• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2021 list of participants - Xbox, Electronic Arts, SEGA, and Ubisoft, Bandai Namco. Sony/Nintendo skipping.

Bartski

Gold Member

Preparations for the world's biggest event for computer and video games are in full swing. Numerous developers and publishers have already confirmed their digital participation as gamescom partners, including various top international companies. Among those taking part are:
  • 505 Games
  • Activision
  • Aerosoft
  • Assemble Entertainment
  • astragon Entertainment
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
  • Bethesda Softworks
  • Electronic Arts
  • GAMEVIL COM2US Europe
  • Headup
  • Indie Arena Booth
  • Koch Media
  • NExT Studios (Tencent Games)
  • SEGA Europe
  • Team17
  • Thunderful Games
  • Ubisoft
  • Wargaming
  • Xbox

full press release:

more:

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Sony is skipping because they have their own event in August.

GIF by Identity

MiguelItUp

Rather than getting hyped, I'm just hoping we see ANYTHING at least MODERATELY cool, lmao.

90% of the industry is missing the event but of course Evil Sony strikers again.
I mean, I'm by no means an "Evil Sony striker", but I think a lot of people were hoping to see or hear something from them by then. I mean, it's the last big expo of the year. Can't really blame anyone for feeling that way I'd say.

ethomaz

Banned
Nobody called Sony evil for skipping an event.

They are behind in showcasing their wares is all. They are developing 20+ games. So maybe show them?
They released a lot already... and are scheduled to release even more.
They keep showing and releasing games.

What alternative reality people are living? Few days ago Sony showed gameplay for another game to release in a few months.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

The Sony show is rumored to be in August. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Clearly they're not in a rush to announce a date. If E3 was a damp squib, there's no point in Gamescom. The biggest show of the year was an absolute turd.

ethomaz

Banned
Never seen this much praise for launch line up of a system, that will ultimately be forgotten.
Because it is really outstanding.
You should play them maybe you won't forgotten it after that.

That's an interesting take if I ever saw one
I'm not even sure what he is trying to say because it is really hard to what he said happens.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Looking forward for more CG trailers.
These are better looking ones!
You have never seen fully uncompressed high quality pixels like in these gamescom 2021 trailers. They are so much vibrant, more real! Gonna be amazing!!!1111
I95crMT.png

That’s probably the most nosensical sentence I’ve heard in a while
(A.I written text) https://app.inferkit.com/demo

These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has ever seen.
The original 8 bit processor that the Commodore 64 used to draw the images was a total of 8 pixel dots per inch. It was the brightest display that you could get for $400. Now we can draw pictures with pixels that are as big as a postage stamp. Why? The software engine on the PC is really strong and a lot of it was written from scratch, so we have a much better foundation than we did back then. Also, we are using a lot of hardware that we didn’t have a couple of decades ago.

To get these pixels we had to make some extremely difficult compromises, because the way computers work is by breaking algorithms into small pieces and analyzing how each part works. We chose this particular method, and it's taken us this far. It's not as simple as simply taking the hardest pixel in the image, or the pixel that just gets all the colors right, and outputting that pixel to the image. It's got to be both a bit faster, and more accurate.

We're the only company that has been granted rights to bring them to market. They're some of the best pixel measurements I've ever taken. Another thing that was very different was that, this time, I'd assembled a crew of collaborators who are—among other things—film editors, 3D animators, and some of the top-notch technical artists I've ever worked with. Their field was animation and visual effects, so they were among the best artists in their fields, who had very specific skill sets. In the past, I had myself do an asexual scan, and then I'd work with a 3D artist to ...

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Never in history has a console maker pulled this shit off.

No major event for whole year.
You probably doesn't follow Nintendo lol

While Sony is showing big games and releasing them it will be fine.
You don't need to participate in dead shows for that... you can do your own shows thought the year like Nintendo and now Sony is doing.

They already announced several games, released a lot of them, and have more to come this year yet.
There is no harm to consumers to release games they are waiting for.

Last edited:
I'm being serious, the wording makes it hard to tell. I have to know whether to hit "triggered" or "LOL".

I kind of read it as both. But knowing him he probably means the system based off what he expects from Xbox in the future.

Although I personally don't believe either one will be forgotten.

Last edited:
It was a turd if you only own a PS5. I found many games in the event to be hyped about.

E3 was lit man.

Stalker 2 + Psychonauts 2 + Starfield

Breath of the wild 2 + Metroid Dread.

I'm being serious, the wording makes it hard to tell. I have to know whether to hit "triggered" or "LOL".

Go for triggered

You probably doesn't follow Nintendo lol

While Sony is showing big games and releasing them it will be fine.
You don't need to participate in dead shows for that... you can do your own shows thought the year like Nintendo and now Sony is doing.

They already announced several games, released a lot of them, and have more to come this year yet.
There is no harm to consumers to release games they are waiting for.

Only interesting game Sony has released so far is Returnal. Rest is all okish.

Sony wants to tightly control the narrative around their brand just like Nintendo does so they'll be doing their own events from now on. Makes sense.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Seems like apart from some "Director's Cuts" of last-gen games and some 3rd party timed exclusives, Sony doesn't have anything worthwhile to show. God of War: Ragnarok and GT7 must be farther behind in development than we thought.
Thats probably the only reason why they skipped E3 and are now skipping Gamescom.

I mean Horizon, GT7 and GOW were all announced as 2021 titles just last year so they shouldve been entering the polishing stage at the start of this year. I can understand games getting delayed due to covid but they cant even manage some new footage of games that started development in 2017 and 2018?

And no one seems to be asking just what they had planned for 2022. GT7, GoW2, Horizon 2 are 2022 titles NOW after the delays due to covid. But what was sony first party planning on releasing in 2022 and why cant they show it? These are not games 4 years down the line. These are games that sony must have planned for a 2022 release. Unless we are assuming Sony had NO next gen games set for release in 2021 and 2022 after Ratchet?

Either way, this is a bad look. They said they have 25 new games in the works at first party studios. Just pick like 5 of them and do a show. What is up with this secrecy and indie shows?

ethomaz

Banned
Only interesting game Sony has released so far is Returnal. Rest is all okish.
Well that's tell a lot about you...

I wouldn't call Ratchet "okish".
Neither game launched until now is.
In fact if you compare with old console releases, for example PS4, you will find the quality of the games are way better with PS5.

Sony is a step up in delivery this generation compared with previous ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom