• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Capcom Not Bringing Switch Ver. of Monster Hunter XX to US (at this time)

The company confirms it has no plans to localize the title.

GameSpot said:
Capcom confirmed to GameSpot that it has no plans to localize the recently announced Nintendo Switch version of Monster Hunter XX.

Originally released in Japan for 3DS earlier this year, Monster Hunter XX is an expanded version of Monster Hunter Generations, featuring additional quests, monsters, and other content. Capcom announced a Switch release for the game last month. In addition to high-resolution visuals, the Switch version also supports online cross-platform play with the 3DS game. Players can also transfer their save data over from the 3DS release to Switch.

UPDATE from Capcom

Monster Hunter Twitter

Monster Hunter said:
Just to clarify: our official response is we have not announced any plans to localize MHXX at this time

It's possible "at this time" implies a localization could happen at some unspecified point in the future.

Ridley327

Well, I know who just secured my FOTY vote!

What a shitshow they're running, especially in this instance where there's far less to localize.

Sendou

Incredible choice considering how well Switch is doing in west. Do they want MH to be popular in west or not?

I hope Nintendo picks the title up.

Kinsei

Banned
Trying to build your fanbase in the west by pissing off your fanbase in the west is an interesting strategy.

People would buy both games ya know.

yoona.gif

For real sucks tho. I don't want to play the Japanese version with a guide the whole time.

sphinx

the piano man
Watch out Konami, Capcom is coming for you.

the honor of being the shittiest japanese publisher isn't guaranteed anymore, beware.

As someone who has been interested in these games for quite a while but never liked them being on portable, I'm totally psyched that World is on consoles. But that doesn't mean the series shouldn't be on switch!

Sucks, but I think I had my fill of Generations. I don't think a simple upgraded HD remaster would've been enough to sustain my interest. I'm certain you'll get your portable HD MonHun sooner than later anyway, what with the Switch becoming the only sustainable portable in Japan. THANK GOD for new assets tho

Opa-Pa

At this point I'm convinced their strategy is doing stuff that will piss off fans every time they're starting to gain good will, you know, to balance things out.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Fuck you too capcom, hopefully nintendo brings it over and localize it for capcom.

(Maybe I should just import the jp version)

Snaku

Banned
Woah, this Switch thing is selling like hot cakes, and the install base is buying anything publishers can throw on it! But we should probably not even try...money is overrated.

dlauv

You know what bugs me about this is that they think a PS3 w/ SweetFX turned on looking game like Monster Hunter World for PS4/X1 is a better business decision.

I don't even own a Switch. The stupidity of it is just mind-boggling.

I have to wonder if board meetings are just old guys yelling at interns about pedantic shit all day.

Top Bottom