• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gamescom 2016 exhibitor list and hall plans are up

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update: Sony will be there: http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gam...alues={"stichwort":"sony+computer","start":0}

gamescom_15_044_051m0upd.jpg

Photo from gamescom 2015.

It appears that the exhibitor list and hall plans of gamescom 2016 were made available today on July 5, 2016 (or perhaps earlier, but when I checked yesterday I couldn't access the list). Sony is not in the list at the moment (though they could be added later), but Microsoft and Nintendo will be there.

gamescom 2016 takes place August 17-21 in Köln (Cologne), Germany.

Exhibitor list (search): http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/exhibitor-search/index.php

Hall plans: http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gam...xhibition-halls/index.php?fw_goto=hallenplan/

I'll list below the larger companies that will be exhibiting:

• 505 GAMES
  • Activision Blizzard Deutschland GmbH
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Germany GmbH
  • Bethesda Softworks Zenimax Germany GmbH
  • CCP hf
  • CD PROJEKT S.A.
  • Deep Silver a division of Koch Media GmbH
  • Don't Nod Entertainment
  • Electronic Arts GmbH
  • Blizzard Entertainment SAS
  • Focus Home Interactive
  • Frontier Development PLC
  • GIANTS SOFTWARE ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
  • HTC Vive
  • Kalypso Media Group GmbH
  • Konami Digital Entertainment B.V.
  • Microsoft Corporation
  • Milestone Srl
  • Nintendo of Europe GmbH
  • NORDIC GAMES GmbH
  • NVIDIA GmbH
  • Oculus VR, Inc.
  • Perfect World Europe B.V.
  • Rebellion
  • Splash Damage
  • Sony Computer Entertainment Deutschland GmbH
  • Square Enix GmbH
  • Take-Two Interactive GmbH
  • Techland Sp z o.o.
  • UBISOFT GmbH
  • Wargaming Europe S.A.S
  • Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc

Sony had a huge booth at Gamescom last year even if they didn't have a press conference. I'm not sure why they wouldn't attend - are we sure this is a final list?

AmFreak

Sony was there last time, they just didn't held a conference

It would be really strange if they were missing entirely.

ekim

Sony had a huge booth at Gamescom last year even if they didn't have a press conference. I'm not sure why they wouldn't attend - are we sure this is a final list?

No. Sony wasn't in the initial list last year as well but got added later.
Still waiting on the info if MS is doing a conference this year.

Dutchman

Neo Member
Sony had the largest booth there last year iirc, even though they didn't have a conference. This is weird. European PSX incoming?

What do you guys mean, Sony missing? I'm preeetty sure that i played the (still called) Morpheus stuff at their booth(s) last year. And Battlefront because they didn't have a 3 hour long line. And i was in a developer-playthrough of the Horizon E³ demo.

Aaron D.

Nice.

amlX6Hf.png

Focus Home Interactive always debuts footage for their upcoming Farming Simulator titles at Gamescom. Looking forward to FS17 reels.

They always have a really fun booth as well.

DKHF

Weird that Sony won't be exhibiting even if they aren't having a conference since IIRC they still exhibited/had a presence on the showfloor at last year's Gamescom.

But regardless them not having a conference there kind of sucks in that it means a long wait between E3 and their next conference (TGS). But PGW last year was pretty good and spacing the conferences out more gives the EU developers (ie Guerrilla, Quantic Dream) that were at E3 enough time to have something new to show at the SIEE conference.

Edit: I see above that Sony weren't in the initial list of exhibitors last year so they probably will be there on the floor again this year.

Phamit

Sony was on the Gamescom last year, they didn't had a Conference. Two different things.

Sony skipping Gamescom would be new and a big bummer

No. Sony wasn't in the initial list last year as well but got added later.
Still waiting on the info if MS is doing a conference this year.

Yeah it's a bit odd how there has been no word on that yet. Last year they were quite clear with their message. Part 1 of their games lineup at E3 and part 2 at GC. They announced that even before E3. There's still time though.

Mendax

what are you people talking about - sony had the largest booth last year and will probably have the same this year if not larger

They never "skipped" Gamescom. They had a huge showfloor last year. Like.... every year. They simply "skipped" the conference.

The exhibitor list isn't final folks. Sony is simply late, just like last year.

And the year before that.

Every year like clockwork.

what are you people talking about - sony had the largest booth last year and will probably have the same this year if not larger

Sony is NEVER on the first list of exhibitors confirmed for Gamescom.

So every year we have people asking "Is Sony skipping?" only for Sony to be confirmed days or weeks later as an exhibitor in an updated list.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I updated the OP slightly to reflect the situation with Sony.

AmuroChan

Wasn't there a rumor that Sony may do a European PSX? If that's the case, they really don't need Gamescom or PGW.

Wasn't there a rumor that Sony may do a European PSX? If that's the case, they really don't need Gamescom or PGW.

They may not do conferences there, but they wouldn't skip the show entirely. Last year they didn't do a conference at gamescom but they still had a booth setup. It really doesn't benefit them at all to skip out entirely on Europe's biggest gaming show.

But as Raylan mentioned, they were absent on the initial exhibitor list last year and it just turned out that they were late.

AmuroChan

They may not do conferences there, but they wouldn't skip the show entirely. Last year they didn't do a conference at gamescom but they still had a booth setup. It really doesn't benefit them at all to skip out entirely on Europe's biggest gaming show.

But as Raylan mentioned, they were absent on the initial exhibitor list last year and it just turned out that they were late.

Right, I should clarify that I was referring to the press conference part.

Right, I should clarify that I was referring to the press conference part.

I think most people are when they say Sony aren't going to be there, because to non-attendees like me and presumably you, it's the conference part that only matters. Sony turning up but not holding a presser gets nothing but a shrug from me.

Top Bottom