• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that never got released that you are still pissed about

psygn0sis

Virtua Fighter 3 Saturn. I need this in my life so much :(

My gaming life will only be complete when I will have seen this game running, or even screenshots, of the Saturn version.

@dark10x asked Yu Suzuki a question about the whereabouts of the game, and he answered he did not remember if I am correct. I can't believe this. Somewhere at Sega, there has to be an old storage room full of boxes, and inside one of them, is the Saturn version of Virtua Fighter 3.

On AssemblerGames someone talked about a complete version of VF3 Saturn which was held locked somewhere but I think we'll never see it running sadly.

Thabass

agent.jpg

Came to post this.

Silent Hills. Man that game getting cancelled broke me. I'm a huge fan of the OG series, upto 4.

Kojima and Del Toro and the Reedus all in for a proper SH game was like getting deep throated all day. Holy fuck I needed it.

Scalebound looked sick. Shame it got canned.

What else? Resident Evil 1.5. That looked insanely good.

Murdoch

I bought the original Xbox (OG) on the promise that Battlefield 1942 was coming to the platform... it never did.

Thankfully, I discovered Halo along the way. So; every cloud!

Was it broken? I remember it was ready to ship but cancelled. But i may remember it wrongly, as i was a kid with a shady friend with backups

It could just be the version I got was an earlier build. Multiplayer worked just fine but consistently crashed when trying to play through single player.

sol740

I'm still pretty upset about Mass Effect 3 never getting released because of that meteor that hit the studio.

Furozen

Yoooo! I've never, EVER thought anyone would be missing Gorky. That series has a special place in my heart ❤
In my heart too. Gorky 21 had so much potential. It's so sad that The Farm 51 and TopWare dropped the project.

Dane

I’m not sure anything people will mention will ever bother me as much as the cancellation of STALKER 2.

Stalker 2 is back though, but for 2021-22

Was it broken? I remember it was ready to ship but cancelled. But i may remember it wrongly, as i was a kid with a shady friend with backups

IIRC there was 2-3 builds of this game on the internet, but yeah, it was at the release candidate stage or already gold, but EA bought Virgin US and cancelled it because they refused to have M rated games.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Project Offset. Intel bought this out to bolster their Larrabee graphics efforts, that only found tepid success in servers and fizzled out there, and never made it to the consumer side, so the game was also cancelled.

If you haven't seen it before, you do have to remember how mind blowingly amazing this looked in the pre-Crysis days it was demoed, it still looked impressive for years after.

Kydd BlaZe

Goldeneye Xbox Live.

Like... This shit was going to print money, what the hell?
Oh shit! I remember seeing footage of the game up and running and everything. It looked fantastic too, but it got canned because of some legal/licensing issues with Nintendo or some shit. Motherfucker....

Also...Half-Life 2: Episode 3. Still deeply depressed about this never coming to fruition.

Wolf Murder

Neo Member
The original Spore concept :( Not that Spore was a bad game (it was alright, the creature and space stages were pretty fun), but it's disheartening to see what it could have been. It's been a downward slide for Maxis ever since.

Spearheadz

Project Offset. Intel bought this out to bolster their Larrabee graphics efforts, that only found tepid success in servers and fizzled out there, and never made it to the consumer side, so the game was also cancelled.

If you haven't seen it before, you do have to remember how mind blowingly amazing this looked in the pre-Crysis days it was demoed, it still looked impressive for years after.

Came here to say just this, Project Offset looked so awesome. So much potetial.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Not every game needs released, in the last 5 years every game that was released was released.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Vectorman for Saturn and PS2. I don't care if it would have been Ratchet and Jank I miss my favorite green bot.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member

It looked ridiculous. I had an interview with these guys at E3 the year the first video was out. They were genuinely surprised we wanted to talk to them and wondered why we wanted to talk to them. Our impromptu meeting room was a bunch of chairs in the back of a hall, and they brought a laptop with cool stuff on it.

Most recent frustration is Fable Legebds for me. Pissed me off that it got canceled just as it was starting to get good. The closing of Lionhead was also a travesty.

Scalebound pushed me to buying an Xbox One. :messenger_persevering:

Also Super Mario Spikers sounded like something I would of played. (Mario Wrestling/Volleyball) game.

BigBooper

Kings and Castles from the creator of Supreme Commander. I thought it was very cool looking, even though we didn't see much.

EDMIX

Surprised no one stated this yet but, The Getaway 3

the-getaway-ps3-20060117010035562.jpg

I still have that hope that someone in Sony sees all those open world titles and be like "OH yea, we have a IP das like dat doe". So I think we could still get a Getaway reboot.

A lot has already been mentioned. Half-life 3 is still the big one. I thought there would be another portal as well, but that was never promised.

The original Dinosaur Planet by Rare which was rejigged into Star Fox Adventures.

Shenmue 3 for years until the comeback.

On the localisation side of things, I am still peeved that Square-Enix won't make Xenogears and Chrono cross available in the EU. Nearly all their snes games which never made it to europe in the 90's are available now to aquire legally. But a few of their PS1 efforts are only available to US gamers (yes i could do some trickery by using a us PSN account or emulation but I shouldn't have to.)

Top Bottom