• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2021 list of participants - Xbox, Electronic Arts, SEGA, and Ubisoft, Bandai Namco. Sony/Nintendo skipping.

I was talking about E3 and they showed no games due 2 - 4 years from now, that's the point I was making. Obviously games take time to make.

Yeah they did. Outer Worlds 2 and Contraband

I don't see your point. The other guy said people want Sony to announce games not out for 2 - 4 years, and the only reason we have a huge lineup of Xbox FP games that we know about is because that's exactly what Microsoft is doing

Last edited:
Yeah they did. Outer Worlds 2 and Contraband

I don't see your point. The other guy said people want Sony to announce games not out for 2 - 4 years, and the only reason we have a huge lineup of Xbox FP games that we know about is because that's exactly what Microsoft is doing
Neither was given a release date, and that's 2 out of 30 games, are you having laugh?

That's got nothing to do with the conversation, the guy was talking rubbish saying 2 - 4 years which is plainly wrong and now you've come along with more nonsense. There were no games announced at E3 that had a release date of 2 - 4 years away. Now take the L and think next time before posting garbage.
Yes it does. The argument is Microsoft/Sony announcing games late/early. Third party games have fuck all to do with that. They control their own games. Not shit like STALKER or FF16

Seems like you're using them as an excuse to ignore that fact that most of Microsofts lineup were announced during early production

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Trade shows are dead. There is no reason to waste money on them. Corana has accelerated the popularity/acceptance of online streaming even more. I mean, the "internet" has always been popular, but since so many people were in lockdown, even the ones who weren't that familiar with streaming had to figure out how all that works. And now people have been getting used to it.

What's the point of Gamescom online? All the big platform holders/publishers can just do their own directs or literally just throw their information online. All the gaming sites, news sites, streamers, youtubers, etc. will spread the word in no time - all for free.

ethomaz

Banned
I would. Looks like more of the same to me. And no multiplayer….its effectively a shooter ffs. £70 no thanks. Got burned by returnal already!
By your definition Mario is more of the same.
That is how crazy it is.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure what he is trying to say because it is really hard to what he said happens.
f8iVUXN.jpg

LKyfnS9.jpg

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Don't worry Sony not attending big mass media events is a good thing, or so I've been told here
I've been told Sony won't attend these events cause "visions" for the future of gaming doesn't match - like support for lootboxes and microtransactions - at least that's what E3 is doing. I don't know if Gamescom is any better - or worse.

reksveks

I've been told Sony won't attend these events cause "visions" for the future of gaming doesn't match - like support for lootboxes and microtransactions - at least that's what E3 is doing. I don't know if Gamescom is any better - or worse.
I do like how you used 'visions' in quotes. The dirty secret that no platform holders want to admit.

It's actually Sony who started this trend at the beginning of PS4 gen. Which they still do seeing how their games revealed year ago already got delayed to 2022, and no one know if they'll even hit that year as well.

Lmao what? Microsoft was just as guilty as Sony at the beginning of last gen

Sony has actually done better this time around while Microsoft has gotten worse

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Do you even have a PS5?
I have it. Nothing interesting there for me actually. I am not fan of ratchet and clank. I got that ps4 game for free, and i havent touched it. Same for Ori games. I am waiting for HFW, GOW2. The only upcoming Sony games, which i am interested in right now. So for now, my little brother is playing on it.

Is it possible for Sony to make, New infamous game? I loved the ps3 game.

I have it. Nothing interesting there for me actually. I am not fan of ratchet and clank. I got that ps4 game for free, and i havent touched it. Same for Ori games. I am waiting for HFW, GOW2. The only upcoming Sony games, which i am interested in right now. So for now, my little brother is playing on it.

Is it possible for Sony to make, New infamous game? I loved the ps3 game.

I don't expect them to go back to Infamous for a long time if ever with the success of Ghosts and Spiderman being their superhero mascot

Dolomite

Lmao damn at this point I'm hoping Sony's August event is a blow out because.. radio silence is loud as hell

Also gonna need to see Hellblade in action and a proper fable trailer

Top Bottom