• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games TM 104 Scores

Corto

Gran Turismo 5 - 9 "Burdened by expectation, yet still a genuine great"
Disney Epic Mickey - 5 "Poor mechanics mar a great premise"
Splatterhouse - 4 "Proof that some retro games are buried for a reason"
Tron: Evolution - 2 "Bland, unimaginative and poorly executed"
Dance Central - 7 "A step in the right direction"
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 8 "Worth the wait"
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 8 "A purl of a platformer"
Kinectimals - 7 "A glossy and fun showcase for Kinect"
Alien Breed 3: Descent - 7 "A bold but not brilliant conclusion"
Poker night at the inventory - 7 "Funnier than any of your friends"
Tony Hawk: Shred - 4 "A series in dire need of identity realignment"
FlingSmash - 6 "A fun concept that's ultimately let down by its controls"
Create - 7 "Just enough to justify the low price"
No heroes allowed! - 7 "Overwhelmingly complex but hugely empowering"
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - 8 "An explosive reimagining of a modern classic"
Michael Jackson: The Experience - 2 "More exploitation than experience"
Malicious - 8 "Well worth seeking out"
Raving Rabbids Travel in Time - 6 "The guiltiest of guilty pleasures"
Kinect Joy Ride - 4 "A tech demo at best"
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - 8 "The best online single-player game ever"

spats

Michael Jackson: The Experience - 2 "More exploitation than experience"

What's a man gotta do to get a good Michael Jackson game around here?

Happy about the good score for GT5.

Corto

faridmon said:
Saying it again: This Magazine is fantastic and the only review score I trust 100%

The features are a joy to read. Always great interviews and a hefty retro section that is always interesting to browse. 10/10 :lol

Bento

Corto said:
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 8 "Worth the wait"
I'm surprised everytime I see this game get good scores, it is such a boring game imo : I No challenge whatsoever and the puzzles are mind numbingly easy and that along with a boring cast of characters, shallow character customization and a story that barely manages to make me care the slightest makes for a poor game overall : ( Heard so much good about the two prior games so I'm really disappointed in this game, I was really hoping for a good RPG to finish of what has otherwise been an excellent year for portable roleplaying.

faridmon

Corto said:
The features are a joy to read. Always great interviews and a hefty retro section that is always interesting to browse. 10/10 :lol
Yeah, thier writing is always entertaining and they always get thier point even if its nigling problems which you might not find in a said games.

just love this Magazine and would love to see some appreciation towards it..

Xater

Bento said:
I'm surprised everytime I see this game get good scores, it is such a boring game imo : I No challenge whatsoever and the puzzles are mind numbingly easy and that along with a boring cast of characters, shallow character customization and a story that barely manages to make me care the slightest makes for a poor game overall : ( Heard so much good about the two prior games so I'm really disappointed in this game, I was really hoping for a good RPG to finish of what has otherwise been an excellent year for portable roleplaying.

Sound to me like the first game. I don't get the Golden Sun love.

Moobabe

faridmon said:
Yeah, thier writing is always entertaining and they always get thier point even if its nigling problems which you might not find in a said games.

just love this Magazine and would love to see some appreciation towards it..

I have EVERY issue! Not had much of a chance to look through this months what with the christmas madness having set in but there looks to be some excellent stuff in there.

PeteJ

My one and only feature* was published in gamesTM, so I have a soft spot for it. Glad it is doing well and competing next to Edge (when the likes of Arcade failed).

*Issue 13 - about import gaming.

Yagharek

PeteJ said:
My one and only feature* was published in gamesTM, so I have a soft spot for it. Glad it is doing well and competing next to Edge (when the likes of Arcade failed).

*Issue 13 - about import gaming.

Arcade was quite a good read, but GamesTM is leagues ahead of most of the other (failed) magazines that deserved to succeed. It has more variety than Edge, more interesting features of late and the reviews are much more informative, even though I disagree with them quite regularly.

I subscribe to this and Retrogamer, both complement each other nicely.

faridmon

darkpaladinmfc said:
That's a bold statement when they only gave it an 8.
Its not when you consider that Online single player is very specific to the over all package. In fact, I would say its a feuture most games don't have.

Corto

Great, great interview with CD Projekt RED's Senior Producer about the upcoming Witcher 2 in this issue. Just great journalism there and so much interesting info on their history and some details on developing Witcher 2. Get this mag! :D

Stink

faridmon said:
Its not when you consider that Online single player is very specific to the over all package. In fact, I would say its a feuture most games don't have.
Didn't they give Demon's Souls 10/10 and GOTY though?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish someone will bring over Malicious. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
faridmon said:
Lots of games have leaderboards. The stuff in NFS is just more elaborate.

spats said:
Happy about the good score for GT5.

Why are you happy about the score for GT5 it's been out long enough for you to judge it on your own why does a Mag score make you happy. Not just you I see this type of comment a lot I don't get it.

spats

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
Why are you happy about the score for GT5 it's been out long enough for you to judge it on your own why does a Mag score make you happy. Not just you I see this type of comment a lot I don't get it.

Wow.

I'm happy because they took their time to review it, and in my mind Polyphony deserves it instead of some hitgrab review that covers 15% of the game and gives a low score because the reviewer isn't aware of most of the features that are in the game. And why do you care if I care about some game getting a good score? :lol

Ken Masters said:
can someone explain this "online SP" for NFS

They're referring to Autolog. It continually updates you whenever someone on your friends list beats your time in a certain section of the game.

Tain

Splatterhouse - 4 "Proof that some retro games are buried for a reason"

kinda wondering the reasons, here.

I don't care much about the new Splatterhouse game, but they'd be crazy (or very ignorant) to claim that the new game plays like the original Splatterhouse games and that the original games are deeply flawed.

kanugo

Good news: I bought a one year's subscription.

Bad news: It only starts on Issue 105. :p

So I'll have to buy this one separately.

Top Bottom