Games with Incredible Texture Work. - Post Images!

Simple enough, what games excel in their texture work? Since I don't have access to a capture card, I used Reach as an example here. Look at the how much detail is retained while zooming in all the way the sniper rifle. Pretty impressive stuff IMO.

One more.
:lol surely you weren't going to use Halo 4.

When I got my 360 at launch and bought this game the week after I was gob smacked.

I knew that a new generation had arrived. Such a warm, fuzzy feeling.
That game is still next-gen, I don't think any game this gen aside from itself has hit that level of detail.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I think he's just being prescient, because that's exactly what this thread will turn into when Dennis arrives. :p
Heh well for what it's worth I think there are some great textures in games that are exclusive to consoles.

I know you're about to post Dark Souls pictures :p Just get it over with!
I don't have any right now :'( , besides the screens I saved were 120 mb each lol. Keeping on track, I've never seen a game have as detailed modeled and well textured weapons as crysis 2 :

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Half life 2. I think they actual use pictures as textures. Like the motherboard in the computer.
Portal 2 has some nice texture work, such as the sterile ApSci panels:

(I couldn't find a decent screenshot with the clean ones, so this one I posted in last year's high-res thread will have to do.)

Yoshichan

I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
One thing about the Witcher 2 that I didn't get was the texture-work on Gerrard... it's not really "the best thing ever". Is it hard to do skin and flesh compared to rocks and trees?

Portal 2 has some nice texture work, such as the sterile ApSci panels:

(I couldn't find a decent screenshot with the clean ones, so this one I posted in last year's high-res thread will have to do.)
No, no no. Portal 2 has awful texture work...if you ask me of course. Lovely art, but awful texture work. The source engine is dead.

While grime this generation has been very overdone. I think the Silent Hill games are generally a masterclass in effective texturing. Some say half the job of texturing is lighting them to look decent and I think I agree.

Wish I had the patience to do it decently myself.