• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

This was an arcade game that came out in the late 80s which was a side scrolling adventure game that had you play as a Conan sword and sandals guy. I remember the first stage had green lizard men that would attack you. Later you fight a manticore as one of the bosses in a castle stage but I could be wrong about the setting. I never actually played it but I'd watch older kids try it out

Elite 2020

Neo Member
This was an arcade game that came out in the late 80s which was a side scrolling adventure game that had you play as a Conan sword and sandals guy. I remember the first stage had green lizard men that would attack you. Later you fight a manticore as one of the bosses in a castle stage but I could be wrong about the setting. I never actually played it but I'd watch older kids try it out
Sounds like Rastan.

hecatomb

Banned
most likely Rastan, is also on the taito legends collection.

Mr Branding

Ok guys. So this game pops in my mind but I forgot the name. It was a pc point and click adventure game in first person perspective.

You start in a living room and the art style is in the style of Beavis and Butthead cartoons.

Guess_cr

Neo Member
Of yes, there was one cool game. It was a shooter, let's say in 2007 there was a DVD disc without the instalation, just the playing version. It was based somewhere in Egypt, with some small monsters and bigger onces, which were looking like man with a boxing glove instead of the head (they were screeming)
Do you know this one? ;D

Mr Branding

Of yes, there was one cool game. It was a shooter, let's say in 2007 there was a DVD disc without the instalation, just the playing version. It was based somewhere in Egypt, with some small monsters and bigger onces, which were looking like man with a boxing glove instead of the head (they were screeming)
Do you know this one? ;D

Serious Sam?

There was a coin op, a racing game, the car looks like a porsche and i'm really sure about a bomb inside the car that explode if you miss the checkpoint. During that time, near this coin op there was WWE Wrestlefest and euro football champ (great soccer game)

This game came out during 90's

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
There was a coin op, a racing game, the car looks like a porsche and i'm really sure about a bomb inside the car that explode if you miss the checkpoint. During that time, near this coin op there was WWE Wrestlefest and euro football champ (great soccer game)

GTI Club from 1996 featured a bomb mode.

Castef

Banned
Game in the very first batch of japanese titles for PlayStation (the first one).

Some kind of futuristic Metal Slug, with 2 players co-op.

Any idea?

EDIT: nevermind, it was Rapid Reload

Last edited:

wvnative

Were there any water skiing games on PS1? Or something that took place mostly on water? Would have to have been released in March 97 or before. It wasn't hydro thunder.

I was 3 so that's all I can remember...

Oh, it wasn't Jet Moto either. That's all that comes up on google... gah...

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Were there any water skiing games on PS1? Or something that took place mostly on water? Would have to have been released in March 97 or before. It wasn't hydro thunder.

Rapid Racer?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Burstrick Wakeboarding? It came out in 2001 though.

34248-ingame-BursTrick-Wake-Boarding.png

Meowzers

PS1 game I got in about 1999-ish. I remember the visuals looking quite good for that time and it was a game where you controlled some girl and she was looking for a family member
or something like that. I think there's a line in there where someone says 'You could end up in harm's way' or anything to do with 'harm's way'. Really bugged me for years.

It may have been a point and click adventure game.

I don't remember it because it was a rented game and couldn't afford to re-new it.

zcaa0g

Banned
There was an arcade game in the late 80s/early 90s. It was like Spy Hunter where it was top down and you would transition through different vehicles but it starred a girl as the Spy Hunter equivalent. It was fun, but can't recall the name.

wvnative

Burstrick Wakeboarding? It came out in 2001 though.

34248-ingame-BursTrick-Wake-Boarding.png

Rapid Racer?

Both of these I think are impossible.

I appreciate the effort. I don't have time to go into the whole story but there is a huge possibility I'll never find it. My memory consists solely of this vague image and given I was 3 maybe I am mis-remembering. My parents don't remember. Just thought I'd give this a try.

I am confident whatever it was could not have released after March 31st, 97.

Airola

PS1 game I got in about 1999-ish. I remember the visuals looking quite good for that time and it was a game where you controlled some girl and she was looking for a family member
or something like that. I think there's a line in there where someone says 'You could end up in harm's way' or anything to do with 'harm's way'. Really bugged me for years.

It may have been a point and click adventure game.

I don't remember it because it was a rented game and couldn't afford to re-new it.

Maybe The City of Lost Children?

Last edited:

stranno

I cant remember the name of a 3D adventure/platformer.

Main character is an alien (maybe a martian?) and, in the intro, he crashes in an alien planet because he was distracted playing what looked like a clone of space invaders. Then you have to repair the ship looking for parts around the planet, like Pikmin or Bubsy 3D.

It was a PC game around 1998-2002.

Than you guys!

NVM: It was M - Alien Paranoia, a cheap spanish clone of Bubsy 3D.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
I cant remember the name of a 3D adventure/platformer.

Main character is an alien (maybe a martian?) and, in the intro, he crashes in an alien planet because he was distracted playing what looked like a clone of space invaders. Then you have to repair the ship looking for parts around the planet, like Pikmin or Bubsy 3D.

It was a PC game around 1998-2002.

Than you guys!

Tonic Trouble?

eso76

I just remembered reading the preview of a Spectrum game once; isometric view, black and white (like "ultimate play the game" titles, or Batman etc) featuring an Indiana Jones-like main character. If i remember correctly, you controlled a group of 3 or 4 people, but i am not too sure about that. Never had the chance to play it.
Where Time Stood Still?
oh yes, that must be it ! thanks !

8 years later, turns out it wasn't it !
I just stumbled upon a scan of the magazine and it was Hewson's Pyracurse, a title I hadn't heard since 1987.

Castef

Banned
I guess this is a hard one.

Arcade game, from 1988/1990.

You control a ninja. It is a 2D scrolling game very similar to Cadash.

The ninja shoots shurikens and you are able to keep the attack button pressed to charge special attacks, such as fireballs and earthquakes.

Any ideas?

Castef

Banned
I use to play this game on the original Game Boy. You were in a spacesuit on a space station, and had to often grab air tanks to refill your air supply, on these Q-Bert-esque puzzle hill things. Haven't been able to remember the name of this game for years.

Could this be Altered Space?

trikster40

Was it Chase HQ? We’re you chasing bad guys?

118124206973.png

Castef

Banned
I guess this is a hard one.

Arcade game, from 1988/1990.

You control a ninja. It is a 2D scrolling game very similar to Cadash.

The ninja shoots shurikens and you are able to keep the attack button pressed to charge special attacks, such as fireballs and earthquakes.

Any ideas?

No one? :(

Shifty

Alright, here's a tricky one for you GAF:

I remember a low-poly 3D PSP homebrew game with an isometric perspective and horror themes. I think it was some kind of action RPG, and there was a spell system with glyph visuals that would appear over a character as they cast. I don't believe there was a party in the section I played - just the protagonist.

Three major things stick in my mind about it:

First, one of the spell glyphs appeared to be a yellow swastika. I don't remember the game having any WW2 / nazi elements however, so it's quite possible that it was the religious symbol that inspired the nazi emblem instead.

Second, the antagonist was a multi-eyed many-teethed monster that called itself the huntress and spoke in the third person "we are the huntress!". There was some sort of implication that the protagonist was being placed under its thrall, taken over by it, or being driven mad by it over the course of the level. It might have been a nightmare sequence, or some sort of weird pocket reality, or god knows what else.

Third, I think it was in broken english. There was an intro text scroll that didn't make a whole lot of sense thanks to this.

Any takers? I'm dead curious as to what exactly the fuck my teenage self managed to find in the dark corners of the internet.

Last edited:
During the 360 era there was a bundle that had Marvel vs Capcom 1 and Marvel War of the Gems together. I can't remember what the bundle was called but is that sold on any current gen console?

Paasei

A diving/underwater game that was on PS1 demo disc. You we're just swimming around, with a harpoon and some net to catch (some) fish. As far is I remember it was based on "real" fish and not some sort of fantasy/sci-fi game.

AuraFeliz

Neo Member
What was the name of that one where you could be the president and you had to deal with people being happy and natural disasters (specifically a typhoon or tornado of some kind?) Its a very ancient one too on like Intellivision or maybe DOS? It was definitely something in the 80s?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
A diving/underwater game that was on PS1 demo disc. You we're just swimming around, with a harpoon and some net to catch (some) fish. As far is I remember it was based on "real" fish and not some sort of fantasy/sci-fi game.
Treasures of the Deep.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What was the name of that one where you could be the president and you had to deal with people being happy and natural disasters (specifically a typhoon or tornado of some kind?) Its a very ancient one too on like Intellivision or maybe DOS? It was definitely something in the 80s?

Not the original Sim City?

maxresdefault.jpg

Treasures of the Deep.

One of those classic "everybody played the demo disc" games.

Airola

If it's not Treasures of the Deep mentioned above, it could be Aquanaut's Holiday.

I figured I would throw my remembered game into the ring, seeing as it has bothered me for a while now that I can't remember the name of it. In fact, I almost wonder if it existed in some crazy dream of mines.

Basically, it was for the PC and it was educational game that dealt in Math. But it was sort of like a first person shooter. I remember that you were on some type of ship and there were these creatures that you could stun with some type of gun that you had and, on certain doors on the ship, you had to solve a math problem just to unlock it. Also, there were certain rooms that sort of simulated being outside. I don't know. The game was cool though, and I wonder if anyone remembers something like that, even with the small amount of info given.

The only other memory of the game I have is that I think the enemies or something in the game was called Pythagoras. Man, I hope someone remembers this.

Edit: I think the game came out around maybe the late 90s to the early 00s. I remember getting it somewhere around junior high school, so might be 2000.

So that was six years ago, and I learned what the name of the game was after a while. And I thought I was crazy because the name was so simple, and I think I generally mistook it for Math Blaster. But it's called Math Invaders.

Just figured I would share that since I saw this thread was somewhat still alive.

Top Bottom