• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesIndustry - UK Charts: Days Gone defeats Mortal Kombat 11 to claim No.1

demigod

Huh? What is this statement even trying to say?

Reviews are opinions pieces. The popularity of something has no correlation with its quality - plenty of good things sell poorly, and plenty of bad things sell well. Why would this affect any reviewers opinion on a product?

If you're not dumb, you can figure it out yourself.

DanielsM

Banned
tl;dr You didn't like the fact that they didn't like the game that you like.

No, just glad I don't listen to people that don't even understand the basics of modern game mechanics. She apparently doesn't understand the game mechanics (which she barely mentioned) appear in all kinds of games and even ones her own site gives 9s and 10s to. Of course, we're passing up the point that she is completely unaware why all the zombies are "white". She really has about as much business reviewing video games as my grandma. (of course, that site and the other ones have been on my ban list for a few years.... seems like its the same sites over and over)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This, “they’re just opinions” handwaving is the most disingenuous shit people troll other people with online.

“Opinions” can be critiqued, and painfully transparent agenda can and do stick out. So kindly get bent with the dismissive jabs serving only to rile others up.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Huh? What is this statement even trying to say?

Reviews are opinions pieces. The popularity of something has no correlation with its quality - plenty of good things sell poorly, and plenty of bad things sell well. Why would this affect any reviewers opinion on a product?

Consumers lost interest in the Xbox One.
An opinion is fine, if someone actually went through a game and gave an honest and balanced review, that's fine, whatever that score is.....However, when people review games, don't finish the game that's a problem, when they say things about the game that's not true, that's a problem, when they bring politics and social engineering into a review, that's a problem.......If a game has issues, technical, gameplay-wise, framerate is poor, it plays like superman 64, by all means go broke, yet you still need to show in your review "what you're talking about"......

I don't think anyone here has a problem with DG's overall score per se, it is some of the individual scores from certain outlets that don't make sense, some of the lower scores, which reads like people who have no idea on some basic parts of the game........You may say it's PS fans who are just disappointed that this game did not get higher reviews, it's not.......I'll tell you this, when I listen to some of the guys who review these games, some don't even game on consoles, some don't even know basic features of a PS4, some look like they don't even play or like games..........

DanielsM

Banned
Days Gone is about to pass Sekiro (PS4) on Amazon for 2019 in sales at #51/50, please note that Sekiro is multiplatform though, but its been out 6 weeks and Days Gone 6 days. My guess remains 4 - 7m within a year, possible 10m in 2 years.

demigod

Days Gone is about to pass Sekiro (PS4) on Amazon for 2019 in sales at #51/50, please note that Sekiro is multiplatform though, but its been out 6 weeks and Days Gone 6 days. My guess remains 4 - 7m within a year, possible 10m in 2 years.

Holyshit, honestly didn’t think it would be close to Sekiro.

An opinion is fine, if someone actually went through a game and gave an honest and balanced review, that's fine, whatever that score is.....However, when people review games, don't finish the game that's a problem, when they say things about the game that's not true, that's a problem, when they bring politics and social engineering into a review, that's a problem.......If a game has issues, technical, gameplay-wise, framerate is poor, it plays like superman 64, by all means go broke, yet you still need to show in your review "what you're talking about"......

I don't think anyone here has a problem with DG's overall score per se, it is some of the individual scores from certain outlets that don't make sense, some of the lower scores, which reads like people who have no idea on some basic parts of the game........You may say it's PS fans who are just disappointed that this game did not get higher reviews, it's not.......I'll tell you this, when I listen to some of the guys who review these games, some don't even game on consoles, some don't even know basic features of a PS4, some look like they don't even play or like games...
Wrong.

Not finishing a game because you're not enjoying it a completely valid criticism against a game.

The amount of confirmation bias in this thread is through the roof.

If you ignore the "social engineering" and "politics", there are still tonnes of complaints about the game itself, and people are being disingenuous by ignoring them. The game just isn't that great - it's slow, tedious, outdated looking, and just a general bore to play.

People are latching on to criticisms of the purple criticising the game than the actual criticisms the critics have made. Ad hominems aren't an argument. I'll wager most people haven't even read the reviews or reviewers they're criticising, and have only seen screenshots of some choice quotes.

Last edited:

gifgaf

Wrong.

Not finishing a game because you're not enjoying it a completely valid criticism against a game.

If you ignore the "social engineering" and "politics", there are still tonnes of complaints about the game itself, and people are being disingenuous by ignoring them. The game just isn't that great - it's slow, tedious, outdated looking, and just a general bore to play.

People are latching on to criticisms of the purple criticising the game than the actual criticisms the critics have made. Ad hominems aren't an argument. I'll wager most people haven't even read the reviews or reviewers they're criticising, and have only seen screenshots of some choice quotes.
I cannot respect a review if the reviewer doesn't finish the game. There are exceptions but this is one game that should be finished before posting a review, if not its just an impressions rather than a review.

Evilms

Banned
Days Gone beat MK11 in Australia (Retail Physic Only) and New Zeland too (Physic and Digital) :

Top 10 AUS
  1. Days Gone
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  4. Super Smash Bros. Utlimate
  5. Fallout 76
  6. Marvel's Spider-Man
  7. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  8. The Division 2
  9. Red Dead Redemption 2
  10. The LEGO Movie 2 Video game

Top 10 NZ
  1. Days Gone
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  4. Red Dead Redemption II
  5. Marvel's Spider-Man
  6. Far Cry New Dawn
  7. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  8. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
  9. Tom Clancy's The Division 2
  10. FIFA 19
https://igea.net/

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
This game I wasn’t interested in at all because it’s open world which I got bored of and zombie setting which needs to take a rest. Was amazed that the game is actually good and I like it more the more I play. It’s nothing special but the game is so much fun

DanielsM

Banned
Holyshit, honestly didn’t think it would be close to Sekiro.

Could be Sony's most profitable title ever by the time its all over with, that's a small studio by today's standards.

It should be able to pass Sekiro (PS4) and Resident Evil (PS4) on Amazon within a day or so as RE2 is #47. Probably will never catch Kingdom Heart III. It might outsell MK11 (PS4) but probably not across platforms. Seems to be still selling like gang busters overseas still, everywhere I see it either #1 or #2. Mini-hit guaranteed, mega-hit still a possibility - they need to fix bugs and strong word of mouth, and 10m+ is not out of the question.

Last edited:

FranXico

Wrong.

Sure that are plenty of valid criticisms about the game. Coming even from people who enjoyed it. Nobody is claiming it's perfect.

Just because there are shortcomings in a game, that doesn't automatically make it altogether terrible, or "slow, tedious, outdated looking, and just a general bore to play". Claiming such a thing is, in fact, disingenuous.

Ironic that you mention confirmation bias... I agree, it's through the roof here.

Last edited:

Three

That MK11 was the most successful launch in the franchise history? That according to benji sales twitter who observed the strong sales of Days Gone before this piece broke that MK11 physical skus combined are "much higher" than Days Gone? Why wouldnt I like that data? Lol
Of course this would be the s
This, “they’re just opinions” handwaving is the most disingenuous shit people troll other people with online.

“Opinions” can be critiqued, and painfully transparent agenda can and do stick out. So kindly get bent with the dismissive jabs serving only to rile others up.
I think opinions can be critiqued but I also think people who critique those opinions should be aware that it's just their opinions too which don't align. Not go around saying 'you're not even a gamer' just because somebody else didn't enjoy something.

I do agree that a bunch of people are riling others up though from every side. SJW, anti-SJW, Xbox fanboys and PS fanboys alike.

DanielsM

Banned
I think opinions can be critiqued but I also think people who critique those opinions should be aware that it's just their opinions too which don't align. Not go around saying 'you're not even a gamer' just because somebody else didn't enjoy something.

I do agree that a bunch of people are riling others up though from every side. SJW, anti-SJW, Xbox fanboys and PS fanboys alike.

Well, all I can say is anyone that rated this game less than say 80 without a very good explanation as to why i.e. a game stopping bug to justify it, they either have some type of issue, they don't understand modern game mechanics (not a gamer), their idea of gaming is vastly different than mine or...... they just plain stuck at their job. Take your pick, I don't consider this an average game, I don't consider this a good game, I don't consider this a great game... I actually consider it amazing so far. And I normally don't even bother with games under 80 m.c. , if these people are playing games better than this one... I want to know what the hell they are playing - I've never played anything like this. Its unfortunate some are running into bugs.

I will end it there as this is a sales thread and probably off topic at this point.

Just because there are shortcomings in a game, that doesn't automatically make it altogether terrible, or "slow, tedious, outdated looking, and just a general bore to play". Claiming such a thing is, in fact, disingenuous.
How is this disingenuous?

Ironic that you mention confirmation bias... I agree, it's through the roof here.
*laughs*

No.

I'm not insulting critics who do like it, or clutching to ad hominems to undermine their character in order to justify dismissing their opinions as potentially valid. Because that would be confirmation bias.

Last edited:

mejin

I think all of this will make Bend a better developer. Sure, there is a lot of shit to discard from the reviews, but they can listen and take some constructive criticism about the game and do way better next time.

The great news is since the game is doing good on sales, they will have credits for another big project.

Evilms

Banned
It is also the leading sales in Japan in various stores :

GYwVvfq.jpg

Days Gone ~80K apparently, which is huge for a PS4 exclusive title.

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
Is that for Australia only?

Yes this the australian top for 2nd week of june.

Top 10 Switzerland for Week 22, 2019

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  2. Days Gone
  3. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  5. FIFA 19
  6. Minecraft
  7. Super Mario Party
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Team Sonic Racing
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yes this the australian top for 2nd week of june.

Top 10 Switzerland for Week 22, 2019

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  2. Days Gone
  3. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  5. FIFA 19
  6. Minecraft
  7. Super Mario Party
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Team Sonic Racing
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Crazy to see Days Gone sell great literally worldwide! Do you happen to have access to any sells in South American or African countries?

Evilms

Banned
Sorry I don't know about the South American/African countries, but he is still first in Germany for example for the month of May

game_PC-Charts_Top20_Mail2019.jpg

And still #1 in UK individual format (units)

1. PS4 DAYS GONE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
2. PS4 TEAM SONIC RACING (SEGA)
3. NSW TEAM SONIC RACING (SEGA)

4. PS4 FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
5. PS4 RAGE 2 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
6. PS4 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (TAKE 2)
7. NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
8. XBO TEAM SONIC RACING (SEGA)9. XBO FORZA HORIZON 4 (MICROSOFT)10. NSW SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)

2nd in Top 5 France :

1.Call of Duty : Black Ops 4
2.Days Gone
3.Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4.New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

5.Team Sonic racing

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
United Kingdom:
Week 23, 2019 - All Formats (Units)

01 (02) FIFA 19 (EA SPORTS)
02 (04) DAYS GONE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
03 (15) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (05) RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ROCKSTAR)
05 (01) BLOOD & TRUTH (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (08) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
07 (03) TEAM SONIC RACING (SEGA)
08 (07) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
09 (10) MORTAL KOMBAT 11 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
10 (RE) PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
11 (27) BATTLEFIELD V (EA GAMES)
12 (09) FORZA HORIZON 4 (MICROSOFT)
13 (12) SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
14 (17) ANTHEM (EA GAMES)
15 (18) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION)
16 (13) RAGE 2 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
17 (RE) ASTRO BOT RESCUE MISSION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
18 (NE) PERSONA Q2: NEW CINEMA LABYRINTH (ATLUS)
19 (14) ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY (UBISOFT)
20 (NE) MOTOGP 19 (MILESTONE)
21 (RE) WIPEOUT: OMEGA COLLECTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
22 (06) CRICKET 19: OFFICIAL GAME OF THE ASHES (MAXIMUM GAMES)
23 (RE) THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM VR (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
24 (RE) DOOM VFR (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
25 (16) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
26 (26) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
27 (20) SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)
28 (19) POKEMON: LET'S GO, PIKACHU! (NINTENDO)
29 (11) TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 2 (UBISOFT)
30 (RE) GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
31 (28) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
32 (21) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)
33 (35) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT)
34 (22) WATCH DOGS 2 (UBISOFT)
35 (31) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
36 (32) THE LEGO MOVIE 2 VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
37 (25) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
38 (39) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
39 (23) LEGO DC SUPER-VILLAINS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
40 (RE) FORZA HORIZON 3 (MICROSOFT)

France:
Week 22, 2019 - Individual Formats (Value)

01 (03) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
02 (01) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
03 (04) NSW NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
04 (02) PS4 DAYS GONE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (RE) NSW SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)

Spain:
April 2019 - Individual Formats Retail (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 DAYS GONE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (04) PS4 FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (05) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (NE) PS4 MORTAL KOMBAT 11 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
05 (01) PS4 SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06 (07) NSW YOSHI'S CRAFTED WORLD (NINTENDO)
07 (RE) NSW NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
08 (RE) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (06) PS4 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (TAKE 2)
10 (NE) NSW SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES: WORLD MISSION (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)

Humdinger

It's got a deep discount in Days of Play, so I'm guessing that will keep it high in the charts for a while, then it'll drop off once the sale stops.

Bryank75

Banned
Great game, I just hope they do an action / stealth game next, like Syphon Filter. The stealth genre almost died out this generation and we need variety. I wish Kojima would write a story for Bend and just give a bit of overall direction to them and then let the studio off to complete it while he works with his own studio on whatever is next....

thelastword

Banned
WOW, Days Gone still rocking the charts and taking names everywhere, what a hit this game is....Haven't been keeping up really......Hey! Blood & Truth was Number 1 in the UK and it's still rocking the charts? Awesome, saw some other VR games as well, so good to see VR taking it's slice of the pie........

Days Gone back number 1

D8cV5XrUEAA34xr.jpg:large
Well I did my part digitally....Will see where it ends up on the overall NPD list.....When Does the NPD drop btw?

Congrats to bend!!! And ewww at number 2...cricket. Why? smh
Cricket World Cup is on atm........

mckmas8808

UK Days Gone dominates the charts for the second consecutive month 👌

People don't give Sony enough credit when it comes to them adding VR to the Playstation brand. They've done more for VR with PSVR, than they did in the handheld space with PSP or VITA. Both the PSP and VITA were cool and had there place, but PSVR is actually changing the videogame culture.

Blood & Truth seems to be selling well.

Evilms

Banned
Spain Retail (Vandal.net) - 1st Days of Play Week

1-PS4 Spiderman - 4900 / 306.850
2-PS4 Days Gone - 3800 / 51.600
3-PS4 Grand Theft Auto V - 3000 / 929.200
4-PS4 MotoGP 19 - 2600 / NEW
5-PS4 God of War - 2500 / 208.250
6-PS4 Red Dead Redemption 2 - 2000 / 413.000
7-3DS Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth - 1800 / NEW
8-NSW Mario Kart 8 Delue - 1400 / 380.600
9-NSW Pokémon Let's Go - 1250 / 231.950
10- PS4 Call of Duty Black Ops 4 - 1200 / 256.400

PlayStation Classic: 7500
PlayStation 4 : 6000
Nintendo Switch : 4300
Nintendo 3DS : 900
Xbox One : 750

PlayStation Classic LTD : 34000

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Days Gone, Spiderman, God of War continue to expand their sales....Spiderman and Days Gone appear to be juggernauts at this point.....

Vr Worlds seems to be doing very well, always on the charts and Blood and Truth is still up there...All of Sony's franchises are growing it would seem......Wipeout Omega too, since the VR guys are lapping this one up too.....There was a report which showed that the attach rate of games to hardware for PSVR is extremely high btw, so VR owners are supporting the devs pretty well......So there's no way Sony will abandon Vr with so many star titles on the medium already.... (astrobot, tetris effect, blood and truth etc.)...

Even PS classic which got lots of stick is selling decently? and I know it's discounted, but people are still getting it...I guess the games matter don't it.....Like everything else, it's all about the games...

Evilms

Banned
D9aUs-mXYAosNbj.jpg

In Germany Spider-Man is the best-selling exclusivity since Uncharted4. More than half a million games have been sold since September. I think Spidey can target 20 million copies over time.

God Of War more than 200K and Days Gone more than 100K.

Spain
May 2019 - Individual Formats Retail (Units)

1-PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
2-PS4 DAYS GONE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
3- NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
4-PS4 MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
5-PS4 FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
6-NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
7-NSW SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
8-NSW SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
9-PS4 CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10-NSW FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

What a success this days gone, it's amazing how it stays in the charts for a 72 metacritic game.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

D9aUs-mXYAosNbj.jpg

In Germany Spider-Man is the best-selling exclusivity since Uncharted4. More than half a million games have been sold since September. I think Spidey can target 20 million copies over time.

God Of War more than 200K and Days Gone more than 100K.

Spain
May 2019 - Individual Formats Retail (Units)

1-PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
2-PS4 DAYS GONE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
3- NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
4-PS4 MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
5-PS4 FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
6-NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
7-NSW SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
8-NSW SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
9-PS4 CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10-NSW FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

What a success this days gone, it's amazing how it stays in the charts for a 72 metacritic game.
It truly is amazing how GTAV still dominates in some sales charts, for a game as old as it is, it has to be setting some sort of record!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Normally I'm pretty luke-warm on open world titles, but I have to admit Days Gone is entertaining the hell out of me.

As an all-round product its not nearly as polished as ND, SSM, or Guerilla's stuff, but the core gameplay is solid, and I find the dialogue and voice acting to be surprisingly good. Its a very engaging game.

mckmas8808

Normally I'm pretty luke-warm on open world titles, but I have to admit Days Gone is entertaining the hell out of me.

As an all-round product its not nearly as polished as ND, SSM, or Guerilla's stuff, but the core gameplay is solid, and I find the dialogue and voice acting to be surprisingly good. Its a very engaging game.

Have you noticed any difference now that they are constantly updating the game?

Evilms

Banned
Days Gone Tops the Swiss Charts in 8th Week
  1. Days Gone
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. FIFA 19
  4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  5. Super Mario Party
  6. God Of War
  7. Super Smash Bros. Utlimate
  8. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
  9. Minecraft
  10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Lastyou1

Banned
Mk11 really put itself in the corner with dubious choices that backfired.

It's a shame, because the game is great, but ruined by NRS unexplainable choices.

Lukin1978

How bad is the stealth?

Evilms

Banned
Italian charts Week 24, 2019

1. Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)
  2. Days Gone (PS4)
  3. Detriot: Become Human (PS4)
  4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
  5. God of War (PS4)
  6. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (PS4)
  7. MotoGP 19 (PS4)
  8. Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
  9. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (NS)
  10. The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

Top Bottom