• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you beat more than once

Saber

Gold Member
Most of Master System games(Sonic 1&2, Kenseiden, Jurassic Park, Asterix Great Rescue, Wonderboy Monster World), Sonic 3 Knuckles, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Space Station Sillicon Valley, Majoras Mask N64, Sonic Mania, Bloodborne, Far Cry 5, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi 2(this one takes fuck long but its that good), Far Cry Blood Dragon, Pokemon Black, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and so on.

Last edited:
Need for speed Carbon (as I felt it was somehow a short game) 3 times in a row for a couple of hours. I chose every team.

D3SCHA1N

I beat almost every game I buy multiple times, could never really understand when someone pays full price for a game day one and just one & done's it... I've beat RDR2 probably 3-4 times and I'm playing it again now...

Very many. I'll just mention a few...Ridge Racer, Mega Man 3, Star Fox/Starwing, Contra II: The Alien Wars/Super Probotector: Alien Rebels, Super Castlevania IV, Parodius, DOOM, Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario World, Metal Gear Solid 1 - 3, Shenmue, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Super Mario Land, Streets of Rage 1 and 2, The Revenge of Shinobi, Jet Set Radio, Persona 4 Golden...

Kataploom

Gold Member
I've always had too little time to play games so I don't use to re-play them, but I may in the following years/months since I've gotten more time to play games and I'm getting done with most of the stuff I considered "must play" from the backlog... Oh, and of course, I'll re-play Alan Wake 1 when 2 comes (Believe!)

Last edited:
Lost the count how many times I beat MGS on playstation, maybe more than 15? Finish Japanese version multiple times, English, Spanish and the msg vr missions.

MGS2 maybe 6 or more, I didn't had memory card (too expensive), so every time I played I had to finish it.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Just ones I have beat more than three times and plan to beat some more: Castlevania sotn, Bloodborne, FTL, way of the samurai

Justin9mm

I'm probably what you call a casual/social gamer, I rarely finish anything these days, mainly because as an older person I don't have enough hours of free time and I love to try everything new.. I only beat one game twice and that was TLOU on PS3 and then the remastered on PS4. I double dipped for that one.

A bit off topic but as far as double dipping, I actually quadruple dipped on GTAV which really annoys me to this day. I originally bought on release for PS3 and finished, then bought on PS4, then on PC, then I recently picked it up for sale on my one X, I only finished once on PS3 but planning to finish on the X and about 40% through the story. I'm annoyed because 1. Why! 2. After all the money that Rockstar have made and they did not give a shit to enhance/patch an update on the Pro and X.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Beaten the most
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Beat more than 2x
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
Star Ocean 2, 3
Earthbound
Secret of Evermore
Suikoden 1, 2, 3
Ace Attorney 1, 2, 3, 4, Miles Edgeworth
Bayonetta
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Birth by Sleep
Parasite Eve
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Super Mario RPG
Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3, 4
Resident Evil 1 (Original), Remake, 2, 3, 4, Code: Veronica
Silent Hill 1, 2, 3
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Persona 4
Catherine

Beat 2x
XII, XIII, XV
Star Ocean 2, 4
Castlevania 1, Bloodlines, 4, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance
Danganronpa 1, 2
Ace Attorney 5, 6
Parasite Eve 2
Bayonetta 2
Threads of Fate
Sonic Adventure, 2
Resident Evil 0, 5
Illusion of Gaia
Silent Hill: Homecoming

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

I will continue replaying this for the rest of my life. It's simply perfect.

H2x1_SNES_SuperMetroid_image1600w.jpg

Lone Wolf

The 3 games I’ve probably beaten the most are Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Final Fantasy 6. Most games I beat once and don’t play again, especially when I played a ton of Master System and Genesis. ( I was a huge Sega fanboy kid. A real Nintendo hating annoying little fuck, even though I would play it and secretly love it)

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Final Fantasy VI.

Dark Souls 3 on Xbox before it launched here, on PSN and then another run after that. Dark Souls is where I get to my multiple 30 hour replays.

Last gen it was mainly once per game. I like replaying retro game(s). DMC5 was worth another play through. I replayed most of the DMC game(s) twice.

Resident Evil and Silent Hill. I think I mainly replay Japanese game(s). All the western shooters are good, but I typically just go back to get the fix. Wolfenstein being an exception.

After I finish a major AAA game, it feels good, like something was accomplished. Then I start it again and it’s like “oh this is too familiar, I still remember the ending”. I sometimes remember the exact thought I had approaching a more cinematic game and I can’t do it. That’s where retro does it very well.

Every Halo game except Halo 5.
Metal Arms
Majority of the Ratchet and Clank games
Metal Gear Solid 4
There's a lot more but those come to mind.

Domisto

As my time for gaming has gone down, ability to buy games has gone up, and the time it takes to beat games has gone up, these days I only complete games once. If I really like something I'll probably go into multiplayer or do some challenge modes. It's only older shorter games that I've beat multiple times. I can't think of anything this side of 2000 that I've completed more than once.

Old stuff like Lotus Challenge 1 & 3, Turrican 2, Alien Breed Special Edition, Another World, Secret of Monkey Island, Syndicate, Rodland, Golden Axe, Deluxe Galaga, Battle Squadron, The Blue Brothers, The Chaos Engine, Qwak. Probably some others. And even back then I was constantly jumping between new games I never finished. I think I'm just eager to keep trying new things.

Actually I'm wrong. There's one game this side of 2000. The original Star Wars: Battlefront. I completed that on normal and hard. Still 15 years old lol.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Beaten the most
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Beat more than 2x
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
Star Ocean 2, 3
Earthbound
Secret of Evermore
Suikoden 1, 2, 3
Ace Attorney 1, 2, 3, 4, Miles Edgeworth
Bayonetta
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Birth by Sleep
Parasite Eve
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Super Mario RPG
Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3, 4
Resident Evil 1 (Original), Remake, 2, 3, 4, Code: Veronica
Silent Hill 1, 2, 3
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Persona 4
Catherine

Beat 2x
XII, XIII, XV
Star Ocean 2, 4
Castlevania 1, Bloodlines, 4, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance
Danganronpa 1, 2
Ace Attorney 5, 6
Parasite Eve 2
Bayonetta 2
Threads of Fate
Sonic Adventure, 2
Resident Evil 0, 5
Illusion of Gaia
Silent Hill: Homecoming

I don't even have to post my list, yours pretty much covers it.

I'll add Tales of Phantasia and Persona 3 FES, however.

Last edited:

Rodolink

I think I've beaten Ocarina of Time around 10 times when I was a kid.
Metroid Prime around 3 times
Wind Waker 3 times
God of War 2
Twilight Princess 2
Majoras Mask 2
After that I started having lot less free time and more and more games, so couldnt afford beating them more than once sadly. (I only do those I really really love)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ex-Mutants
SMB 3
Rygar
Metroid
Almost every single JRPG
Too many fighting games
Most Atlus games
Most Sega games
FFNY
FE Awake, Fates, Three Hos
Every PKMN game except for Crystal and Emerald
Most Rhythm games

...fuck

llien

Original Prince of Persia
Battletoads and Double Dragon
XCOM:Terror from the Deep
Heroes 3: Breath of Death

mcz117chief

I could fill a book.
Yeah, no kidding. Most good games I finished AT LEAST twice. Then you got games like Half-Life (plus Opposing Forces) which I must have finished more than 30 times. There were times when I finished an entire play through of Half Life in a single day multiple days in a row. Same goes for games like Halo 3 which I must have also went through dozens of times. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops I think about 12 times (definitely more than 10). Ace Combat 5, 6, 0 and X many many times as well (at least 10 times each but probably more). Mass Effect 1 and 2 each about 6 or 7 times. LOOM and Another World also come to mind, although I played them often I rarely finished them but still at least 5 times definitely. Then I got games which I finished 2 or 3 times which would be dozens, maybe close to a hundred.

Also, don't forget about games like Civilization, Sins of a Solar Empire, Hearts of Iron etc. the 4x game genre. If each play session counts then oh boy we are getting into some ridiculous numbers.

Fuz

Banned
Monkey Island
Dark Souls

I dunno, a lot.

Do the arcades count? Then most of the KoF, SF, AoF...

klosos

These games i have finished this year alone , but have played them all multiple times through the years since they released.
Witcher 3
Baldurs Gate 1/2
Shadow of the Colossus
Sleeping Dogs
Blade runner

GeekyDad

Off the top of my heads...

SMTIV (Five times in a row before moving on to another game)
FFT (I think about four or five times)
Tactics Ogre (Five or six times)
Fire Emblem Awakening (I'm replaying it now for like the fifth time)

I'm pretty sure there are a slew of games. If I really like something, I can go a bit overboard.

intbal

KOTOR. Best guess, 9 times all the way through.
But I've played my favorite handful of missions from my favorite games many dozens of times. Just not all the way through.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
- Every Mario game except Odyssey (and Maker 2 which I have yet to play at all)
- Yoshi's Island 1-3, Woolly World, Universal Gravitation
- Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Banjo: Grunty's Revenge
- Zelda 3-6
- Metroid Prime 1-3
- Sonic 1-3&K, Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic & the Secret Rings, Sonic Colours Wii, Sonic Rush, Sonic Unleashed 360, Sonic Generations 360
- Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
- F-Zero, F-Zero X, F-Zero GX
- Pikmin
- Crash Bandicoot 1-3
- Jak & Daxter
- Donkey Kong, Country 1-3, Land 2, 64, Jungle Beat, Country Returns, Country Tropical Freeze
- Conker's Pocket Tales & BFD
- Kameo
- Croc

Probably (many) more, but do not remember right now.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Far Cry (2004)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Half Life 2
THPS 1 / 2
Max Payne 2 / 3
Resident Evil 5
Halo 1 / 3
Gears of war 1 / 2
Left 4 Dead 1 / 2
GTA Vice City
GTA 5
Tlou
Pokemon Red / Gold
Until Dawn

And some more I don't remember right now.
But nowadays I don't even think about playing a game a second time. For example God of War (2018), RDR2, Days Gone etc. These are all good games, but not worth a second playthrough.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I always replay the games that i love at least once.

But i think the games i have beaten the most (more than 10 times each) are the classic Tomb Raiders (1-5) and Dragon's Dogma (both vanilla and Dark Arisen). And i still play those.

Closer

I play and beat (every 2D) Castlevania, Chrono Trigger and (X and Zero saga) Megaman religiously at least once per year. Love 'em.

Last edited:
From memory, there are probably many more... especially in the 16-bit area.

NES:
Zelda
Metroid
Bionic Commando
Super Mario Bros. 1 & 2

SMS:
Phantasy Star
Kenseiden
Power Strike

TG-16:
Blazing Lasers
Neutopia
Ordine

Genesis:
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Ghouls n' Ghost
Phantasy Star II & IV
Thunder Force III
Strider
Sonic 1 & 2

SNES:
F-Zero
Final Fantasy II
Street Fighter II

PlayStation:
Catlevania SOTN
Soul Edge
Final Fantasy VII

Staturn:
Daytona USA
Virtua Fighter

Dreamcast:
Soul Calibur II

PS3:
God of War 1 & 2 & 3
Uncharted 2 & 3
TLoU

PS4:
God of War 3
God of War

sublimit

Banned
From memory, there are probably many more... especially in the 16-bit area.

NES:
Zelda
Metroid
Bionic Commando
Super Mario Bros. 1 & 2

SMS:
Phantasy Star
Kenseiden
Power Strike

TG-16:
Blazing Lasers
Neutopia
Ordine

Genesis:
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Ghouls n' Ghost
Phantasy Star II & IV
Thunder Force III
Strider
Sonic 1 & 2

SNES:
F-Zero
Final Fantasy II
Street Fighter II

PlayStation:
Catlevania SOTN
Soul Edge
Final Fantasy VII

Staturn:
Daytona USA
Virtua Fighter

Dreamcast:
Soul Calibur II

PS3:
God of War 1 & 2 & 3
Uncharted 2 & 3
TLoU

PS4:
God of War 3
God of War
No PS2 games? Tsk tsk. :messenger_smirking:

There's a yearly ritual of things I finish:
  • I read LOTR
  • I re-play MGS3
  • I re-play Deus Ex
For some reason doing these things really pulls the world back into focus, just when things feel too fast and difficult to figure out. Like a zen garden.

IKSTUGA

Let's see how many I can think of:
- Mario 1, 3, World, Land 2, SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy
- NSMB, NSMB Wii and NSMB U
- Metroid Fusion
- Super Metroid
- Metroid: Zero Mission
- Sonic 2 and 3
- Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
- Castlevania SOTN and DOS
- Tales of Symphonia
- Phantasy Star Online, all episodes
- Commander Keen 4
- Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64 in the yankees I think)
- Goemon Mystical Ninja 2 for the N64
- Mega Man 1, 2, 9, 10
- Resident Evil 2 Remake
- Most Street Fighter arcade modes
- Every single Devil May Cry, yes even 2 and the reboot (gotta get dem achievements)
- Everything Smash Bros
- Diablo 3
- Every Gears game till 4
- Halo 3
- Resident Evil 4 and 5
- Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Assassin's Creed
- Civilization 5 and 6
- Mario Karts I guess
- Mario Parties (no way I would do that in 2019, ew)
- Time Splitters 2 and Future Perfect
- Bioshock
- Fallout 3
- Portal
- Tony Hawk 2 and 3
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Mass Effect trilogy (will never beat Andromeda)
- A bunch of Guitar Hero and Rock Band games
- Tomb Raider 2013
- DOOM 2016
- Wolfenstein: Da New Order
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
- Catherine
- DKC1-3 + Tropical Shit
- Super Monkey Ball 1 + 2
- Pokey Man RBY, GSC, RSE and XY + the Stadium games and Snap

Yeah that's all I can think of. Probably missed like a billion. I play way too much...

Last edited:
No PS2 games? Tsk tsk. :messenger_smirking:
I played a lot more on PC back then, I also was very upset at what happened to Sega after the Dreamcast, I figured it was Sony's fault... So I only got into PS2 after I got a PS3 (mostly as a media box at first).

There are games I played a lot but never finished, like the Wipeout games, crazy taxi, pac man, outrun, many many arcade games, from late 80s to mid 90s.

Eimran

Resident evil 4
Metal gear solid 3
Mario 64
The warriors
God of war
Uncharted 2
Spiderman 2 (PS2 version)
GTA vice city

Top 3 replayed:

Mass Effect 1 - 9 times
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 10 times
Mass Effect 2 - 18 times.

For comparisons sake, I beat ME3 once and never finished Andromeda, which pretty much sums up my feelings on those games.

Top Bottom