• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Gamesindustry.biz] In Europe 44% of Elden Ring Sales Were on PC

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Its interesting that the other multiplatform game Dying light 2 sold the vast majority on Playstation

"At No.5 in the charts is Dying Light 2: Stay Human. The new zombie game from Techland sold best on PS5, which accounted for 44% of sales, followed by PS4 (28%), then Xbox Series (16%) and finally PC (12%)."

Total 72% Playstation. Interesting differences compared to Elden Ring.
More data shows that PS is the lead platform of sales for 3rd party titles.
Now that is pretty wild.

Playstation outselling Xbox by more than 4:1?

And DL2 is competing against Horizon on Playstation.

Neofire

It proves that more people bought on PC, you're acting like the rest of the sales don't exist.

I bet some people were itching for this thread to let their inner warrior loose.
Yeah I peeped this too, so many literally are bursting at the seams in wanting to say "see all games should be on PC!"

Especially when there are hundreds of games that sake much better on consoles (and not just in one region either) where that same statement can be said.

reksveks

Now that is pretty wild.

Playstation outselling Xbox by more than 4:1?

And DL2 is competing against Horizon on Playstation.
Wonder if its related to

Participating companies are Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Big Ben Interactive, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Focus Home Interactive, Just For Games, Koch Media, Konami, Microids, Microsoft, Milestone, Paradox Interactive, Quantic Dream, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Strelka, Take-Two, Tinybull, Ubisoft, UsTwo, Walt Disney, Warner Bros and Wizards of the Coast. Nintendo and Bethesda are the notable absentees, alongside smaller studios.

Techland self published the digital game.

It is the reason behind the weird cdpr numbers.

I have asked Chris on twitter for more information

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Nope. Try again.

so, in your imagination, Sony called From software and they are still waiting for them to call them back because they’re unhappy with the roughly 4-6 million copies of Elden ring they’ve sold on PlayStation so far?
I didn't say that. So in your imagination you don't think Sony has reached out to From to discuss making a sequel to Bloodborne? Sony is happy to let the series die after Souls games have exploded in popularity? What is it?

IntentionalPun

Wonder if its related to

Participating companies are Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Big Ben Interactive, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Focus Home Interactive, Just For Games, Koch Media, Konami, Microids, Microsoft, Milestone, Paradox Interactive, Quantic Dream, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Strelka, Take-Two, Tinybull, Ubisoft, UsTwo, Walt Disney, Warner Bros and Wizards of the Coast. Nintendo and Bethesda are the notable absentees, alongside smaller studios.

Techland self published the digital game.

It seems to be the reason for the weird CDPR numbers.
Oh so no digital numbers.

Yeah that explains it. That's actually pretty much what Elden Ring was reported as sales gap wise when it was just the UK physical charts.

So just.. really unreliable.. at this point reporting just physical sales should come with a massive asterisks lol

edit: Thing is DL2 doesn't have the asterisk at all.. but it seems to just be something GI.biz puts on there and they kinda lazily just tag Nintendo games ignoring that many of the pubs dont supply data

Last edited:

reksveks

Oh so no digital numbers.

Yeah that explains it. That's actually pretty much what Elden Ring was reported as sales gap wise when it was just the UK physical charts.

So just.. really unreliable.. at this point reporting just physical sales should come with a massive asterisks lol

edit: Thing is DL2 doesn't have the asterisk at all.. but it seems to just be something GI.biz puts on there and they kinda lazily just tag Nintendo games ignoring that many of the pubs dont supply data
Yeah, it's weird, why they don't have an asterisk. I also got shown this disclaimer in the UK monthly article which is also from GSD

Dying Light 2: Stay Human comes in at No.6. Digital data is unavailable for this game, so it may well have charted much higher if download numbers were available.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Its interesting that the other multiplatform game Dying light 2 sold the vast majority on Playstation

"At No.5 in the charts is Dying Light 2: Stay Human. The new zombie game from Techland sold best on PS5, which accounted for 44% of sales, followed by PS4 (28%), then Xbox Series (16%) and finally PC (12%)."

Total 72% Playstation. Interesting differences compared to Elden Ring.
More data shows that PS is the lead platform of sales for 3rd party titles.

How is this possible? How can PS gamers have soooo much money to buy DL2, Horizon FW, GT7, and Elden Ring? All within a 45 day span!

IntentionalPun

How is this possible? How can PS gamers have soooo much money to buy DL2, Horizon FW, GT7, and Elden Ring? All within a 45 day span!
Well it appears to just be another "this is only showing physical copies" thing so the split is probably more like the ER split which was like 41/29 PS/Xbox since it's physical only split was similar to DL2, but DL2 has no digital data.

Not that your comment isn't still valid; it's crazy month considering Sony's exclusives, but there isn't really any evidence that Xbox gamers spend less money per capita or anything.

Top Bottom