Games you remember, names you don't

Mar 8, 2017
This was an arcade game that came out in the late 80s which was a side scrolling adventure game that had you play as a Conan sword and sandals guy. I remember the first stage had green lizard men that would attack you. Later you fight a manticore as one of the bosses in a castle stage but I could be wrong about the setting. I never actually played it but I'd watch older kids try it out

Aug 24, 2018
This was an arcade game that came out in the late 80s which was a side scrolling adventure game that had you play as a Conan sword and sandals guy. I remember the first stage had green lizard men that would attack you. Later you fight a manticore as one of the bosses in a castle stage but I could be wrong about the setting. I never actually played it but I'd watch older kids try it out
Sounds like Rastan.

Jul 30, 2018
most likely Rastan, is also on the taito legends collection.

Guess_cr

Neo Member
Aug 27, 2018
Of yes, there was one cool game. It was a shooter, let's say in 2007 there was a DVD disc without the instalation, just the playing version. It was based somewhere in Egypt, with some small monsters and bigger onces, which were looking like man with a boxing glove instead of the head (they were screeming)
Do you know this one? ;D

Jul 5, 2018
Romania
fliviuart.me
Of yes, there was one cool game. It was a shooter, let's say in 2007 there was a DVD disc without the instalation, just the playing version. It was based somewhere in Egypt, with some small monsters and bigger onces, which were looking like man with a boxing glove instead of the head (they were screeming)
Do you know this one? ;D
Serious Sam?

May 18, 2005
There was a coin op, a racing game, the car looks like a porsche and i'm really sure about a bomb inside the car that explode if you miss the checkpoint. During that time, near this coin op there was WWE Wrestlefest and euro football champ (great soccer game)

This game came out during 90's

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
There was a coin op, a racing game, the car looks like a porsche and i'm really sure about a bomb inside the car that explode if you miss the checkpoint. During that time, near this coin op there was WWE Wrestlefest and euro football champ (great soccer game)

This game came out during 90's
GTI Club from 1996 featured a bomb mode.

Feb 10, 2016
Were there any water skiing games on PS1? Or something that took place mostly on water? Would have to have been released in March 97 or before. It wasn't hydro thunder.

I was 3 so that's all I can remember...

Oh, it wasn't Jet Moto either. That's all that comes up on google... gah...

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
Were there any water skiing games on PS1? Or something that took place mostly on water? Would have to have been released in March 97 or before. It wasn't hydro thunder.

Rapid Racer?

Oct 27, 2017
your mind

Burstrick Wakeboarding? It came out in 2001 though.

Jun 1, 2017
Wales
PS1 game I got in about 1999-ish. I remember the visuals looking quite good for that time and it was a game where you controlled some girl and she was looking for a family member
or something like that. I think there's a line in there where someone says 'You could end up in harm's way' or anything to do with 'harm's way'. Really bugged me for years.

It may have been a point and click adventure game.

I don't remember it because it was a rented game and couldn't afford to re-new it.

Sep 3, 2018
There was an arcade game in the late 80s/early 90s. It was like Spy Hunter where it was top down and you would transition through different vehicles but it starred a girl as the Spy Hunter equivalent. It was fun, but can't recall the name.

Feb 10, 2016
Burstrick Wakeboarding? It came out in 2001 though.

Both of these I think are impossible.

I appreciate the effort. I don't have time to go into the whole story but there is a huge possibility I'll never find it. My memory consists solely of this vague image and given I was 3 maybe I am mis-remembering. My parents don't remember. Just thought I'd give this a try.

I am confident whatever it was could not have released after March 31st, 97.

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
PS1 game I got in about 1999-ish. I remember the visuals looking quite good for that time and it was a game where you controlled some girl and she was looking for a family member
or something like that. I think there's a line in there where someone says 'You could end up in harm's way' or anything to do with 'harm's way'. Really bugged me for years.

It may have been a point and click adventure game.

I don't remember it because it was a rented game and couldn't afford to re-new it.
Maybe The City of Lost Children?

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2016
León, Spain
I cant remember the name of a 3D adventure/platformer.

Main character is an alien (maybe a martian?) and, in the intro, he crashes in an alien planet because he was distracted playing what looked like a clone of space invaders. Then you have to repair the ship looking for parts around the planet, like Pikmin or Bubsy 3D.

It was a PC game around 1998-2002.

Than you guys!

NVM: It was M - Alien Paranoia, a cheap spanish clone of Bubsy 3D.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
I cant remember the name of a 3D adventure/platformer.

Main character is an alien (maybe a martian?) and, in the intro, he crashes in an alien planet because he was distracted playing what looked like a clone of space invaders. Then you have to repair the ship looking for parts around the planet, like Pikmin or Bubsy 3D.

It was a PC game around 1998-2002.

Than you guys!
Tonic Trouble?

Jun 25, 2004
I just remembered reading the preview of a Spectrum game once; isometric view, black and white (like "ultimate play the game" titles, or Batman etc) featuring an Indiana Jones-like main character. If i remember correctly, you controlled a group of 3 or 4 people, but i am not too sure about that. Never had the chance to play it.
Where Time Stood Still?
oh yes, that must be it ! thanks !
8 years later, turns out it wasn't it !
I just stumbled upon a scan of the magazine and it was Hewson's Pyracurse, a title I hadn't heard since 1987.