• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Kojima to leave Konami after MGSV, power struggle, communications embargo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.
A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have led the publisher to make drastic changes, including the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The extraordinary measures were revealed by a source within the studio, speaking to GameSpot on the condition of anonymity. The person explained that, once the Phantom Pain project is finished, in all likelihood the management at the studio will disband.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Good. Start making independent gold.

NotLiquid

yO09Qlm.gif

_woLf

This is the way the world ends...

I can't believe Konami is doing this. Absolute disrespect, something that can completely destroy your company in this industry.

I will not be purchasing Konami titles after The Phantom Pain, I guess. (But it's not like they have any other titles these days anyway!)

Wow, Konami fucked up. Who else besides Kojima do they have? Igarashi? Who's basically been told to sit still and not touch anything till retirement

Or it could be an amicable breakup like Sakurai from Nintendo (Sora), although from the sounds of it, I very much doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom