• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot details BF1's multiplayer (two seater planes, horses, bayonets/sabers, more)

RoKKeR

Thanks to Anton Sugar for compiling the following list of details. There is more at the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hnASW4N3aE&feature=youtu.be

Another summary/recap video from Levelcap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7fkViCihRA

• Medic has syringe revives
  • One of the maps mentioned looks HUGE--old BF style
  • Gameplay trailer looked similar; reveal trailer really didn't seem "facetious" in comparison (I think he meant fallacious/false?)
  • Air combat: dogfights, strafing runs, bombing runs--DICE wants there to be a lot of air options; you can sit in friend's gunner seat while they do strafing/bombing runs or dogfight
  • You can control battleships; can demolish shoreline (ground deformation was mentioned in another description)
  • Horses will be best for scouting/flanking (like bikes)
  • Supposed to have a new melee system
  • Bayonet charge ability
  • Can likely use sabers
  • Support seem like they'll have heavy machineguns
  • Seems like four classes will have weapons similar to what we'd expect
  • SP: more "open" campaign, make it feel like a "Battlefield" campaign as opposed to BF3/4 (he said it sounded more like Bad Company's campaign)
  • Trying to make use of battlegrounds a lot of people don't know about
  • Progression system wasn't confirmed; neither was weapon customization
  • Didn't find out if you can pilot the zeppelin/barrage, but it's not just a part of the skybox; planes flying around it
  • Seems very close to completion

And here are some details from Levelcap's recap of the reveal trailer/event:

About to pass out, but a few details from LevelCap:

-Mentions again that there is some kind of dedicated driver class for vehicles, related to how you spawn into them. Still not sure
-D-Day style map (obviously not D-Day)
-There are double-propeller planes, much larger planes than were shown
-Clip of horses riding alongside a train--can you board from your horse?
-Gas mask does reduce peripheral and also really changes the soundscape, too
-Big emphasis on close quarters engagements and melee
-Can get entire squad into tanks--sounds like tanks may be team-oriented vehicles
-Really cool maps; one had train that ran through forest

It sounds like the new setting is going to open up some interesting gameplay elements on the ground, at sea, and in the air. Expect to learn more about the MP at E3.

The more I read about this the more excited I get. I'm okay with them fudging some of the tech to make "some" guns a little more exciting but I'm so happy to see they seem to be going for authenticity in most of this. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this may be the most fun I'll have with a BF yet. I'm hopeful at least

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Weapon customization was confirmed on the reveal stream, but no details.

Yeah, going back to older wars is one thing, but they're hardly going to get away with tossing out progressions systems and customization. We're just too used to that.

TheAssist

trailer looks amazing. looking forward to gameplay videos.

But they really need to have a word with their marketing department. Especially the guy who is responsible for the music. I mean come on. Dub step. Of all things you choose that for a WW1 game. Jesus. Grow up.

-Mentions again that there is some kind of dedicated driver class for vehicles, related to how you spawn into them. Still not sure
-Can get entire squad into tanks--sounds like tanks may be team-oriented vehicles

RoKKeR

You are the man. Added to the OP.

I know what game I'll be playing until FFXV rolls around. First person shooters haven't really been my cup of tea this gen, hopefully this is the one.

So far, it looks like vehicle perks aren't present and that's fantastic. I'll enjoy the absolute shit out of the return to 1942-esque air-combat. An honest nine-yards of ammo and no perks with counter-measures and other shit.

I haven't been stoked for a Battlefield since Bad Company 2.

Theonik

Yeah, going back to older wars is one thing, but they're hardly going to get away with tossing out progressions systems and customization. We're just too used to that.
I'd have really liked them to tbh. After it being a thing for a while now I've come to consider it the biggest buzzkiller in competitive shooters.

I'm sick of progression too. I just want to be able to pick a class/gun and go.

Now every game has progression it's really a grind.

Squire

Banned
Did Bad Company have a good campaign? I'm a campaign player, but I always hear BF3/4 are bad campaigns.

Theonik

Did Bad Company have a good campaign? I'm a campaign player, but I always hear BF3/4 are bad campaigns.
People liked the Bad Company 1 campaign. BC2 was so-so it had some good moments but some other shitty ones. Really these games are made for MP.

Syringe revives? what's in those syringes?

they should just do this:
- your teammate goes down and stays down until they bleed out or you put them out of their misery with morphine.

Gamezone

Gold Member
So still no multiplayer offline mode with bots I guess, even after the huge request for Battlefront.

good to hear they are going back to Bad Company 1 campaign :D

i dunno why is ground deformation being constantly mentioned. That has been in BF since Bad Company too?

elyetis

i dunno why is ground deformation being constantly mentioned. That has been in BF since Bad Company too?
It keep getting worst at each new release post bf3 alpha ( yet another reminder that the alpha of bf3 was a better game than the released one ).

SP: more "open" campaign, make it feel like a "Battlefield" campaign as opposed to BF3/4 (he said it sounded more like Bad Company's campaign)
TbZ10ug.gif

RoKKeR

Did i hear Bad company like campaign? talk to me DICE.

Yeah I would love for a return of the design influence from BC1's campaign. That was a very open ended campaign that really let you approach each encounter how you wanted. Hell I remember getting lost/turned around often in that campaign, which I much prefer to being funneled down some cinematic corridor like BF3/4.

mujun

Yeah I would love for a return of the design influence from BC1's campaign. That was a very open ended campaign that really let you approach each encounter how you wanted. Hell I remember getting lost/turned around often in that campaign, which I much prefer to being funneled down some cinematic corridor like BF3/4.

You could totally get lost, the levels were massive.

I remember the 2nd or 3rd mission in you got a missile strike radio and I nuked like half the level and enemies from a vantage point. I must have been 500 metres away from some of the enemies. I loved being able to do that. The vehicles were rad as well. There really were a lot of options in terms of approach.

Top Bottom