• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you would like to see with the actual art featured in their box arts

jigglet

Banned
I was thinking about the future of Mario Kart and how the last 3-4 have been virtually identical. I thought how cool it would be to have the OG art style in full cel-shaded glory. Imagine the following brought to life:

Key-art.png

What other games would look really nice in their OG art styles? I imagine a ton of NES / SNES-era games would fit this bill nicely now that we have the tech.

I've also always been a big fan of Metal Gear box arts but it's so abstract I don't know if it could really be made into a game, unless it's a short experimental thing like Flower.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Literally every game I bought in the 8-bit and 16-bit generations. Usually all you had to go on was box art and maybe a screenshot or two on the back of the box.

taizuke

Great thread idea, OP.

A Mario Kart with that art style would look incredible and graphics are up to the point that if Nintendo wanted they could definitely do it.

Literally every game I bought in the 8-bit and 16-bit generations. Usually all you had to go on was box art and maybe a screenshot or two on the back of the box.

Hence how I came to own a number of games that I never really liked. Like Jaws or Top Gun. But it also didn't help when I had money to buy a game but the stores only had a few specific titles to choose from. Thank god for rental stores.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Theres probably a ton of games out there with great covers and not so great in-game graphics.
I'll start here. I'd buy any game that had decent gameplay and could successfully recreate the girl on the cover.

hot-covers-dungeons-and-dragons.jpg
Man, SSI cRPGs covers were really something. The whole era was incredible with regards to box art.

Psos

Neo Member
This game has a style, climate, and class I miss that kind of game, and I even haven't heard about that kind of dark fantasy game nowadays.

gothic.jpg

Top Bottom