• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GamesBeat] Respawn working on a new FPS focusing on “mobility” and “style”

Jose92

[Membe

Respawn has only ever confirmed small tidbits about Alavi’s game. It is a third project alongside continuing development of Apex Legends and the sequel to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The studio has also previously said it is a single-player adventure. In addition to those details, I’ve learned it is a first-person shooter with triple-A ambitions, and the design team is striving for “mobility” and “style” as guiding principles.

This third game is not, however, a sequel to Titanfall 1 and 2.

season 13 dont get too excited buddy GIF by America's Got Talent

It is not a Titanfall sequal

Last edited:
I suspect they've looked at the performance of arena shooters over the last 5 years and will not go in that direction.
Good. The base balancing of Arena is a good thing for the shooter sandbox. Over time it just eats itself though. A shooter needs more than just squad hyper competitive twitch shit 100% of the time.

Wish it was TF3, TF2 was a brilliant campaign. I'm super happy if it's anything as good as Apex Legends though. Both have overtaken modern Halo for me. I hope they don't go too crazy with the mobility though. The dialling back of mobility from TF2 to Apex is a large part of why it works so well. I cannot imagine giving rise to all players all the time to portal, grapple, wall run, double jump and more. It eventually breaks maps or limits on encounters. When you and your enemy have a million options it's too much. Apex works as you inherently identify the character traits of movement or abilities and play the meta from there. I don't want a matrices of meta or being attacked from all sorts of random vectors during engagements.

I do trust Respawn, probably the most out of any studio around, to get the mechanics and balancing right. I don't expect 100% but they've shown some awesome launch quality, sustain and content with the last 3 games. TF2, Fallen Order and Apex Legends. What a fucking run. Can't wait to see what they have next, whether that's campaign, PvE or PvP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom