• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2021 list of participants - Xbox, Electronic Arts, SEGA, and Ubisoft, Bandai Namco. Sony/Nintendo skipping.

Well that's tell a lot about you...

wOyl7oM.jpg
wvCzvL8.jpg

ksdixon

Seriously, Sony? Skipping this event too?

Your PSX event better announce ALL the rumored games and offer free handies at this rate.

It's kind of Sony's thing now to not show up at events. Knowing that, I still find it weird that they're skipping again...

Unless, they have a big event of their own planned for August?

sad-face-please.gif

<i choose to believe>

Saber

Gold Member
Kinda not feeling the hype after e3...got a feel thats gonna be either teasers or CG.

And whats the big deal about Sony? People want they to repeat their lamish State of Play fiasco?

Fredrik

I would rather wait until the games are relatively close to release, I personally don't like entirely in-engine / target render or CGI trailers when the game is 2 or 3 years away.
So they have nothing ready for release until 2023-2024 then, or what are you saying?

I just got a PS5 a few weeks ago so I’m still catching up on the launch titles, I don’t feel any game drought yet. But sooner or later they need to show what they’ll have for the rest of the year for those who bought the console early.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Didn’t Sony start skipping Gamescom 3 or 4 years ago because they preferred the timing of Paris Games Week?
Well at least on with PS4 I believe they just attended the first Gamescom lol

Dude, win is built into my argument.

Sony has to show something.

If you think otherwise you automatically loose.
Maybe you should open your eyes first...

Sony not just showed the games they will launch in 2021 and 2022 plus they released a lot fo them in 2021 already plus they showed gameplay to what they will launch in late 2021.

Of course they will show more near the release.

I mean Sony is showing and releasing games like usual... 3-4 big games per year.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Looking forward to this :)
Wonder if Xbox will have any more new announcements? I doubt it, as I can imagine it will focus on upcoming titles/game pass stuff this year, but I wouldn't mind being wrong :)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Let see....

Bandai Namco: At this point I don't need another trailer From Tales of Arise since I'm already sold, I just waiting for the game to get released.
SEGA: I already got massive story trailer from SMT5, so I'm good
Ubisoft: I would only care if they show more of Mario + Rabbits 2

.......I don't care for the rest.

xrnzaaas

Sony is more and more focused on doing their own thing just like Nintendo has been doing for many years now. I stopped being surprised by their no-shows some time ago. I don't necessarily treat it as a bad thing even though in some cases it allows MS to shine in the spotlight, especially with multiplatform games being more likely to be associated with Xbox consoles.

I would. Looks like more of the same to me. And no multiplayer….its effectively a shooter ffs. £70 no thanks. Got burned by returnal already!

Well everything is more of the same if you look at it from a certain viewpoint. Like games like HFW, Elden Ring or FH5. Doesn't mean they will be bad games though or be average because they are simar to other games.

ANIMAL1975

Never seen this much praise for launch line up of a system, that will ultimately be forgotten.
Precisely, they should've anticipated this and go the same route as the other system _ this way would have nothing to be forgotten on their launch.
Hope it's better than the 1 they just had.
State of Play is not a playstation event, you never saw the PlayStation Experience? How long are you on GAF?

Top Bottom