• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Kojima to leave Konami after MGSV, power struggle, communications embargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That's the end of Konami officially (as a games company, I mean). The end has been in sight for years but now it's truly over.

Hopefully they sell off their IPs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's for the best.

Konami is a toxic company.

Things will only be better for their former employees when they no longer have to be shackled to them.

Soma

damn konami

mfojKGg.png

wbEMX

Fuck. So this really will be the end for MGS. Let's hope that MGS V will be the proper send-off that the fans deserved.

Thanks, Kojima.
yO09Qlm.gif

Euron

Isn't he pretty much all Konami has left? Sad to see him go. MGS will probably continue in some form but it looks like MGS5 is the last true MGS.

And I wonder what this means for Silent Hills? They can't just cancel it.

kadotsu

Banned
I wished this was an industry in which everyone of this talented team would be picked up instantly so their final day at office could end something like this:

94.jpg

The one thing Konami had, treated like shit. This company has fallen so far from grace.

I hope Kojima and Co find a better workplace. Metal Gear is going to be awful here soon if Kojima isn't working on it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Makes sense to me. Konami made Kojima. Without them, what would he be? They'll be fine. They don't need him. They don't need anything! They have...this ashtray. And this paddle game. That's all they need. And this remote control...

Coconut

Banned
Good for KojiPro seems like the last thing Konami wants to do these days is make games. With any luck Kojima and staff get rolled into Platnium Games or something like that.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wow.

Who owns the rights to MGS? I presume Konami?

Pachimari

Even after what I have written in the other thread, this is depressing. Time flies, but it'll be hard to accept.

There goes an awesome Silent Hills, Zone of the Enders 3, and Metal Gear Solid remake.

Wagram

The hilarious thing is that this shit seems like something that would come out of a Hideo Kojima directed game.

Gorillaz

well he is Konami for the most part and I was honestly waiting for this shoe to drop for awhile

will be interesting seeing what happens to both parties after MGS V

Woffls

Shit, that's a lot worse than I was expecting. Kojima will certainly take some people to a new studio, or an existing one. Not sure if he would go straight to another big publisher, though. Depends how much freedom he can be afforded.

Sony could really do with getting him on-board, but I don't know if they're willing to throw that kind of money around for studios at the moment.

Majanew

Banned
Please let Kojima take Silent Hills with him. Kojima's / Del Torro's Silent Hills was one of my most wanted games after playing P.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom