one looked awesome. Would have loved to see it continue.

FranXico

agent.jpg

stranno

The US version of XBOX Dinosaur Hunting, a Monster Hunter clone with dinosaurs.

Borman has a supposedly-complete version of the US version. He has leaked tons of stuff for XBOX and other platforms but this never happened.

Flying Nightmares - SEGA CD

Phantasy Star IV - SEGA CD

The Ninja - Sega Saturn

F1 GP 3 - OG XBox

Indy and the Fate Of Atlantis- Sega CD

BC - OG XBox

Water World - Sega Saturn

Bite the Bullet - Dreamcast

Gunvalkyrie - Dreamcast

Exhumed/Powerslave II - Various

MudKicker - Various

World Rally - Sega CD

nush

Gold Member
Goldeneye Xbox Live.

Like... This shit was going to print money, what the hell?
I'd forgot about this one, I think the climate is right now with Nintendo/Microsoft having better cooperation and nobody having the Bond license. If what was reported was true, the sticking point was Nintendo not allowing "Nintendo games" on other systems. This could still happen, the game was finished.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I'd forgot about this one, I think the climate is right now with Nintendo/Microsoft having better cooperation and nobody having the Bond license. If what was reported was true, the sticking point was Nintendo not allowing "Nintendo games" on other systems. This could still happen, the game was finished.

You know, you're onto something there. MS and Nintendo are very, very happy with each other right now, and a lot of Xbox games/characters are on Nintendo systems. I think the time is right for Goldeneye on Xbox/Switch. People may scoff, but that shit is actually even now, still, a system seller. Goldeneye online MP? Hell, on Switch, out in the park? Good lord...

Doczu

That would be dope, maybe make Rare do it. Yes, most of the OG developers are long gone, but the name alone would make some headlines and boost visibility.

... And then remake Perfect Dark with online play, pretty please.

Mass Shift

Remember this bad boy?

storia.jpg

Multiplayer_2.jpg

image_project_offset-6692-886_0004.jpg

images

Such a shame, loved the look of this game.

Now what happened to this studio was nothing short of tragic. Somehow Intel convinced Offset that they wanted to start game publishing and allowed themselves to be acquired and signed away everything to them.

After years of waiting, and frustrating the team to it's utter break up, Intel canceled its development, and refused to allow any further work on the project or the engine. When Offset asked for the rights back Intel stalled them even further before they finally buried it.

dan76

Factor 5's Star Wars Rogue Leaders for the Wii. It was a compilation of the two GameCube Star Wars games with updated controls. They had one to one Lightsaber control, the only game ever to do so - it's a no brainier.
It was finished but never released because of some marketing bullshit. When's it going to leak?!?

A couple of years ago one if the dev's said they would like to port it to the Switch. Some hope.

Only thing that comes to mind is Resident Evil 1.5, though pissed off wouldn't be the right wording for it. After playing the leaked version I always think "what could have been?".

EDIT: Also Megaman Legends 3. You just had to remind me KàIRóS... :messenger_sad_relieved:

It probably would have just been a good "Resident Evil 2" and we wouldn't have even known the difference. 1.5 wasn't a bad game, and i liked its art style better.

Yumi

What's really frustrating was that in the upcoming games section in the back of the mag, the release date got pushed back over and over for years. I swear it wasn't cancelled until the end of the 64's life.
Oh god I DO remember that.

Cravis

Dead Rush. Open world zombie game before zombies became the norm from Treyarch before they started developing COD exclusively

xuqRcEu.jpg

lFmAFUI.jpg

That looked pretty good, The music is awesome. Is the music in this video from actual castlevania games or his it a custom/tribute theme?

The song's an arrangement of Symphony of the Night's 'Crystal Drops', from the album Castlevania Midi Power Pro 6 Dracula X.
And yeah, it's a shame this game never game to life. It would have been the crucial game to keep the 3D iterations of the serie relevant.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For me it's gotta be Mother 3 in the US.

Last edited:
Top Bottom